What's the strangest music you've ever heard? (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Oh, and the Japanese noise experiments. Their one of the main boundary pushers ATM.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Can't believe that nobody has mentioned Bob Dylan's voice yet.

Ian Curtis was uncanny, a prodigious talent though.

robert zimmermann is king. the voice is crucial to the folk man. man youu know talking about the cause of peace is like talking about a hunk of butter, you're more worried about the hunk than the butter. you know you know, those not busy being born, are busy dying. you you can't change the woorld with a song, i can't believe you have the nerve to ask me that and to expect me to answer that!!!

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Can't believe that nobody has mentioned Bob Dylan's voice yet
Listen to the vocals by Antony & The Johnsons. They're pretty abstract. Extremely emotive though.

zaxmacks

HSC
Gang Gang Dance is pretty experimental/weird, and pretty rad too.

r.uss

HSC
What the hell is an abstract voice?

Anyway. Weirdest piece I've heard: 'I am sitting in a room' by Alvin Lucier. Lucier records his voice and plays it back in the room in which it was recorded... many, many times. Over a period of time the recording of his voice simply turns into this phantasmagorical sympathetic resonance - it's literally the sound of the cavity of the room.

I don't think much could impress me after that.

philphie

Banned
HSC
music videos that are soemwhat weird to me are two weeks- Grizzly Bear and Molten Light- Chad VanGaalen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)