What UAI would you be content/happy with? (1 Viewer)

What UAI would you be content/happy with?

• 80-85

Votes: 94 17.8%
  • 85-87

Votes: 39 7.4%
  • 87-90

Votes: 43 8.1%
  • 90-92

Votes: 69 13.1%
  • 92-94

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • 94-96

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • 96-98

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • 98-99

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • 99-100

Votes: 53 10.0%

Votes: 27 5.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
lol you're still very asian :p
I mean you like Jay Chou, doing mathsy subjects, no sports (guessing), skinny build (from your picture), long hair. :wave:
fob ^_^V
Well, I am physically Asian. That's true. I also listen to Jay Chou. But he is the only Asian singer that I listen to. Apart from that... I tend to share some similarities with usual Aussie. I play no sports but I do a lot of running, walking and random exercising. I am not that skinny actually. :) I have put on few kilos but otherwise I am not that skinny. :) :)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
mle43 said:
youre a paradox
so whats the uni course you want that's 94.xx??

lyounamu said:
Well, I am physically Asian. That's true. I also listen to Jay Chou. But he is the only Asian singer that I listen to. Apart from that... I tend to share some similarities with usual Aussie. I play no sports but I do a lot of running, walking and random exercising. I am not that skinny actually. :) I have put on few kilos but otherwise I am not that skinny. :) :)
do you ride kangaroos to school?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trajan

HSC
Tbh before I got my UAI, I would have been happy with 90- ish.

When I ended up getting 99.55.... I was esctatic.....Guys just " man -up". It's not as hard as you think it is to break the 99 barrier.

Seriously if a numbskull like me could do it....I'm pretty sure most people here could.

TurkStyle

HSC
i didnt get economics in in prelim this year so probably wont do it next year
do you reckon i can still do it for uni if my uai fits?

and is economics or commerce the one more to do with stock market?
stock market really interests me

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
TurkStyle said:
You dont need to do economics in high school to do it in uni. They reteach it all.

TurkStyle said:
Basically, both commerce and economics are the same. The only difference is that in economics you have to choose economics as your major (if you are double majoring you can do something else as well, but one of your majors has to be economics). If you do commerce you can do whatever you want for your major (economics included). Commerce tends to have a higher UAI than economics, but if you get the UAI you might as well do commerce, as when it comes to picking majors you can do something else if you have changed your mind, but can do economics if you havent.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
foram said:
99.3 - 99.55 would be okay.
99.6-99.95 would make me happy.
100 would make me euphoric.
wow. take it easy. work that hard and i guarantee ull finish the hsc a personality vacuum.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
nick3157 said:
wow. take it easy. work that hard and i guarantee ull finish the hsc a personality vacuum.
It's a sacrifice I have to make. I'm going back to my 4U math. I don't like the fitzpatric explanations. I think the cambridge explanations are much better.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
foram said:
It's a sacrifice I have to make. I'm going back to my 4U math. I don't like the fitzpatric explanations. I think the cambridge explanations are much better.
Have you been teaching yourself 4u maths? :read:
I like fitzpatrick but only because their book is much smaller. Looks nice. haha

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
can i just point out..

a 'poor' uai is not the end of your world.

suicide.. is.
=d

BackCountrySnow

HSC
TurkStyle said:

Well if you don't like Prelim/HSC economics what makes you think you'll enjoy doing it at university??

And no, as far as I know you learn very little about the stock market. All you learn is that share prices are set by market forces (demand&supply)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
can i just point out..

a 'poor' uai is not the end of your world.

suicide.. is.
=d
well to someone like Foram, your UAI is a measurement of your worth as a person. So yes, it would be the end of the world in his case.

Without Wings said:
wrong.

An individual can work extremely hard and study effectively yet they may not achieve a higher, or even the same UAI as an individual who didn't work as hard/study as effectively.

On that same note 2 indviduals doing the same subjects working 'just as hard as each other' won't necessarily get the same uai.
Aptitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
wrong.

An individual can work extremely hard and study effectively yet they may not achieve a higher, or even the same UAI as an individual who didn't work as hard/study as effectively.

On that same note 2 indviduals doing the same subjects working 'just as hard as each other' won't necessarily get the same uai.
Well everyone's opinion is different. That's the idea I hold. Based on my experience, I get relatively good results when I put effort in. When I don't, I do not get a good mark as a consequence of that. I know that my post was highly subjective but that's the scenario for many people. UAI does seem to reward people who put in hard work rather than people who go through their academic life only by their intellectual skills.

And two people in the same course cannot put the exactly same amount of work and of course, the exam results can be different depending on their conditions on the exam day. However, it is more common that the one who put in more effort will get higher result.

And I also mentioned 'studing smart'. People who get good results with minimal amount of studying might have their own way of studying that really suit them (of course with little amount of time).

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
well its retarded.

firstly, suicide is nothing to joke about. especially in relation to the hsc.

secondly, i only need a uai of 75 (so, 75 is good. anything else is even better) and, please, i shit all over most of you.
rude but true. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ Well, I shall not argue with an expert. :)

Thanks for your post by the way.

numbakruncha

HSC
Anything over 75 will make me happy :). I'm not too fussed-the truly revolutionary people in this world didn't go to university and look at their effect on the world. And, as the poem has it:

To follow the path:
look to the master,
follow the master,
walk with the master,
see through the master,
become the master.

I'm not too fussed. HSC is not the end of everything. Rather, it's the start of something new.

Trajan

HSC
mollycoddle said:
I would be happy with 90, but very happy with 95 and above.
Anyway, I wouldn't want to cause too great a shock. My poor ickle schoolikins has never seen the likes of a UAI of 99-100.

You mean your high school has never had anyone get a UAI between 99-100?

Which school might this be...? PM if you want.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I'd be content with anything over 96. :)

I'd be pretty happy with a 98+ though.

TurkStyle

HSC
dude apparently my scholls highest ever was 97 and that was last year and apparently she was meant to get 99.55 but my school dragged her down

so were ranked 417th last year apparent

I will break my schools bad record!!!!

like that girl from maquarie fields high and auburn girls high

adidasboy

weee
HSC
how can a school drag your mark down? I that thought if you come first, the school's performance won't count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)