What topic did everyone do for their major Project? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
My essay was on the influences on war correspondents and how this affects their role as historians.

Pure historiography. Did it in 3 weeks, 2 weeks of research and 1 of writing. Yes shamelessly influenced by current affairs idea stemmed from embeded reporting in iraq, choose to stay away from that conflict though.

Did alrite, would do it differently a second time, but same topic.

twiddla

I read scotty mate's essay - it was really good (same class)
Mine was on the changing attitudes from both the German and Allied sides to the Nuremberg Trials and how they were conducted - it is interesting to see how two sides that had been in conclict for the best part of 5 or 6 centuries end up agreeing on something with the transition taking about 35 years or maybe less

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
I explored how the concept of "nothing", poised the church against the scientific revolution and ultimately forced society to progress

miss_niss

Occasional Member
HSC
lol hungarian revolutions? subjective nature of history?

(Oh by the way Jonathan - 320 if you are reading this stop laughing at me I'm not a loser at least I don't come on here for resources! And stop stalking me! I stand by all my previous statements on the matter.)

I just did Pirates.

Pretty much watched PotC with Johnny Depp and decided I liked that topic.

Specifically I did why historians like marcus rediker think pirates established democracies in a direct challange to the stsus quo and whether or not this was a legitimate assumption.

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
my topic was:

What is the value of autobiography and biography in the study of history as demonstrated in the accounts of the life of Anna Leonowens?

I loved doing it. :)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
mine was "Did Isabella I of Spain have a positive or negative effect upon Spainish society"
i said she did, cos even though she started the spainish inquisition she believed in education and protected the American indians from the nobles who wanted to make them slaves and stuff.
Pity all her children died and went insane and stuff....

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
How have the different approaches historians have taken in writing about the Shakespearean authorship debate affected perception and credibility both of their arguments, and of the debate itself?

for bored 05ers and VERY BORED other ppl:

ps don't mind the name...

mittens

HSC
[/QUOTE]anyways, my topic question was 'Rubbish, Illiterate and Tuneless: What role does history play in the establishment of the image of early rock music in Australia, 1955-1963?' it was really good fun, because I got to listen to old music and read old, old rolling stone essays :)[/QUOTE]

hey thats really cool! that woulda been so much fun and it would have been a seriously good debate what'd u get as ur final mark?

my area of debate was the homeric question and i delved into the whole base of what we call 'homer the historian's' works... so looking at the illiad and the odyssey wasnt a necessity but it was cool to check out the stories.. its also cool cause u learn to question whether this 'homer' was an actual man or a cult name or sumthin... its reeli sik and if u get a spare moment check this area out! i dont believe there was any such bard...! i didnt get much for my final mark cause i screwed the essay up! damn my informal language! but yea, cool topic... :uhhuh:

waterfowl

HSC
Just in case anyone is interested in seeing what resources I used, in case they do a similar topic area (which I doubt)...it is about a guy who was the head of the Habsurg family (Austro-Hungarian Empire) and also the Holy Roman Empire. Emperor Friedrich III, or Archduke Friedrich IV (that was so confusing at first) : he is actually a really interesting man because he was into astrology and all that and he seemed to advance because his opponents just died early.

Last edited:

alika

i looked at salem 1962. The trials and what were the causes vs a modern day representation. it was pretty fun to do and i was really pleased with my mark.
GOOD LUCK IN THE EXAM EVERYONE

chocc0

HSC
i looked at the emergence of the image of Alexander the Great as a divinity during the helenistic and early roamn periods! i would have been good if the Alexander movie had come out ! Bastards

matt_a

I did

"Was Nero responsible for the fire of Rome in 64AD"

Focussing on the historians and their context and the changing oppinions and myths of Nero, in the creation of the rumour. Right up to the Burning software "Nero". 45/50. I was happy. :giddy:

mittens

HSC
matt_a said:
I did

"Was Nero responsible for the fire of Rome in 64AD"

Focussing on the historians and their context and the changing oppinions and myths of Nero, in the creation of the rumour. Right up to the Burning software "Nero". 45/50. I was happy. :giddy:
ahh i woz wondering about that the other day cause i saw this icon on teh computer screen and i thought it was funny cause it was called nero and it was a pic of a burning amphitheatre... i just laughed and dismissed it...

matt_a

mittens said:
ahh i woz wondering about that the other day cause i saw this icon on teh computer screen and i thought it was funny cause it was called nero and it was a pic of a burning amphitheatre... i just laughed and dismissed it...
And the rumour lives on :p

It's pretty clever ey. Whoever came up with the idea to call it Nero deserves a medal. And it's so good how so many people don't get it! lol

mittens

HSC
matt_a said:
And the rumour lives on :p

It's pretty clever ey. Whoever came up with the idea to call it Nero deserves a medal. And it's so good how so many people don't get it! lol
yeh! its amazing wat u find! im still seeing ppl refer to 'homer' as an author of the epics... the odyssey and the illiad... dang fools... if homer was a real person, much less greek; his name would have had alot more to it... the word homer which is a western version of the real greek name 'he' held... 'homeros'... which ment hostage. Greek names were comprised of compound words... no greek bard was ever given a real name with this property... though it could qualify as a nickname! yay its so interesting!but go the nero thing! give that man a new.

mittens

HSC
trescowthick said:
i did was pompeii atypical for a roman town in relation to its grid pattern layout. this included the differing definitions of grid pattern (i foolishly thought there could ony be one when i began) and the histiography of pompeii over time. it was interesting, but let me tell you at the end i had renamed it Pompeii: why it deserved to die a horrible and painful death.
thats really cool too! hey did u check out some of the stuff theyhad set up in villas and things to train Gladiators! when i heard abut that i was thinking... way-totally cool! and they had a gladiatorial arena aswell! so what'd they do that was so dang wrong?

matt_a

mittens said:
thats really cool too! hey did u check out some of the stuff theyhad set up in villas and things to train Gladiators! when i heard abut that i was thinking... way-totally cool! and they had a gladiatorial arena aswell! so what'd they do that was so dang wrong?
It was pretty damn debaucherous wasnt it? But then where in the ancient world was it not deabucherous :p

I can' believe Pompeii will be compulsory for all HSC Ancient students. It's gonna turn into English "Area of Study". Maybe they'll have a creative writing piece on Pompeii. "Imagine you are a Pompeiian for a day. Describe your day" lol

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
HAHAHA yeah that would be funny :D

I did the death of Marilyn Monroe, quite interesting actually. And NO it wasn't suicide.

kelboo

HSC
Thx Alika, I need the luck too!!

My topic was Hern*n Cortés and the conquest of New Mexico. I studied how historians' viewpoints change according to their context, from one extreme to the other. I thought it would be mildly interesting, but I don't even remember rushing to write it ilke I normally do!! I enjoyed it so much more than I would have guessed. ;)

pukkatukka

galoomp
HSC
mine was "how have the historians of eva maria duarte de peron responded to the 'sinner' myth"...40/40 woo!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)