what was your very first computer? (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
I was about 6-7yrs old when we had our first computer. All I remember is the 7" floppy disks, it had Windows 3.5 and had awesome games like Jetpak, Sim City and a game called something like Jones Lane (it was on a 7" floppy disk, can't remember its full name).

Then when I was in year 5 Mum did a computer course and borrowed a spare computer from a friend. The interface reminds me a of Mac computer (can't be sure what it was but it wasn't Windows). It was very old but helped me learn to touch type.

We got our first proper computer in 2001 with the Internet. Can't remember the specifications but we had it until 2004 when the monitor died and it was pretty outdated. Then we got our current desktop in February 2004. I got my first laptop for Christmas 2005 and then my current laptop (my main computer, my parents use the desktop) end of September 2008.

I kind of want a macbook and I can't wait until the Desktop dies so I can convince Mum to buy a netbook and stop stealing my desk.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Sounds like The Treehouse. I had that on my 93(?) computer, all I can remember about it is that it ran Windows 3.1 and had Indy and Links on it. Also some Hugo games.

We had some Compaq in 98ish running Windows 95 originally. All I can remember is that the 3GB hard drive slowly ran out of total space till it was a 512mb hard drive >.<

omg yes!!
i googled it. ahhh the memories.
[youtube]7KSvtKAxhAg[/youtube]

jazzzod

HSC
1995(family)

Pentium 1 i think 77 Mhz
16 mb ram
2 gb hd
Windows 95

I still remember the first day we got it, me, my dad and brother played pinball on it for a few hours, lol. We had it for 5 years.

late 2005 (personal)
AMD 3200+
1gb ram (now 2)
160 gb hd (now added extra 500 gb hd)
128 mb ATI X300 graphics
Windows XP (now added 7 on second hd)

Same as this. Pretty awesome stuff :)

I later upgraded to an iMac (colorful ones), a low end del laptop, and some box. today, i have an i7 8gig 2tb 2x 4870 pewpew

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I was about 6-7yrs old when we had our first computer. All I remember is the 7" floppy disks, it had Windows 3.5 and had awesome games like Jetpak, Sim City and a game called something like Jones Lane (it was on a 7" floppy disk, can't remember its full name).

Then when I was in year 5 Mum did a computer course and borrowed a spare computer from a friend. The interface reminds me a of Mac computer (can't be sure what it was but it wasn't Windows). It was very old but helped me learn to touch type.

We got our first proper computer in 2001 with the Internet. Can't remember the specifications but we had it until 2004 when the monitor died and it was pretty outdated. Then we got our current desktop in February 2004. I got my first laptop for Christmas 2005 and then my current laptop (my main computer, my parents use the desktop) end of September 2008.

I kind of want a macbook and I can't wait until the Desktop dies so I can convince Mum to buy a netbook and stop stealing my desk.
omg!!!!!!!!!

I remember jetpack!! I LOVED THAT GAME!!
We had sooo many 7" lfopy disk games.zomg. tHose were the days!!!!!!! >_<

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
My own personal computer that was soley for my own use was a Pentium II 350. I ran it on Windows 98 from memory (because it was awesome). It was an ex-olympic computer which I got either shortly before or shortly after starting highschool. As I am now and was back then a gamer it was a little annoying given the harddrive was only 4GB. I remember playing the diablo 2 demo a lot because once I installed the full game I didn't have much space left.

I believe Dad bought a 20GB to solve that problem soon after I started complaining.

Before that we had Dad's old computers. I remember a lot of time was spent growing up playing the Amiga. Fair few network games (co-op) with a 486 and Pentium 133 of Duke Nuken 3D.

/closes tab after having open for days and not replying.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I remember I was about 3 or 4 years old (around 1994) and we had an old old computer with a black screen, with orange and green text. Sup notepad and basic games!
We also had some old tiny Black and White screen Macs!

Then in about '96 we got Windows 95 and it was very expensive.

HSC
Uni Grad
Skyroads ftw also:
Jetpack
Rise of the Triad
Jazz Jackrabbit
Hocus Pocus
One Must Fall
Terminal Velocity
Kens Labyrinth
Mystic Towers
Emerald Hunt
God of Thunder
Zone66
Raptor
and a few more I can't think of right now

HSC
Uni Grad
my dad built my first one

was top of the line back in 1997

Intel Pentium II 266
64 MB RAM
10 GB HDD

was $3000 iirc

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
First computer was windows 95 and had pokemon yellow and pj sam on it.

fuck yeah

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Macintosh SE

Processor: 8 MHz
RAM: 1 MB
Hard Drive: 20 MB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)