Whats the deal with Art Express? (1 Viewer)

Bites

HSC
are movies marked harshly? cause i dont think people understand how much time goes into it, but because its only 5 minutes people assume its easy.
Fucking A' My film was 2.59 seconds but took 7 months to create, so much fucking time spent on that god awful film, life sucks.

lloyd7491

HSC
etc behind it I'm positive it just goes off the marks.quote]

They go off the marks to start with, but then a curator from each of the four main galleries goes through and picks out of the band 6's, so you could get 50 but the curators not like it and so it doesnt get in.

fallingstar

HSC
crobison1 that 'smoke photography' is abosultely beautiful. Just so simple, yet impecable. I've never heard of it before.

Kaytt your sculpture is amazing! So much work has gone into it. Its remarkable. So fragile yet so strong. Maybe that's kinda like the metaphor for you and what you said its about. :)
just my interpretation though.

You should both be very proud of yourselves.

Bites

HSC
Hahahah 2.59 seconds. WOW!
I realised I needed to have it under 3 minutes because I had 2 canvas's with it so at the last minute i had to get rid of like 30 seconds and JUST got it under 3 minutes, sucked. I hated my canvas's, I wish I just handed it in as a film but I did a collection of works, biggest idiot.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I realised I needed to have it under 3 minutes because I had 2 canvas's with it so at the last minute i had to get rid of like 30 seconds and JUST got it under 3 minutes, sucked. I hated my canvas's, I wish I just handed it in as a film but I did a collection of works, biggest idiot.
You don't get it.

You said 2.59 seconds.

kaytt

HSC
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, i just hope that i get into Artexpress.. well a nomination would be fine by me :). alex.leon your work is amazing, using the 'unconventional materials' ... ahhh the big day is soon here

HWDS

HSC
My stop motion art film, concept was about lucid dreaming, yeah that's me in it, what's it to you, punk.

Love Come And Save Me on Vimeo
nice video. that first song is sick aswell. I did a collection of works aswell and i fully regret it cos i had a big canvas that i wish i didn't put in!!

all these works are pretty rad. anyone here about art express?

cob95

HSC
Wow!
I loved yours! really awesome! I didn't predict the end! And the music was really well suited.
Yeh thanks, the music is amazing aye. I knew since the beginning of year 11 that i was going to use that song haha. I basically based the actual video around it

HSC
awesome artwork guys!
I made a wedding dress made out of socks... i got carried away and decided to continue with it and made shoes, garter, horseshoe, head piece, flowers...etc(and i included a wedding ring...but that wasnt made out of socks!) My concept is about how socks, much the same as people , search for their partner. My title was " we may be facing hard wear and dirty times but at least we will be a pair". -from a story i read in my research

Last edited:
HSC
thanks!

Your artwork is amazing! I looked at it, and i was like wow they are great photos and concept... and then when i red they were drawn! WOW times infinity!! They are amazing! Congrats!

PS: i love the way how you have incorporate the animal eyes.. it really adds another dimension to the meaning

Last edited:

jaysexy

HSC

'Mellifluous Life' - 300cm x 120cm
Stencil and paint on 3 separate canvases

my theme is.. everyone has creativity within them waiting to be released, yet they are trapped in our boring plain selv... fuck i dont know lol

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
i love love LOVE the manipulation art you did to the magazine.
v. well done.

here's mine, kind of blah next to some of you people's amazing works :p
all hand drawn with oil pastel.

Uh totally not "blah".
Those are incredible. Seriously. The way you have used the oil pastels is amazing.
I can't think of much more to say other than your body of work being incredible.

Since everyone else is posting their works I might as well too.
Here are Tim, Damien, Rufus, Darren, Jamie, Jay, Johnny and Van.
Rufus by ~Cinnamonster on deviantART (this is Rufus. The file was HUGE so I've had to add a link instead)

Tim is my favourite n___n
Oh and I hate to sound all whingey and stuff but the photos of Darren and Jay are pretty crap and the lighting was terrible and don't do the works justice. I'll be getting nice photos of them once I'm allowed to have them back.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)