What you will miss about high school (1 Viewer)

HSC
1. - Friends.

2. All teachers, particularly...My History teacher. AWESOME. Immitated Borat perfectly, and linked everything to wog jokes.

3. My english teacher. Who destroyed the possibility for me enjoying any movie post advanced english,.."Hm... this angle intensifies"...

4. My Legal studies teacher. Which led every class discussion to the corruption of the American government, and the conspiracy againts the Middle East. Gotta love her!

5. Sitting in "our spot" , which has been our spot since the 9th grade. Laughing about anything random.

6. Bludging in the common room, after "OK, GUYS, SERIOUS.. WE ARE STUDYING TODAY".

7. Scarring the year 7's.

8. Having talks during , like "wide reading" back in year 10... at the back of the library, which served as the base where we hid behind the shelves from the librarian. Topics included, Supernatural experiences, The Freemasons, George Bush, and much other rubish. Then hearing, a teacher. grabbing the a random book. MM... yes, I was reading..*pause*.. Australian History>?

8.- Handing in my assesments, in the last, last second, and walking away with mates, laughing and saying.."NEXT TIME, I AM SOO GONNA BE ORGANISED". Never happened.

10.- The support. Knowing somebody always had your back.

=)

HSC
Oh... and the lying on the grass, on those really, really hot days, usually singing some old rock song, or... something like..

"GIVE IT TO ME BABY... AH-HAH-AH-HA... AND ALL THE GIRLIES SAY IM PRETTY FLY..."

and the year 7's... staring.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
- Being in the Senior Study during the seriously hot/cold days with perfect heating and air conditioning while younger students sweated/froze outside

- Using the kitchen in the Senior Study to make 2-minute-noodles and Easy Mac, plus toasting every sandwich we had (no matter what was in it)

- Enjoying how Year 7s think you're Gods for being older

- Most of the teachers, allowing us to bum in class and eat whenever we wanted

- Free periods doing bumfuck all

- Saying, "Ok, seriously I'm going to study today" in frees but end up playing cards and talking about random shit

- Playing Uno in the library in the early days of free periods

- Talking about nothing in class and especially in the library then grabbing the nearest book or concealing a magazine behind the nearest book when a teacher approaches. Grabbed some pretty irrelevant books without noticing then got a raised eyebrow from the teacher, on more than one occasion

- Making all simple Biology experiements dangerious, especially if matches or chemicals were involved

- Being late to Economics every single time

- Having the canteen ladies know exactly the food/drinks we like and offering them before we said anything, as they know us so well

- Ditching assembly to go down the street for food

- Leaving free periods to go down the street for food

- Laying on the grass in the sun just relaxing in summer

- Cutting laps around the Quad for old times sake

- Buying as many Paddlepops from the Canteen during summer with friends, every lunchtime, in hope to win prizes from the Paddlepop competitions on the sticks. Even buying boxes of Paddlepops from down the street and consuming at least 3 icecreams each at lunchtime

- Free orange juice and muesli bars/yogurt in the breakfast program, and taking more than the allowance each morning

- Seeing friends

- Mocking the Principal because he's weird as all fuck, then even laughing with the teachers about his sayings and actions.

- My roll-call buddies
CrownerOf.Kings said:
My english teacher. Who destroyed the possibility for me enjoying any movie post advanced english,.."Hm... this angle intensifies"...

Last edited:

kriss3e

HSC
- the endless discussion on Sex & the City in Economics, among with the many lessons wasted watching the Day After Tomorrow

- Showing up to school, and getting a "why did you bother coming" from the teachers

- the half an hour school days

- the thrill of being caught "jigging"

- the endless pranks pulled in science classes, and the disastrous pracs

- Constantly finding people thrown in the bush in the playground

- Making our own time to attend classes

- My homeroom teacher guarding the light switch everyday in an attempt to
stop people from flicking them on and off

- Being dismissed because only 7 students decided to show up for school

- Turning "animal-like" in the playground, only to have the nun come out after us all

I could go on forever...

chamelia

HSC
1. Seeing my friends everyday and spending at least and hour with them during recess and lunch.
2. Uniforms. Not having to think about what outfit to wear each weekday.
3. The very small amount of homework.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
- history extension on wednesday arvos, talking about the meaning of life, the corruption of the school system and capitalism and other random systems, gossiping about teachers/other students, political debates, discussing how dr seuss books are an analogy for british imperialism...ah man im gonna miss that class :(
- english. best teacher, best class, funniest times.
- maths. though mainly coz our class was basically the same for 3 years so there was just a nice sense of security and belonging.
- free periods. gossiping in the quads, laying in the sun, ditching for hot chocolates or food or whatever.
- seeing my friends everyday!!!!
- senior study. toasting sandwiches, making noodles, somewhere that juniors weren't allowed!
- senior toilets and deathstaring everytime one of the juniors dared to use our mirror.
- excursions! buddhist temple, malaysia, random days off to macq uni for history.
- the power over juniors, and wearing our awesome year 12 jackets and just truly feeling that we ruled the school :)
- muck-up day! blasting pokemon over the PA and building the best box fort you've ever seen! (yeh we were kinda tame but it was good fun)
- swiping on late basically everyday and no-one really caring.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
-- muck-up day! blasting pokemon over the PA
oh, so you liked my bit of skullduggery?? Best contribution I made to that year - had to plan early though, needed Chris' key, and nabbed Isaac's music disc. Couldn't have done it without them asch. haha, awesome!!

knowingnothing said:
Studying.
Good sir, you offend me on nearly every level :p lol

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
random but i miss year 10 science... me and my friend mucked up so much... it was great

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
some teachers who were awesome and nice...in my school

stillwaters

HSC
*the teachers... the weird things they come out with, especially in english where our teacher interspersed traumatic stories about his teenage life and childhood with bladerunner and physical journeys :p also, just how you get to know the teachers over the course of two years until you know all their little quirks :p the enthusiasm of my modern history teacher e.g. "let's get textual" and "i'll make the cold war hot" (ye gads !) , awesome ancient history teacher who let us do mind maps about Aggie being a trollop and incestuous, visual arts teacher who stressed even more about our bow then we did ourselves
*random discussions we had in english extension one (also great teacher... somehow we were all ready for the exams despite not seeming to actually do much apart from discussing hair care, wombat rape?? and bitch about year sevens)
*maths classes- group of guys who would randomly erupt into singing bohemian rhapsody while we were doing exercises
*our deputy principle who appears whereever there is cake (also rumour that he appears if you say his name three times), can moonwalk and gives a crap about us ^^ also awesome year advisor who similarly actually gave a crap about us... really sad on grad night where he was on verge of tears :(
*bad puns that slipped out which make people clasp there heads with shame :p- year nine science "geology rocks"... "i'm thinking of wearing a vest to the formal... i think it's a good investment"
*senior privileges- signing out to go to aldis... the fact we had an aldis and a mcdonals and red rooster opposite our school... ability to make any lesson a party by bringing food from aldi... also our own canteen lines and just teachers treating us like adults :)
*frees. good for cramming but also just bludging
*having so many interesting people in one place... so many different people to randomly strike up conversations with which can range from trying to figure out mathematical equations to philosophical stuff like the concept of free will... also in class where discussions could go from english syllabus to the meaning of life
*actually, the stuff we learned... especially 4 unit english... exams etc. not fun but learning stuff ^^
*turning up everyday, the routine, seeing friends, a safe haven or at least self contained bubble with food e.g. canteen, can not worry about 'adult' world e.g. work, etc.

neeksy45

HSC
-never using a 'study' free to study. not once.
-having at least 10 frees a week to bludge in or go home.
-turning up late to every earth lesson-not leaving our seat until we saw the door was open
-having hysterical fits and playing helicopter in earth
-decorating lockers ++ kinder suprises; for the toys of course
-distractions and the random tangents in english & my teachers amazing energy, demonstrating the grand narrative by leaping etc.haha.
-inside jokes in pe, teacher threatening to separate us every lesson
-the friendships and lunchtimes spent 'adventuring'
-my talent at farty hands, and slowly getting all my friends to enjoy and be good at it.
-making fun of 'lord farquad' or principal.
-the peace candle in society
-making fun of my maths teachers obssession with comics
- the general immature behaviour- wait, that will stay :)
-making new friends over the course of the year

pretty much everything bar the actual learning. maybe i will even miss that over time.

JJBearPaw

HSC
- Jigging during first period and getting maccas, then just ditching the whole day to play UNO.

- Scaring the year 7, 8, 9 and 10's (the 11's were used to it)

- Hearing all the gossip about the teachers

- Hearing all the gossip about the other groups

- Being able to slum it in an all girls school

- Using the bus pass to go around the world for free

- Giving advice, and the juniors actually giving a shit.

- Getting to class hella late, and getting away with it.

- Leaving hella early

- Being able to jig and no one questioning anything

- Seeing my friends everyday

- Being part of the house cheering (it was fun!)

- Lying on the grass during hot lunchtimes

- Talking back to the cool teachers, and both getting a laugh out of it

- Making lists!! All we did during class was plan our weekends, and list who was coming and what we were doing.

- Hospitality. *tear*

- Falling asleep in chapel when pretending to pray. bahaha.

- Not having to deal with adult shit <3

BUT:
they shut down the canteen the year we became seniors!!! TOTAL BS

Black Hawker

HSC
stillwaters said:
*the teachers... the weird things they come out with, especially in english where our teacher interspersed traumatic stories about his teenage life and childhood with bladerunner and physical journeys :p also, just how you get to know the teachers over the course of two years until you know all their little quirks :p the enthusiasm of my modern history teacher e.g. "let's get textual" and "i'll make the cold war hot" (ye gads !) , awesome ancient history teacher who let us do mind maps about Aggie being a trollop and incestuous, visual arts teacher who stressed even more about our bow then we did ourselves
*random discussions we had in english extension one (also great teacher... somehow we were all ready for the exams despite not seeming to actually do much apart from discussing hair care, wombat rape?? and bitch about year sevens)
*maths classes- group of guys who would randomly erupt into singing bohemian rhapsody while we were doing exercises
*our deputy principle who appears whereever there is cake (also rumour that he appears if you say his name three times), can moonwalk and gives a crap about us ^^ also awesome year advisor who similarly actually gave a crap about us... really sad on grad night where he was on verge of tears :(
*bad puns that slipped out which make people clasp there heads with shame :p- year nine science "geology rocks"... "i'm thinking of wearing a vest to the formal... i think it's a good investment"
*senior privileges- signing out to go to aldis... the fact we had an aldis and a mcdonals and red rooster opposite our school... ability to make any lesson a party by bringing food from aldi... also our own canteen lines and just teachers treating us like adults :)
*frees. good for cramming but also just bludging
*having so many interesting people in one place... so many different people to randomly strike up conversations with which can range from trying to figure out mathematical equations to philosophical stuff like the concept of free will... also in class where discussions could go from english syllabus to the meaning of life
*actually, the stuff we learned... especially 4 unit english... exams etc. not fun but learning stuff ^^
*turning up everyday, the routine, seeing friends, a safe haven or at least self contained bubble with food e.g. canteen, can not worry about 'adult' world e.g. work, etc.
* Ah, the wonderful and random life of Howie. Quite an interesting tale of his teenage years.
* Extension English - lol. Teacher and students talking about how small the head English teacher's hand is, while that specific person was right next door in the staffroom.
* I asked him today, and according to him, he can't eat chocolates because he has a cholesterol problem. Oh, and his vampire like state with his ability to seemingly glide across the floor. Our year adviser is the best...the coolest. :)
* Ah, the puns. The social science teachers are the worse. This is a "taxing topic". And what's worse is a friend making even worse puns...aka Wiggles. :p
* Still yet to go to Aldi. :( Yeah I remember the times when we would go out during maths across the road to Maccas and bring back french fries to enjoy in class...hmm.
* Yeah, one of the best. The wide variety of people from all backgrounds with different experiences.

~Natalie:)~

HSC
Seeing friends everyday
Some teachers
Bumming around during bereaks/frees
Possibly everything BUT all the assessments, exams etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)