• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you like to see on BOS 2005? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
I would hate to deter from the extremely humourous previous posts in this thread but id like to see a better layout for the university forums. I frequently find myself losing threads and having to search for them using my own previous posts list. The breaking down of the separate unis into faculties becomes quite confusing and many people (including myself) just post in the general part of the individual uni forum in an attempt to get more replies. The current system in my opinion is to specific and complex and i believe a more general, broad-based uni forum may perhaps prove beneficial.

Cheers.
Once you get into uni the forums will seem really familiar to you then.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
at the top where it says "welcome, iambored' i want to be able to click on iambored and see my profile so i can search recent posts without having togo through the search engine

don't know if i have said this but after you're logged on for a while it makes it like you have read all the posts.

the bolded threads are the ones you have not read since your last visit. i think it would be better if they were the ones you have not read at all. so everytime you log off you don't have to worry that there are some threads you want to read but they won't be bolded the next time you come back.

Last edited:

[trent]

HSC
Hi,
Would it be possible to get the BoS menu bar to appear at the top of the forums, or at least somehow link the BoS community page back to the home page? I know this sounds nit-picky but it really annoys me that when you're at the forums that you have to re-type 'boredofstudies.org' in the address bar if you want to go back to look at resources or something.

sladehk

le random
HSC
it's always these small things that we don't always see

sladehk

le random
HSC
a more complex rep viewing system, eh? Maybe also how much you got repped for (how much points you got from that person/rep)

sunny

meh.
HSC
sladehk said:
a more complex rep viewing system, eh? Maybe also how much you got repped for (how much points you got from that person/rep)
I think the simpler the better. Some people take it waaay too seriously already.

HSC
sunny i completely agree with u mate

people take this internet forum way to seriously

i would like to see less intrusion of moderators in polls --------- ie by giving 1500 votes instead of the 1 that everyone else gets, its an abuse of power and provocative

sunny

meh.
HSC
guess whos back said:
i would like to see less intrusion of moderators in polls --------- ie by giving 1500 votes instead of the 1 that everyone else gets, its an abuse of power and provocative
Such a power doesn't actually exist. You can contact the administrators for confirmation if you don't believe it.

edit: I should add that something like this is the not the first time either. It has happened in the past with people who make polls in NS about whether they should leave, be made moderator...etc, yada, et al. Then when the poll goes against them in NS, they scream foul play. One poll was deleted by its creator when the vote was just 7-18. Personally I'm finding such ideas and complaints to be getting really old.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Id like to see a lot less members complain when they break the rules. The rules and enforcements around here are quite loose compared to other places im at, and it gets quite annoying when people know that they are pushing the envelope, then complain when they are censored.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
When u search the FAQ for "Reputation" nothing comes up, maybe that could be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)