Whats so bad about... (1 Viewer)

Christine

beige member
HSC
yea i got mine the other day

it's the same questions that they had last year....

Ezmay

I live near bathurst so heaps of people from my school end up at CSU, they seem to like it. It's not my sort of thing though, too I dunno.... I am not really a fan of the arts.

Crazy

not really a fan of the arts ezmay??

:rolleyes:

:D bathurst is going to kick arse

most ppl should have their essay quesitions by now, although mine is hardly an essay, very very basic question which is fab :cool:

SaveFerris

I've applied to do Journalism at CSU and got my questionnaire/essays last week...I'm not so concerned about the actual essay questions but it looks like I'm gonna be returning a pretty blank questionnaire...

* "Have you undertaken work experience relevant to the course you wish to study?" Ahh...no...I used to want to do law and so did work experience with the Police Prosecutors and Legal Aid...had a great time but so not relevant...

* "Give the names and positions of any people in the communication industry who could support your application." I could take a chance with writing my parents names and then "editor of Sydney Morning Herald" or "Channel Nine executive" but somehow I think they'd see through that...my parents are teachers...

lizzies85

glad i dont have to do that sort of stuff... i'm lucky, all i have to do is write like about 1000 words(which might be the problem) on why i want to do a human movement course at csu... might take me a while to get that much, dont think it'll end up being that long...oh well

bex

HSC
yeah experience experience... the closest i get to knowing someone in the industry is Mike Monroes daughter goes to my school.. and hes not even a journo!!! Do politicians count?

shelky

HEY ME TOO!!!

Hey im interested in going to charles sturt too!! at bathurst to do journalism. i think im going to be living on campus as well if i get in but im really scared cause i dont know anyone else going there! so one of you has been there ? what is the place like and is it worth going out there to have a look around? yeah you only need to answer one of the questionaire thingys even if you have applyed for more than one course!:)

Christine

beige member
HSC
yes it is so worth going and having a look at..

i'm soon to be doing work exp. at cosmopolitan so thats one thing i can put... otherwise i'm screwed...

Christine

beige member
HSC
oh and i know the editor of the qantas inflight magazine!! but i haven't seen him in god knows howlong so moral question - do i write him down or not??

bex

HSC
i'm soon to be doing work exp. at cosmopolitan so thats one thing i can put... otherwise i'm screwed...
How did you score that?! i thought work experience was booked up at magazines until next year.. wait wait... are you saying you applied last year?!
*slaps forehead* ehhh why do i never think ahead?!

Christine

beige member
HSC
i applied in february for december, i think i was lucky!! (oh and persistant - i think the lady was sick of me e-mailing her.. :p)

by the way, your first post in the auusie identity thread reads like a shit hot essay... you're going to have no problems getting in- trust me!!

If your still worried tho, try e-mailing the course coordinaters that ur applying for with a bunch of q's or something that way theres a chance when they are reading them that they remember u and if they liked u etc etc

bex

HSC
haha thanks!

Well good luck at cosmo!! Thats got to be one of my dreams.. a trashy mag!

My careers advisor said persistance pays of.. so maybe ill try it out... oooo im so nervous!

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by bex
haha thanks!

Well good luck at cosmo!! Thats got to be one of my dreams.. a trashy mag!
cosmo trashy!!??????? pffft i don't think so - a little on the dirty side yes, trashy no...

by the way is it just a me thing or do all future magazine editors pick up a magazine and pick things to pieces..??
ie. This months B - the picture of Christina Applegate (who i love) was hideous, that kinds photo doesn't sell magazines....

p.s don't be nervous, whatever happens happens in life - if its meant to be it will work out.

bex

HSC
oh but it is trash!!!! why else would we read and adore it!? its such crap and thats why we pick it up every month! i love it!

i dont like b.. i prefer marie claire.... but i agree... lots of critics out there!!!

Christine

beige member
HSC
ahh, so u have a social concience!!!

i'm not into marie claire but i am partial to nw..

i guess that says a lot about my social conceice!!

xanadu2428

HSC
N/A
hey shell

oopsies, i posted the thread to u as a whole new thread- look at the topic bored lol :D - its me by the way- lana

Crazy

has anyone finished their essay(s) yet and posted their information back to CSU...or will you wait until closer till the deadline, which for me is december 6th??

bex

HSC
ive started but then deserted it after about an hr... i think ill post it on dec 1... im making that my deadline cause otherwise ill never send it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)