What UAI would you be content/happy with? (1 Viewer)

What UAI would you be content/happy with?

• 80-85

Votes: 94 17.8%
  • 85-87

Votes: 39 7.4%
  • 87-90

Votes: 43 8.1%
  • 90-92

Votes: 69 13.1%
  • 92-94

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • 94-96

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • 96-98

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • 98-99

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • 99-100

Votes: 53 10.0%

Votes: 27 5.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, that's stupid. By the way, I'd be happy with anything over 98. If I get less than about 96, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
mle43 said:
not a bad strategy - get the high UAI, get the good uni degree/job, make the big money and then all your gf problems will be solved

ps, you might want to learn how to spell if 85 isnt appealing to you
You are so hard to impress,

and we love you for it.

selablad

HSC
I'm happy with an OP 1 :D But if I had to have a UAI, I'd want 99+, and be content with 96+

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
selablad said:
I'm happy with an OP 1 :D But if I had to have a UAI, I'd want 99+, and be content with 96+
Same here :). A 99.5+ realistically I'd be absolutely ecstatic! A 99+, I'd still be very happy with joy :D And a 95+, I'll be content :), but getting into Med will be quite difficult, depending on UMAT and interview. I won't suicide like Foram though...that's sad :(.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
UAI is simply the measure of how smart/hard you worked. If I get UAI of 30, I probably deserve it. If I get UAI of 99+, I probably deserve it too.

I will be happy with anything as long as I know I worked my best. On top of that, I already have the advantage of EAS (I am quite sure) and the courses that I wish to enrol don't all require high UAI.

TurkStyle

HSC
i cant believe so many people have a realistic goal of 100

many people are going to be sad...

anyway the key word was realistic!

im aiming for 99.5 aswell for International studies/law or commerce at sydney uni
but 96.5 for int studies i would be content with

Last edited:

selablad

HSC
lyounamu said:
I will be happy with anything as long as I know I worked my best. On top of that, I already have the advantage of EAS (I am quite sure) and the courses that I wish to enrol don't all require high UAI.
What's EAS? :)

That's the same with me about the courses. I mean, I don't want to do medicine or law or anything fancy like that... The only problem is that I want to go to uni interstate somewhere (don't really care where) and it would be hard to justify that to my parents if I get a bad OP. Slash UAI because they'd need to convert it to something so I could actually get into uni interstate. Or something :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
selablad said:
What's EAS? :)

That's the same with me about the courses. I mean, I don't want to do medicine or law or anything fancy like that... The only problem is that I want to go to uni interstate somewhere (don't really care where) and it would be hard to justify that to my parents if I get a bad OP. Slash UAI because they'd need to convert it to something so I could actually get into uni interstate. Or something :)
Education Access Scheme. This is designed for those who are academically disadvantaged. My learning for Englishw as disrupted since I came to Australia roughly about 3 years ago. Therefore, I am deemed as a 'non-English speaker' and I am entitled to extra 5 bonus points when it comes to university course selection.

lordo

HSC
i go to the same school as foram and the expectations of the school are enormous... im in my hsc year and its really intense but i think they try and make you realise its about all that you can do. personally i want 96+ UAI, would be happy with 85+ but disappointed, very disappointed with <80 because i have the potential for 99+. i think going to a selective school really skews our views on these things... so... give him a chance.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
lyounamu said:
Education Access Scheme. This is designed for those who are academically disadvantaged. My learning for Englishw as disrupted since I came to Australia roughly about 3 years ago. Therefore, I am deemed as a 'non-English speaker' and I am entitled to extra 5 bonus points when it comes to university course selection.
wohhhh, 5 pts that heaps
lucky u
we'd u come from?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hollyy. said:
wohhhh, 5 pts that heaps
lucky u
we'd u come from?
Well, South Korea. I absobred into 'mainstream Australian society' quite quickly. I am not like South Korean now. :mad:

EDIT: It's not necessarily 5 bonus UAI. It's just that you can get into university course that is 5 UAI higher than the UAI that you got (excepting the few university courses like Medicine).

sannous1

HSC
TurkStyle said:
i cant believe so many people have a realistic goal of 100

many people are going to be sad...

anyway the key word was realistic!

im aiming for 99.5 aswell for International studies/law or commerce at sydney uni
but 96.5 for int studies i would be content with
what school do you go to?

TurkStyle

HSC
sannous1 said:
what school do you go to?
Bossley Park Highschool

He i get that 5 points too my tutor told me we enrol in year 12
my parents are both from non english backgrounds and i got turk citizenship

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
TurkStyle said:
Bossley Park Highschool

He i get that 5 points too my tutor told me we enrol in year 12
my parents are both from non english backgrounds and i got turk citizenship
When did you come to Australia? You must have come to Australia after you enrolled in year 7 to take advantage of that reason.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mle43 said:
:eek:

you'll be the first person ever with a UAI of 105
Hahahahahahaha...

well, it's not actually 5 bonus UAI but I would love 105 UAI. :wave: :wave:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
UAI is simply the measure of how smart/hard you worked. If I get UAI of 30, I probably deserve it. If I get UAI of 99+, I probably deserve it too.
Effort + Persistence > Natural Intelligence
The old paradox of the Hare and the Tortoise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)