What you hate about UNSW (1 Viewer)

FeelBare

HSC
Will we ever have our fourteen week semesters back once they see how much stuff is left out of the syllabus in order to accomodate for the many breaks in the semester like all the public holidays?

hero.

HSC
N/A
They cut off a lot of the gen ed subjects I wanted to do this year.

anna12125

HSC
At least it sounds much better than Macquarie University because honestly, there's not student life and what's supposed to be a quadrangle isn't one or at least doesn't look the teensy weensiest bit like one.

ace

is retired
HSC
- FCE admin people. There inability to read is amazing. Sigh.
- The stairs, too many stairs.
- Lecturers who seem to have a stick up there ass (i.e. ego)

Beege

HSC
What was with those rally promoters at the eddy avenue bus stops this morning. I'd go for the BBQ but not the rally.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Beege said:
What was with those rally promoters at the eddy avenue bus stops this morning. I'd go for the BBQ but not the rally.
Youve FALLEN FOR THEIR TRICKS. THEYVE BRAINWASHED YOU with their BBQ's.
The Revolution has begun :)

lisarh

HSC
all this stuff abt uni makes me not look forward to uni at all
not like the work isnt enough pain, the stairs? LOL

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
I'm thinking whether to do my LL.M in UNSW or in USYD. Both are crap compared to uni in Europe, but i want to get LL.M done as quickly as possible.

LL.M (Master in Law)

Meanwhile, in Universiteit van Amsterdam, i only go to uni twice a week now. My European Union Law only runs half a semester which means that the 2nd half are for major thesis/essay. So within those two days i have in uni, i can start planning for 2-day trips around Europe. I am already planning to go to Belgium and Germany for parties.

Last edited:

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Miliux said:
I'm thinking whether to do my LL.M in UNSW or in USYD. Both are crap compared to uni in Europe, but i want to get LL.M done as quickly as possible.

LL.M (Master in Law)

Meanwhile, in Universiteit van Amsterdam, i only go to uni twice a week now. My European Union Law only runs half a semester which means that the 2nd half are for major thesis/essay. So within those two days i have in uni, i can start planning for 2-day trips around Europe. I am already planning to go to Belgium and Germany for parties.
FAAAAAAACINATING

duliel

Closet nerd
HSC
My main issues with transport I guess.

How about:

-- How hard it is to find a parking spot
-- The fact that busses going to UNSW only leave from central and no nearby stations
-- After a certain time, there are no busses going on High St from Central
-- How far the uni is from anything
-- Often terrible microphones in lectures where you can't hear shit
-- the busses to Central from upper campus (High st) are non-existant unless its after 3pm or so

I'm just so sick of having to walk all the way from upper campus to lower campus for a bus to central because they can't provide enough busses from high st to the city!

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Miliux said:

LL.M (Master in Law)

Random?!?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
duliel said:
My main issues with transport I guess.

How about:

-- How hard it is to find a parking spot
-- The fact that busses going to UNSW only leave from central and no nearby stations
-- After a certain time, there are no busses going on High St from Central
-- How far the uni is from anything
-- Often terrible microphones in lectures where you can't hear shit
-- the busses to Central from upper campus (High st) are non-existant unless its after 3pm or so

I'm just so sick of having to walk all the way from upper campus to lower campus for a bus to central because they can't provide enough busses from high st to the city!
Where do people get the idea that the express buses are the only buses to UNSW? The normal buses come just as often, take maybe 3 mins longer and are potentially 10x more reliable.

EDIT: If you're at upper campus take the 3 min walk to Randwick and get a 37x bus to the city if there are no express buses yet.

Last edited:

Mumma

HSC
Ah 3 minutes longer my ass. More like 10 min longer... They take a longer route, plus they stop to pick up passengers way too frequently.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Mumma said:
Ah 3 minutes longer my ass. More like 10 min longer... They take a longer route, plus they stop to pick up passengers way too frequently.
Yeah but at least your guranteed a seat. (Most of the time :))

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Who are you trying to kid me here? I have been to UNSW long enough to know about the state of UNSW. And you want me to discuss something mentioned in this thread? About Asians, how bloody long the stairs are or how cheap university is in over-enrolling students in a lecture hall?

Take a good look by going on exchange. I also did a conference in Oxford university as well and European uni are in a far better condition compared to UNSW. 30 students are maximum enrolement per class, not 500 and we have instructors as tutors who are competant, not some cheap as master student who just got hired so he can pay off his uni fee.

The fact that LL.M is 16,000 dollars even with government subsidy. I can get better recognised masters which is just a quarter of that fee and far better education with lower student/teacher ratio.

UNSW has gotten worse and worse every year. Classes cancelled, and they build larger lecture halls to fit more students in per instructor. It's a corporatised entity to lure students in then make it as cost-effective as possible without improving the quality of tertiary education.

Why do i want to part of that rat-race in followed this institution who thinks that the degree printing press is more important than what is taught beyond a textbook?

There, that's what i 'hate about UNSW'.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)