What would you like to see on BOS 2006? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Mongke said:
how about a sandbox forum? might be already in existance but i havent spoted it.
sandbox = post absolutely anything your heart desires that isnt covered by the other forums
you mean Non-School :p

alby

cool duckie
HSC
iambored said:
If this was done I think the more well known members accounts should be kept longer than other members who made a couple of posts and left.
this' just an example, but something along the lines of:
- deleting members with <200 posts who've been inactive for 1 yr
- deleting members with <500 posts who've been inactive for 1.5-2yrs
and then for the members who've posted heaps and then left, it'd probably be easier to do them manually (since there's not too many of them)

P

pLuvia

DaveRowe1 said:
more notes on the subjects i actually do
That's not what BoS deals with, it's if people are willing to donate notes to the forum for the public to use.

Also just make your own notes

a8o

HSC
alby said:
this' just an example, but something along the lines of:
- deleting members with <200 posts who've been inactive for 1 yr
- deleting members with <500 posts who've been inactive for 1.5-2yrs
and then for the members who've posted heaps and then left, it'd probably be easier to do them manually (since there's not too many of them)
Hear hear.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
politik said:
deleting member's accounts may delete the information they provided to the fourms, which may be valuable.
That is an excellent point made, and definitely the reason why we should not delete any accounts at all.
Also for the dormant/reactivation thing, maybe they could have something like "dormant" or "inactive" where their status would go so other members are aware of it.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Riviet said:
That is an excellent point made, and definitely the reason why we should not delete any accounts at all.
Also for the dormant/reactivation thing, maybe they could have something like "dormant" or "inactive" where their status would go so other members are aware of it.
The main problem is these dormant users popping up when we're trying to search for someone in the members list. Changing their user status isn't going to help much becase in member lists, in their profiles and their posts, we can see the time of their last visits.

Maybe there could be two categories in the members list. "Recent Members" - those who have visited during the past year, and "Dormant Members" - those who haven't logged on for more than a year.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
To do a search in the member's list isn't too bad unless you're looking for someone with "baby" or something generic in their name.

Remember, you can do a quick search in the usernames by clicking the upper right hand corner entitled "Search Members"

alby

cool duckie
HSC
politik said:
I would suggest users who have not posted in more than 200 days would be a start.
but some people move away for uni or travel, and therefore cant/dont access bos for 6mths or a year (or a bit more). maybe these people could send a quick email to laz or someone on the admin team, so that they dont make their account dormant whilst they're away.
Riviet said:
maybe changing the colour of their username to grey or something aswell, since most people can change their cs to whatever they like
Dreamerish*~ said:
Maybe there could be two categories in the members list. "Recent Members" - those who have visited during the past year, and "Dormant Members" - those who haven't logged on for more than a year.
and having a checkbox underneath the 'seach members' area, so you could select what (recent and/or dormant) members list(s) you want to search

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Minor suggestions:

In the tertiary general subforums, maybe rename the Arts and Humanities one to Arts, Humanities and Education so that the education students have their own spot without going to the trouble of making a new one since its sorta related. Also, maybe change Medicine into Medicine and Allied Health Sciences so that there is a place for Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Psychology, Nursing, Chiropracty and Med Science students.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i didnt say anything bad about the idea, i'm all for it. its just that some of the more well known members are often forced to leave bos for a period of more than 6 months, and people who want to search for a member who has done so may not be able to find them in a search if they were on the dormant list

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
well, whenever i post a reply to something i am always finding myself uneasy, and now t has hit me: the user interface is literally the worst i have seen! unless you frequent other forums, or have a wee bit of knowledge, you wont have the slightest clue how to actually do stuff to your posts, such as make stuff bigger or striking through words when you make a mistake.

as you can see, my knowledge of other forum controls didnt help in 50% of my situations :D ;) ^_^

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
well, something is wrong, cos on my box it is totally empty, not bold button, no resize button, nothing.

hang on, ill go check my CP

hehe, i guess i had removed it from the user CP, or it is disabled by default, cos i dont rememebr doing it.

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
ummm this is probably a very naive question but...

where did the smilies buttons go? i realise that i have to manually do them e.g. :) :D :p

but i guess isnt it more convenient to have the similes buttons next to the "reply to thread" box?

or was there the issue of abuse of spam posts filled with smilies?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
?

There's a box when you click on Post Reply....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)