What's up with Western restaurants chains serving me halal meat?? (1 Viewer)

chiefpasco

HSC
No, I'm a conscientious person with Western Christian values. I will not eat meat killed in an inhumane manner.
"Western Christian values"
Implying you're morally better than a Muslim.

Also, by law, animals have to be stunned before slaughter in Australia. Only a handful have been given special exemption from the law to conduct religious slaughter - this includes Halal and Kosher (Jewish slaughter).
So if you're going to be prejudice against a religion based on how a small handful prepare their meat domestically, you may as well be prejudice against Jews too.

-All Halal slaughter of chickens in Australia includes prior stunning.
-There are a small number of abattoirs in Australia that have been granted permission from the relevant State or Territory food authority to conduct religious slaughter without prior stunning – for either Halal or Kosher (Jewish slaughter) purposes. These ‘approvals’ are effectively exemptions to standard Australian slaughter practice. The proportion of animals slaughtered under these exemptions is very small
http://kb.rspca.org.au/what-is-halal-slaughter-in-australia_116.html

(Not condoning religious slaughter - just sick of Religion X fighting against Religion Y on who's morally superior - you all stank.)

Last edited:

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
That's so hypocritical, telling person A off for thinking he's morally superior to person B because of his religion, then going on to imply that you're morally superior to both A AND B because of their religion. Nice going.

HSC
N/A
KFC have said only THREE of its restaurants, including two at Bankstown and Punchbowl, are certified to sell halal food prepared in a way that is acceptable to Muslims. While Eight McDonald's restaurants in Sydney and four in Melbourne offer halal food. These are in areas that have a large demand for halal food due to the large Muslim population. They are only serving the demand for the customer.
Halal foods that are permissible for Muslims to eat or drink under Islamic Shariʻah. e.g water is halal. Yes, water halal
I don't know where you came from but in Australia we don't appreciate ignorance and intolerance.

turntaker

HSC
No, I'm a conscientious person with Western Christian values. I will not eat meat killed in an inhumane manner.
this actually makes no sense.
In the bible this is how they kill animals. By cutting their head.

Not by electricity. LOL
i think thats more inhumane

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
No one kills animals with electricity though (at least for the purposes of creating meat).

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
"As soon as the animal is stunned, it is shackled by a hind leg and then, within seconds, the large blood vessels are severed to induce bleeding... dying due to loss of blood"

The animal is not killed with electricity.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Is there really that big of a difference between Halal and Non-Halal Meat?

jdennis

HSC
Is there really that big of a difference between Halal and Non-Halal Meat?
No, which is why I don't understand all this crying about restaurants serving halal meat. If it's basically the same, why does it even matter?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
kosher meat is essentially the same, why is it halal meat in particular that is the issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)