Whats the deal with Art Express? (1 Viewer)

yuena4

HSC
i think only the digital media art express nomination forms are released atm. so there is still hope for ev everyone else that thought they didnt get an art express nomination:D

elmoateme

HSC
A girl from my school just found out that she got nominated. She did a series of absolutely incredible portraits title 'I Paint Therefore I am" which depicted various people and other things which contributed to her sense of self.

HSC
I live in hope lol, but if yours doesn't get in, i will be way insulted for you :p Its amazing, and I can tell there was a lot of work that went into it. Good Luck with your plans for fashion and all that.
Ummmm, mine didn't really have a concept, I called it 'Visions' and left it at that. It was mostly working with just whatever i see, i put it down. Like there is a pig with wings = swine flu. Its lame I know but that was big news when I started it lol. It's all about the details.
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!
You never know, You might get selected/good mark... what media did you use?

Just have to be patient and wait.... i hate waiting, but i suppose we have waited this long! I am away for the next week, so lets hope the mobile and internet works!

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
A girl from my school just found out that she got nominated. She did a series of absolutely incredible portraits title 'I Paint Therefore I am" which depicted various people and other things which contributed to her sense of self.
Even the title of her body of work sounds amazing. I hope her works get exhibited :)

themerald

HSC
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!
You never know, You might get selected/good mark... what media did you use?

Just have to be patient and wait.... i hate waiting, but i suppose we have waited this long! I am away for the next week, so lets hope the mobile and internet works!
Yeah I know the waiting is driving me crazy, and i havn't got a job yet so I'm bored as a boot. They are linos. So I had to carve them, then print them and the paint them in with guache and then the faces are led. Took soooooo long to do but I like the carving so it was good. There was little bits of carved lino all over the house for a far while, it would get stuck to your socks. I'd show you a pic of the linos themselves but I don't think I took any before I sent them off. Probably would have been a good idea. All the white or painted in areas have been carved.

HSC
Yeah I know the waiting is driving me crazy, and i havn't got a job yet so I'm bored as a boot. They are linos. So I had to carve them, then print them and the paint them in with guache and then the faces are led. Took soooooo long to do but I like the carving so it was good. There was little bits of carved lino all over the house for a far while, it would get stuck to your socks. I'd show you a pic of the linos themselves but I don't think I took any before I sent them off. Probably would have been a good idea. All the white or painted in areas have been carved.
Ditto to the "bored as boot"! May explain the obsessive number of posts i have done lately! Going away...so no posts for an ENTIRE week! :speechless: Your artwork sounds amazing! and alot of hard work! I take my hat off to you for doing lino.... i cant stand it( the process...not the end product!) Well done!

cerys

because i can.
HSC
The title must have been inspired by Barbara Kruger's :)!

waza_

HSC
i think only the digital media art express nomination forms are released atm. so there is still hope for ev everyone else that thought they didnt get an art express nomination:D

Well in this case I'm pretty let down, I wanted to get in so fucking badly

eloxquence

HSC
i probably didnt get in cuz mine was probably shit house and it got sent back to me, so obviously i didnt get in which sucks. its all digital media and photoshop. i took all the photographs myself, they're mounted on clear perspex with a thick acrylic backing. cost a fortune.

they go in a specific order but ive never actually seen them hung up in the order and on a wall (lol) which is kinda stupid but yeah..

waza_

HSC
Ok so I went to school today to talk to my art teacher, I told her about you guys getting nominated and she told me that it can't be true. Nobody finds out if they get nominated until we get our artworks back (20th November)

I'm so damn confused now haha

Phouna

HSC
N/A
Ok so I went to school today to talk to my art teacher, I told her about you guys getting nominated and she told me that it can't be true. Nobody finds out if they get nominated until we get our artworks back (20th November)

I'm so damn confused now haha

lol I guess we have to wait and see ;)

I don't think anyone knows what is happening except the "Board of Studies"
alone - all we know is what they posted up on "Student Online". :D Looks like both teachers and students are mildly confused!!!

Hey "eloxquence" THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!! I love the second and last one!!!

eloxquence

HSC
oh hey, thanks :)

its so stupid...like they say that your school will get notified but i got nominated for design and technology and my school had no idea lol...oh god. but i bet i didnt get nominated anyways.

spotdotzap

HSC
i got a letter in the mail saying i got nominated for art express :)
(i did painting)
and i got it ages ago on the 12th :)
wierd how everyone's so damn confused
maybe you guys wrote the wrong adress or something, or your postman died :p

Phouna

HSC
N/A
i got a letter in the mail saying i got nominated for art express :)
(i did painting)
and i got it ages ago on the 12th :)
wierd how everyone's so damn confused
maybe you guys wrote the wrong adress or something, or your postman died :p

CONGRATS!!! =]

lol I doubt we wrote the wrong address... I'm guessing everyone is receiving their letters all at different times and like "Student Online" states letters will be sent at the beginning of this week- I think the statement is whats confusing the heck out of everyone! hehehe BIG CONGRATS AGAIN! I hope you get into the next round!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)