What would be the most appropriate thing to eat before/after a workout at uni? (1 Viewer)

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
what the title says.

Just so you know, I'm at USYD and if you go to USYD, you would know that everything around here is pretty much junk food

So the question is what would you guys recommend I should do to get the best out of my workout without having to eat anything which reverses everything I just did at the gym?

megaforcetkd

HSC
On workout days I usually down a kebab plate... Or if I'm stuffed for time I just pick up turkish saussage and run home, make some cous cous, and run to the gym.

Post w/o I usually stick with my shake, and aroun 45 mins later I'll down a small meal.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
depends on what kind of workout.

if its a weights training muscle building workout, then something with meat. A kebab/kebab plate sounds good.

If its a cardio work out and u wanna shed some fat, then salads/sandwiches/salad sandwiches are the way to go.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i would carefully see the nutrition label about the carbs.

i just wouldnt drink beer after a workout.
beer is a type of carbs that readily turns into fat.
sorry chopper.

Tim035

HSC
i would carefully see the nutrition label about the carbs.

i just wouldnt drink beer after a workout.
beer is a type of carbs that readily turns into fat.
sorry chopper.
But the unibar is so conveniently located right next to the gym! Actually, the pasta bake they make their is dam good, and I'm struggling to gain weight atm, so I'll eat all the carbs I care to!

Usually before for me its a small meal, mainly carbs, bit of glucose and plenty of water. Then as soon as I can stomach it after, a protein shake (500ml milk, 30g WPI, banana, 2 egg whites)

quik.

HSC
Man if you're a beginner and having trouble putting on weight you don't need to overthink shit

Go on the see food diet

You see it, you eat it

P simple, k

inhinyero

HSC
What about if I have a slender type of body and wants to work out and have a muscle fit body, what are the foods I should eat more? more carbs? any advice?

Oliver04

HSC
what the title says.

Just so you know, I'm at USYD and if you go to USYD, you would know that everything around here is pretty much junk food

So the question is what would you guys recommend I should do to get the best out of my workout without having to eat anything which reverses everything I just did at the gym?
Protein is the best. Try to get around 50-100g.

Also remember that fat and carbs are largely used in the same way and their source doesn't really matter, so go to maccas or something.

Me: 1L milk + scoop of whey.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
What about if I have a slender type of body and wants to work out and have a muscle fit body, what are the foods I should eat more? more carbs? any advice?
If you are naturally slender, eating anything (including fat, just don't go overboard) will make you gain good weight when taken with quality protein.

For me personally, carbs assist more with weight gain than fatty foods.

Things like:

- Quality Breads
- Porridge: Oatmeal
- Eggs
- Pasta

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Man if you're a beginner and having trouble putting on weight you don't need to overthink shit

Go on the see food diet

You see it, you eat it

P simple, k
Mmmm seAfood diet..lol

well yeah to the OP if you want to put on weight i suggest you do eat food taking into consideration the nutritional value of the food itself too.

megaforcetkd

HSC
TBH shakes containing WPI should be consumed within 30 mins post workout, as whey is a fast absorbing protein, and post w/o is when you need this.

Throughout the day + before bed consider casein, as it is a slower absorbing protein and spread consumption of for example, ON 100% Casein, helps release a stready stream of BCAA's throughout the day.

If you are just starting out, I'm going to be completely honest and say eat whatever the hell you see, because you will make great gains while shedding a bit of fat, assuming you're training remotely effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)