• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's the hardest subject for the SC? (1 Viewer)

i love to act

HSC
What's the hardest subject for the School Certificate?
Some say English, others say Science. Which one do you think?

I'm doing my school certificate this year (2008) and haven't studied yet. I've done pretty well in my school exams over the past two years and was wondering if the School Certificate's majorly hard.
Of course I'm going to study, but I'm getting worried!

What would you recommend me study the most? :read:

bored of sc

HSC
i love to act said:

I'm doing my school certificate this year (2008) and haven't studied yet. I've done pretty well in my school exams over the past two years and was wondering if the School Certificate's majorly hard.

The school certificate is not too difficult in my opinion but it's not ridiculously easy either. If you are doing your homework, and understand your work you'll be fine. By the sounds of it, you will breeze through it. Do some light revision if you think you are underprepared. Try some past school certificate papers.

Have a read of the threads labelled IMPORTANT.

water89

HSC
Umm the exams vary with difficulty I think it depends on your ability and confidence, I spent the year doing exceptionally well in science and only ended up with a disappointing 86. However, in English which people regard as the "tough one" i grabbed a cool 94.

If I can pass any advice it would be to look in the resources section for GEO notes, they are absolutely awesome. I remember listening to my teacher and doing all my work in class but still flunking the half yearlies, come SC time i decided to use BOS notes and scored 95.

suzlee

HSC
water89 said:
Umm the exams vary with difficulty I think it depends on your ability and confidence, I spent the year doing exceptionally well in science and only ended up with a disappointing 86. However, in English which people regard as the "tough one" i grabbed a cool 94.

If I can pass any advice it would be to look in the resources section for GEO notes, they are absolutely awesome. I remember listening to my teacher and doing all my work in class but still flunking the half yearlies, come SC time i decided to use BOS notes and scored 95.

awesomeeee
I've got geo trial tomorrow. Haven't started studying. I'll go look at that now hehe

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For my I think English take the lead as hardest subject, here's the order for me from Easiest to hardest:

Computer (waste of time really, a joke)
Maths
Science
History
Geography
English

If I manage to get band 6 for english it'll be like 90 or 91 lol, rest I think i'll do preety good.

AimingHigh93

HSC
i reckon english is easy but too long science is one of my fav subjects so ill prob do alright but maths ineed to revise because i havent had a stable teacher since yr 7 and its all over the place geo and history are hard due to dates and issues computers lol epic fail of an exam my trials are gonna be last years sc exam and i did it for my half yearly got an 80 but didnt finish my exam so lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Order (Easiest To Hardest):

Maths
English
Geography
Science
History

Although none were really that hard. My lowest was a 79 in history, because I did not pay attention in that class at all (hence why it was the hardest)

speedofsound

HSC
Easiest to hardest.

History
Geography
English
Science
Maths

I reckon. Computing is such a joke it doesn't even deserve to be included.

suzlee

HSC
speedofsound said:
Easiest to hardest.

History
Geography
English
Science
Maths

I reckon. Computing is such a joke it doesn't even deserve to be included.
Awww.. I'll be nice and sneak IT in my list.

Easiest->Hardest

COMPUTING
Science
Maths
Geography
History
English

Grrrr :mad:

edit: ahhhaha forgot IT.. there we go

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
i love to act said:

I found the history and geography trials hard today because I'd done no study in those two areas. Otherwise it's VERY easy. All my trials are over, woot!

suzlee

HSC
supercalamari said:
I found the history and geography trials hard today because I'd done no study in those two areas. Otherwise it's VERY easy. All my trials are over, woot!
I envy you.....................but that will be me in approximately 19 hours!!!

Do you think I could avoid a C on my report in both subjects if I didn't study for the trials that are worth more than 40% :(?

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
hmmm.
I think you should study history and geography as they are knowledge related rather than skills based.

For the skills based exams (english, math and science) just practice by doing a couple of past papers.

speedofsound

HSC
supercalamari said:
Lucky you. At least mine will be over Thursday... next Thursday, that is. :D

suzlee

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
hmmm.
I think you should study history and geography as they are knowledge related rather than skills based.

For the skills based exams (english, math and science) just practice by doing a couple of past papers.
haha but the thing is I studied the hardest for English and Science.... Ooopsie;
Okay then I better go and cram some knowledge in my brain and spill it all out tomorrow... it will be the last thing I'll ever waste my time for either of the subjects for the rest of my life.

Woooo

speedofsound

HSC
suzlee said:
haha but the thing is I studied the hardest for English and Science.... Ooopsie;
Okay then I better go and cram some knowledge in my brain and spill it all out tomorrow... it will be the last thing I'll ever waste my time for either of the subjects for the rest of my life.

Woooo
Not quite. We still have to waste our time doing the actual SC, unfortunately. :( But to keep me going, I just keep saying to myself "I only have one more Science exam to do in my life EVAAAAAAAAH!"

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
suzlee said:

Woooo
Yes. Cram as much as possible. :p

TBK11

HSC
id say For me History or english errr hate em both

Had a Geo Trial today :) and since we already got our results back in term2 for geo it didnt count i drew a Dinosaur on everypage and for some of the answers i cracked upself up laughing
one of the Q's was Explain the term drought?
i wrote: Drought is when a dinosaur reaches age 10

haha and drew a before and after pic of dino's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)