What's everyone doing in the holidays for year 12? (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
What's everyone doing in the holidays to prepare for year 12?

tofusenpai

HSC
Revise some things, summarise the syllabus, essay practice,take advantage of the freedom I have, cry and die a little inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

si2136

HSC
N/A
Syllabus for yr 12, 4U, chill with my boiss

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Read prescribed text for AOS discovery, write creatives, do practice short answer response, find related text

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
honestly if I were you guys I'd enjoy the last proper holiday I have before year 12. Relax, 2 weeks wont kill your 99 atar
But english is so time consuming though and we need to revise on our basics before going into HSC

Also we need to self learn ahead of others so then we have more time to spare during the school term

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Relax.

You need to understand that what I just said was someone who actually studied my ass off (especially for Economics since I learnt the first two topics by myself) because I was continuing the momentum from my accelerated course and now I'm at the end of HSC, close to burning out (I actually burnt out during the trials because I was actually in need of a break and took one at the wrong time).

Yes, read your English texts. Yes, practise some Year 11 maths (especially for Extension I) and maybe look into 1 - 2 HSC topics. Yes, do some light readings. Yes, get to know the syllabus.

Heck, if you want to be a little ahead, attend the ATAR Notes HeadStart lectures (AND THAT, should be about as much "ahead" you should really push)

But do not study every day like you're getting ready for your externals before Year 12 even starts. It WILL NOT benefit your motivation in the long-run. You legitimately just finished your Preliminary finals recently, this is YOUR FINAL BREAK - and I know that a lot of top students are now running out of fucks to give for their externals (and some have decided not to even study for some exams anymore because they are tired)

Last edited:

RyanT7

HSC
I'm trying to relax these holidays so i'm only aiming for 15 hours of study a day, 8 hours of sleep and a hour of free time so I don't burn out

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
ok I felt the need to revive this but to all 2017ers what r your plans for the holidays?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
ok I felt the need to revive this but to all 2017ers what r your plans for the holidays?
Notes on modules because our school gives the syllabus dot points as homework so it's gonna save heaps of time.

laloola

HSC
N/A
english holiday task - creative writing based on discovery
read prescribed texts
:santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)