WHAT'S the difference... (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I don't do economics, but i'm not sure whther anone could help me to clear this up for Society and Culture.

What's the difference between transnational coporation and Multinational coporation? and Please give examples of each.

HSC
Yes they are pretty much exactly the same.. and btw this is more of a business studies question? :)

AGB

HSC
nah there is a difference.....im just tryin to remember.......

i think it is sumthing to do with where the business is headquartered and the places where it operates or sumthing along those lines.....ill try find out 4 ya :)

HSC
It depends which source your using. "Transnational corporations are also known as multinational corporations" (Source Excel HSC Business Studies).

However, perssonally, i think a multinational differs in that it bases throughout the world, and its products are normally more differentiated as it caters to each market seperately.

But, meh, if there is a difference or not is not great big deal, considering it is such a very small point. :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ok, please try to find out for me...
Are you sure they are the same?? If they are the same, they wouldn't be called MULTI and TRANS...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by krayziekarnevil
It depends which source your using. "Transnational corporations are also known as multinational corporations" (Source Excel HSC Business Studies).
Heh, never trust Excel

Having dealt with this at uni, Melbournian's response seems to be the most correct

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
fine, since no one can help me, i'll go ask a Business and Economic teacher...(a very nice guy too)

HSC
Haha, thats a bit harsh, considering several people had their inputs into the difference between the two corporations. If you didn't listen or take note of them, then thats your fault, not ours.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
*sigh* all you guys are coming from different directions, and it is very hard for someone who hasn't done Business Studies or Economics to make a precise judgement on which one of your opinions are correct. So the most appropriate thing to do is for me to seek professional answers, however, i am not saying that those peope who attempted to help were useless.

But now I understood the similarities and differences between those two concepts after a thorough explanation from a very helpful, intellengent teacher. And that's all the answer I could ask for.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Survivor39
*sigh* all you guys are coming from different directions, and it is very hard for someone who hasn't done Business Studies or Economics to make a precise judgement on which one of your opinions are correct.
Then why did u bother asking?

Yes I thought melbournians was the best in a nutshell

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Then why did u bother asking?

Yes I thought melbournians was the best in a nutshell
Well, When i decided to post, i didn't expected the answers you are posting are so crap, it is not until after i consulted the teacher, that i realised how wrong some of you are. (Yes, there is a difference, as opposed to the "help" from some of you).

And the "best" answer may NOT neccessarily be the CORRECT answer. :)

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Well, When i decided to post, i didn't expected the answers you are posting are so crap, it is not until after i consulted the teacher, that i realised how wrong some of you are. (Yes, there is a difference, as opposed to the "help" from some of you).

And the "best" answer may NOT neccessarily be the CORRECT answer. :)
You've got one hell of an attitude problem. People try to help you, and you call them crap... Im glad i'll never have to meet you in life. Hopefuly.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Harimau
You've got one hell of an attitude problem. People try to help you, and you call them crap... Im glad i'll never have to meet you in life. Hopefuly.
What about the attitude from people who tried to "help"?? did you considered both side? For example:
Newbie - "same shit" (what kind of explanation is this? or is he trying to increase the post count??)

I didn't mean to be rude, but you have to agree that the explanations I got were all over the place, which made it very hard for someone who does not have the knowedge of Economics/Business Studies to understand easily, especially when some people are saying they're the same and some are saying this and that...

Harimau

HSC
What about the attitude from people who tried to "help"?? did you considered both side? For example:
Newbie - "same shit" (what kind of explanation is this? or is he trying to increase the post count??)

I didn't mean to be rude, but you have to agree that the explanations I got were all over the place, which made it very hard for someone who does not have the knowedge of Economics/Business Studies to understand easily, especially when some people are saying they're the same and some are saying this and that...
"same shit" means that he is saying that TNC's and multinationals are the same. Huh thats a flimsy arguement. Having no knowledge is no excuse Ever for Rudeness and lack of manners. Thats just total bullshit.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
"same shit" means that he is saying that TNC's and multinationals are the same. Huh thats a flimsy arguement. Having no knowledge is no excuse Ever for Rudeness and lack of manners. Thats just total bullshit.
well i never saw YOU contribute anything to help me understand T and M coporations, so why are you suddenly so concern of what i had to say?
And honestly, "Same shit" is really a crappy response anyway, As well as it is also WRONG.

Harimau

HSC
well i never saw YOU contribute anything to help me understand T and M coporations, so why are you suddenly so concern of what i had to say?
And honestly, "Same shit" is really a crappy response anyway, As well as it is also WRONG.
Thats probably because i didnt see the thread until today, and i am concerned because of your lack of appreciation for what other people do.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Thats probably because i didnt see the thread until today, and i am concerned because of your lack of appreciation for what other people do.
Get over it :rolleyes: And yeah, I REALLY appreicated the "same shit" comment!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm

In future people...wen someone posts a question, either respond with a genuine answer or dont respond at all.
Also, people who do recieve genuine answers, please thank the person who gave their input.

is a roflcopter
HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHA what a funnycunt

as far as my tiny brain is concerned
the answer is SAME SHIT

so get over it survivor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)