What you hate about UNSW (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
ilessthan3u said:
eugh having tutors who can't speak eloquent english makes it very difficult to learn, especially concerning QMA. as friggen hard as it already is, i cant bloody understand a word my tutor says.

oh and the excessive numbers of international students taking the places of what would be local students..
Who is your tutor for QMA?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
ilessthan3u said:
eugh having tutors who can't speak eloquent english makes it very difficult to learn
My brothers told me that the Lecturers would be crap and Tutorers would be awesome.

My Lectures are pretty interesting and enjoyable. and my Tutors cant put 2 sentences of English together.

Pace_T

HSC
alan, ur right about the internationals not taking up the csp positions, but unsw is fucking scum in the first place for having such a small number of csp positions available and the rest for international students. like wikiwiki said, group discussions fucking suck, a lot of people in my classes cant even speak english. boo

Beege

HSC
The best lecture I have is new media technologies. It is both interesting and entertaining.

barling89

McLovin it :D
HSC
can there be a rally against such large numbers of international students? I've got nothing against them - provided their size can be restricted somehow.
Oh and the strength of asian culture at unsw is reinforced by the fact that they're gona build a chinese restaurant which serves yum-cha :karate:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
The lack of powerpoints in the unibar. I'm sitting in here now and my laptop battery is running out :(

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
guys go to MQ uni it has an epic staff-student ratio. not 1000 asians per lecturer. it also has a high percentage of NON-asian hektik international students living in the cottages near the campus. if they had decent engmoneering, iD be there so FAST.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
barling89 said:
can there be a rally against such large numbers of international students? I've got nothing against them - provided their size can be restricted somehow.
Oh and the strength of asian culture at unsw is reinforced by the fact that they're gona build a chinese restaurant which serves yum-cha :karate:
I like yum-cha ^^

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Yum-cha on campus would just be weird.... unless it's at the Moon Festival.

Chris.

HSC
barling89 said:
where did u hear about this? and where would it be anyway? in the old badabagan? lol

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Omium said:
My brothers told me that the Lecturers would be crap and Tutorers would be awesome.

My Lectures are pretty interesting and enjoyable. and my Tutors cant put 2 sentences of English together.
yes, i am only too familiar with this scenario. i've had lecturers and tutors who, i am sure they knew their stuff, but in all of their wisdoms failed to string something audible. shouldn't we have subtitles for these guys?

barling89

McLovin it :D
HSC
Chris. said:
where did u hear about this? and where would it be anyway? in the old badabagan? lol
yeah!! how'd u know?! - actually...kinda obvious cause it's the only place being done up. I heard 'rumors' from some o-week ppl.
UNSW will be the first uni in sydney to have its own yum-cha :D

FeelBare

HSC
Holy shit, why are they building a yum cha when they could be splitting lecture groups by halves or thirds (am I asking for too much?)? But alas, I suppose maintaining the steady influx of 'har gao' is much easier.

beentherdunthat

HSC
I haven't tried any asian food yet. PLZ recommend. Shall try.

BTW. NoTHING TOO SPICY or TOO ChillY!!!!

Thought Shark

HSC
Weak. There's the best thai restaurant in NSW at the spot in Coogee. Go there to start.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Ive never eaten asian food.
But i like rice, Thats pretty asian though.
Any nice stuff you guys recommend

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
The Spot is pretty much amazing, so many good restaurants. And an ice cream shop :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)