whats everyone doing for their major works? (1 Viewer)

sleepy12

HSC
im doing marie antoinette.. not sure the specific question yet!

what is everyone else thinking?

Cheap Thrills

HSC
I'm looking at Conrad's representation of African history in Heart of Darkness. I have to hand my proposal in on Thursday, and I still haven't finished reading the damn book. Ah well

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The Bombing of Dresden in 1945 is my topic.

Taskan

HSC
causes of the second Punic war, but i don't have a specific question yet

kinship

HSC
im doing the changing representations of islam by historians in a post 9/11 context, im still trying to zone down the question to make it easier lol

patty4848

HSC
My question is:
Investigate the role of the American 'conspiracy theory' in distorting public opinion in the United States of America during and after the alleged 1947 UFO landing in Roswell, New Mexico.

Thoughts?
Difficult? yes i know...very difficult...

AlyssaMe

HSC
um im not sure of my actual question but im focusing on the elgin marbles and the possesion by the british

cazchik

HSC
I'm doing Joan Of Arc... but it seems really popular. I'm concentrating on if she was sane or not.

Historian

HSC
I'm sorry, please in my opinion, do beg my pardon, Joan of Arc is such a conventional choice. *Sorry* But anyway I'm thinking about doing mine on the American war of Independence, possibly debating whether its conception was actually for liberty or the reactions towards oppressive circumstances, but rather it was a war that began between rival capitalists, especially that of the English East India Co.
Perhaps, assuming you are a feminist supporter, you may consider a comparative study etween two great female leaders of history, eg Catherine the Great/Elizabeth etc.

X

xeuyrawp

Historian said:
I'm sorry, please in my opinion, do beg my pardon, Joan of Arc is such a conventional choice. *Sorry* But anyway I'm thinking about doing mine on the American war of Independence, possibly debating whether its conception was actually for liberty or the reactions towards oppressive circumstances, but rather it was a war that began between rival capitalists, especially that of the English East India Co.
Perhaps, assuming you are a feminist supporter, you may consider a comparative study etween two great female leaders of history, eg Catherine the Great/Elizabeth etc.
If you compare something, at least go way out there and compare someone like Thatcher and Hatshepsut. ;)

studyaholic

HSC
Well my major work is on Queen Elizabeth I with the question being
"Evaluate the factors that contributed to Queen Elizabeth's I attitudes towards her Roman Catholic subjects..."

Zephyrio

HSC
studyaholic said:
Well my major work is on Queen Elizabeth I with the question being
"Evaluate the factors that contributed to Queen Elizabeth's I attitudes towards her Roman Catholic subjects..."
Sticky situation.

Elizabeth I is actually a case study for extension history...

InsanityFreedom

HSC
I'm doing the 'Zodiac' killings in California during the late 60s and the different perceptions of the Zodiac...

P

prole

Cheap Thrills said:
I'm looking at Conrad's representation of African history in Heart of Darkness. I have to hand my proposal in on Thursday, and I still haven't finished reading the damn book. Ah well
that sounds mad

P

prole

cazchik said:
I'm doing Joan Of Arc... but it seems really popular. I'm concentrating on if she was sane or not.
dont worry, im taking the easy way out with Ned Kelly

Allan vB

HSC
My title is "Not to bomb Auschwitz: Fatal Error or Wise Deciion"... I'm investigating the Allies' decision not to bomb Auschwitz durung the war, even they knew that 2000 helpless men, women and children were killed ever half an hour. Their decision is significantly symbolic of the regard for the jews; they wanted little to do with the "jewish problem". I'm really looking forward to starting my project. I handed in the proposal, the teacher says that it wil be marked with the project, so he won't give us a mark. Though, he did make me refine it twice so I think it should be fine...

Any thoughts or suggestion?

stewie08

HSC
The different perspectives as the the nature of the intentions of the drafting and ratification of the US Constitution in 1787. In a nutshell: patriotic views (holy document!) replaced by revisionism (evil rich people wrote it!), but revisionism shown to be unsubstantiated. Replaced with cautious patriotism. (realistic

My concern is as to whether I can find the "major" historians involved in the shaping of ideas over time, since there are many many books on the topic.

Proposal due soon - so if i'm way off track, do tell!

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Cheap Thrills said:
a girl in my class is doing something similar to this.

i'm looking at jewish resistance during the nazi regime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)