Whatcha think about physics? (1 Viewer)

smik11

HSC
i hate it so much
my teacher is so baddd

in the test that we did, there was a question asked about wat safetly precautions need to be considered when doing some experiment
and the answer was make sure noone around has epilepsy :S

and another question asked if there was anything wrong with the apparatus when doing the experiment, and if you wrote no they marked you wrong :S

i'm dropping it next year for sure

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
physics was on the same line as biology adn i chose bio, can't say i regret it since i don't know if i would do better in it than in bio

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
physics was on the same line as biology adn i chose bio, can't say i regret it since i don't know if i would do better in it than in bio
I do both, and I can definately say I enjoy Physics more, but that could just be me.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

haha, the same with me! :D except bio was on a diff line, and i wanted phys to replace bio, but couldn't do it, so stuck with bio.

HSC
Uni Grad
alot of the science teachers wanted to be research scientists, not teachers.

alot of the physics teachers disagree with the course, it should be about problem solving, which is what physics is, not about understanding the social implications of the manhattan project, that kind of thing belongs in Society and culture or legal studies, not physics
Hmm I have to agree with the physics teachers, apparently I believe the course is terrible too. Stuff such as society's impact shouldn't be relevant unless if they're doing senior science or something...
Or maybe they should put the impact of science on the society and culture syllabus instead....

x3mattyboii

HSC
D: it's horrible. But I'm coming 4th out of 16. It's interesting, but somewhat difficult.
physics isnt that bad its understandable its just probably the teacher and the class you have hahahaha
im the only one doing physics in my school with a teacher so its like a private tutor :D LOL!! soo im coming 1st out of 1st :)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
physics isnt that bad its understandable its just probably the teacher and the class you have hahahaha
im the only one doing physics in my school with a teacher so its like a private tutor :D LOL!! soo im coming 1st out of 1st :)
While I think that would be pretty awesome, you definately need to make sure you go well then.

HSC
Uni Grad
DUDE that would be the most awesome thing that would ever happen to me....
I swear I'm like doing shit without tutoring....
except in the subjects i'm more passionate about, e.g. modern history :L

x3mattyboii

HSC
DUDE that would be the most awesome thing that would ever happen to me....
I swear I'm like doing shit without tutoring....
except in the subjects i'm more passionate about, e.g. modern history :L
hahaha yeahh everybodys telling me that im soo lucky and all that LOL
and i might need some tutoring later on in year 12 because i heard its really hard :S
and history is fail for me (N)
While I think that would be pretty awesome, you definately need to make sure you go well then.
yeah im gonna try my best to get 80+ in all my test/exams :)

HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha yeahh everybodys telling me that im soo lucky and all that LOL
and i might need some tutoring later on in year 12 because i heard its really hard :S
and history is fail for me (N)

yeah im gonna try my best to get 80+ in all my test/exams :)
lol I tried to get above 80 in all my exams, so far only two of them have been met :L
2U maths and music 2 xD

yeah i heard physics gets harder.... not sure if it'd going to be more interesting for me...

pman

Banned
HSC
Physics is science, science is knowledge, yo.
when your doing a physics degree, you can tell me what physics is, for now, I'm telling you HSC physics is not physics, physics is about understanding concepts and being able to solve problems using them, if you understand them, you can solve the problems, if you only know what they say, not what they mean, your screwed.......HSC physics is about ethics and reciting bits of learned crap that will not benifit you in future years....and understanding of how to solve problems will help

I know i sound like a stuck record but what i'm saying is fact

tl;dr: physics is about understanding, not knowledge

Last edited:

x3mattyboii

HSC
when your doing a physics degree, you can tell me what physics is, for now, I'm telling you HSC physics is not physics, physics is about understanding concepts and being able to solve problems using them, if you understand them, you can solve the problems, if you only know what they say, not what they mean, your screwed.......HSC physics is about ethics and reciting bits of learned crap that will not benifit you in future years....and understanding of how to solve problems will help

I know i sound like a stuck record but what i'm saying is fact

tl;dr: physics is about understanding, not knowledge
eww i hated music soo badly :(

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
Physics is alright , i'v done the first 2 chapters at home and done moving abut just recently thought i found it a bit hard but yeh still going alright.

My teacher is crap in physics ><
so yeah it sucks!
If you want to improve you have to practice your ass off !! :D

zxreth

HSC
Physics is alright , i'v done the first 2 chapters at home and done moving abut just recently thought i found it a bit hard but yeh still going alright.

My teacher is crap in physics ><
so yeah it sucks!
If you want to improve you have to practice your ass off !! :D
yeah my teacher said moving about is the hardest topic, its all caluculations.

pman

Banned
HSC
yeah my teacher said moving about is the hardest topic, its all caluculations.
moving about is the closest topic to real physics...physics is all calculations dude and basic kinametics as covered in moving about are as easy as physics gets.

HSC
Uni Grad
well his okay its just he leaves me most of the time copying of the textbook =="
like in a 40min lesson his only in the classroom like 20mins
i guess he probably wouldn't need to go with you over the stuff through a long period of time since it's just you :L
for him, he has an easy time teaching you xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)