What's A Good Course To Study At Uni????? (1 Viewer)

Gangstar1

HSC
Ehhhhh......Help?

I Dont know what job i want to do in the future. I just pretty much want a job that has decent pay i was thinking along the lines of accountant, psychologist, enginner or a doctor? or anything else. Sighn

Any Suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
What areas are you interested in? Doing a job just for money isn't wise.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Ehhhhh......Help?

I Dont know what job i want to do in the future. I just pretty much want a job that has decent pay i was thinking along the lines of accountant, psychologist, enginner or a doctor? or anything else. Sighn

Any Suggestions?
Thanks!
out of those, an accountant. you're not going to be that good a doctor/psychologist if you're only in it for the pay, and you can't even spell engineer. just saying..

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
be an actuary, good pay, good hours, interesting, the only problem is apparently it has a 50% fail rate in uni, but overall its a good option.

muzeikchun852

HSC
be an actuary, good pay, good hours, interesting, the only problem is apparently it has a 50% fail rate in uni, but overall its a good option.
yeah go actuarial studies.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Ehhhhh......Help?

Any Suggestions?
Thanks!
Going to have to be a bit more specifc... and just saying, there are some students who don't know exactly what job they will do but at least narrow down a particular area of interest and pick a degree suited to the area.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you're not sure what to do at all - do what my Chemistry teacher suggested: do a Bachelor of Science and go from there.

jnney

lemon
HSC
You don't get that much of a good pay in psychology. You get paid heaps in dentistry. Too many people are doing actuarial studies, the demand is going down and so is the pay - or so I've heard. A lot of statistics involved.

Well..to put it simply you shouldn't be doing something just for the money. You're going to find no enjoyment in life. Think about it and don't be rash.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
You don't get that much of a good pay in psychology. You get paid heaps in dentistry. Too many people are doing actuarial studies, the demand is going down and so is the pay - or so I've heard. A lot of statistics involved.

Well..to put it simply you shouldn't be doing something just for the money. You're going to find no enjoyment in life. Think about it and don't be rash.
how can the demand be going down if too many people are doing it, fukin fail

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
The shit thing about Dentistry is that it is mostly offered as a post-graduate course with the exception at CSU or La Throbe (in the middle of no-where).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, those four jobs you listed are totally different. It's random you are just considering them for the money.

As a base questions, what HSC subjects do you? do? What ones do you like? What ones do you do well in? Which ones do you hate? Which ones don't you do well in? What kind of ATAR are you looking at? (70s, 90s?)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, or do business and land a job as CEO of Macquarie Bank :cool2:

Gangstar1

HSC
I was thinking about actuary but i reckon its too maths and i reckon its too stressful, dentistry is good pay but that job is disgusting! lol

Gangstar1

HSC
Yeah, those four jobs you listed are totally different. It's random you are just considering them for the money.

As a base questions, what HSC subjects do you? do? What ones do you like? What ones do you do well in? Which ones do you hate? Which ones don't you do well in? What kind of ATAR are you looking at? (70s, 90s?)
adv eng, eco, maths & ext1, chem, physics and yes i hate them ALL! 90s maybe good for engineering in UNSW

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
well which of your hsc subject are you enjoying? start from there. look for a degree similar to it. ATM i wouldn't look too much at job opportunities as from now till the time you graduate, demand for certain jobs will be different. An e.g. is IT compare the difference from 10 years ago and now.

Gangstar1

HSC
well which of your hsc subject are you enjoying? start from there. look for a degree similar to it. ATM i wouldn't look too much at job opportunities as from now till the time you graduate, demand for certain jobs will be different. An e.g. is IT compare the difference from 10 years ago and now.
To be honest i don't really like to 'work' that's why if i gotta make a living might as well get paid a shit load for it =], Dont like any of the subjects im doing atm only did it for scaling lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)