• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you like to see on BOS 2006? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
politik said:
I'd like a feature of being able to view which of your posts have been quoted (and hence replied to).
This sort of search would be too intensive.

However, you can now access your own posts more easily via the new "My Posts" link on your navbar.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Just a quick question - are the new "required fields" in the profile actually required by law or anything? I'm guessing that would be why the postcode is needed, but the Interest field puzzles me completely.

I_F

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
insert-username said:
Just a quick question - are the new "required fields" in the profile actually required by law or anything? I'm guessing that would be why the postcode is needed, but the Interest field puzzles me completely.

I_F
Yeah, that probably shouldn't be a required field.

Also, the links look especially messy in "interests". Most of the time when you click one interest, either everyone has it or nobody has it. I clicked on "rain" in my profile and got a couple hundred members. I don't see how it serves a purpose - "Hey, so I saw from your profile that you like rain too? Wanna chat?"

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to search several fields at once? e.g I want to find a member that's a tutor that lives in Sydney.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Riviet said:
Is it possible to search several fields at once? e.g I want to find a member that's a tutor that lives in Sydney.
yes it is, just hold the control button while selecting multiple fields

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
some people do return after a year or two though.
I'm still with Alby on getting rid of old accounts for the convenience of the regulars. Old BoSers can just make a new ID if they decide to come back.

(Serves them right for leaving ... )

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
I'm still with Alby on getting rid of old accounts for the convenience of the regulars. Old BoSers can just make a new ID if they decide to come back.

Perhaps rather than delete them, make them 'dormant'? ie their posts would still be there, but their profile details would be inaccesible until they logged back in to the forum(rather than SAM or anything else) + they'd dissapear from the member's list. It effectively gets rid of the old account but allows a re-activation if a member wants to come back.

Don't know if its feasible/worth the effort though.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think a "reactivating your account" system should be implemented as well for those that haven't used bos in a long while.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I don't see much point in deleting/making dormant user accounts. They and their posts are all part of the history of the site, and people who sign up for accounts and then leave shouldn't lose their account simply for convenience's sake. Besides, I don't actually think it's possible to make accounts dormant based on idle time - admins would have to manually delete them, which would be time-consuming and irritating.

I_F

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
kami said:
Perhaps rather than delete them, make them 'dormant'? ie their posts would still be there, but their profile details would be inaccesible until they logged back in to the forum(rather than SAM or anything else) + they'd dissapear from the member's list. It effectively gets rid of the old account but allows a re-activation if a member wants to come back.

Don't know if its feasible/worth the effort though.
dormant/reactivation would be a good idea if it's not too hard to do, espically for those who havent/rarely post(ed).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
dan_ster said:
How about some prelim notes?
There are prelim notes on the resources page.:)
For mathematics its mixed in due to the nature of the course, and for the others it is placed under the general subsection of the subject. If there aren't notes for a particular prelim subject/module it simply means no one has submitted anything as of yet.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
insert-username said:
I don't see much point in deleting/making dormant user accounts. They and their posts are all part of the history of the site, and people who sign up for accounts and then leave shouldn't lose their account simply for convenience's sake. Besides, I don't actually think it's possible to make accounts dormant based on idle time - admins would have to manually delete them, which would be time-consuming and irritating.
I believe it is possible to set it so that it would be done automatically. At least it was the last time i used a vBulletin adminCP. But as people have said previously, its probally unnessesary. Especially considering the nature of this forum, where people regulary idle for long periods of time and visit every now and then. There probally isnt really a significant benefit in deleting dormant accounts.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
dan_ster said:
How about some prelim notes?
We will soon be opening sections dedicated to the Preliminary HSC and Yr 10 School Certificate. :)

HSC
Lazarus said:
We will soon be opening sections dedicated to the Preliminary HSC and Yr 10 School Certificate. :)
That's excellent news! I notice that you posted at 4:44, that's novel! At that exact time I was looking at my mobile and pondering how remarkable it was that I'd chosen that exact moment to check the time.

PS: Go to bed Jessica! :)

andoru

HSC
Yea agree a Janpanese resource page will help me alot! but i want beginner!!

aaaman

Banned
HSC
umm something like Graduation from uni thing yr instead of just hsc yr of 2005,

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

If this was done I think the more well known members accounts should be kept longer than other members who made a couple of posts and left.

Mongke

HSC
how about a sandbox forum? might be already in existance but i havent spoted it.
sandbox = post absolutely anything your heart desires that isnt covered by the other forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)