whats ure pay rate and where do u work? (1 Viewer)

Trogie

HSC
ebsha said:
Dammit. I'm being ripped off.

$9 an hour at a seafood store, im 17. I get $12 on sundays. It sucks. After work I smell of fish (not nice) and have cuts on my hands from prawns. I've also almost fallen over in the shop bout 3 times, and have almost had hot oil spilt all over my arms whilst cooking the sample bits of fish out front of the store that taste like total shit.

I need a new job, but am too lazy to look. :(
Do you by any chance work at Blacktown shops?

Last edited:

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
17..pets paradise...usually $10-$12..plus bonuses when i sell dogs/cats n stuff.

Trogie

HSC
muselara said:
17..pets paradise...usually $10-$12..plus bonuses when i sell dogs/cats n stuff.
lol pet's paradise. I couldn't work there, those puppies are too cute, I hate seeing em locked in those display cases

Trogie

HSC
What do you do there, is it just sales or are you doing other stuff? do you have to clean up after the animals lol?

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
yeah...i reckon my job is harder than all of the ones which have been posted here. i'm animal attendant so on sunday mornings (cause im only casual while im at school) i go in at 7.30...set up around 10 crates..put the animals into them..strip out their pens, sweep away all the excess paper...disinfect all the pens...wash all the glass then put new newspaper and shredded paper in there...new waterbowls etc..feed the other animals...clean everything up...medicate animals etc etc...its a really tiring job...people come in saying your job looks so easy! and im thinking "if only you knew..." haha.
but i love animals so meh :)

X

xeuyrawp

muselara said:
plus bonuses when i sell dogs/cats n stuff.
ah, the bonus. The things that end up being our most important purchases, plasma TVs, cars, pets, etc, are the things that are encouraged to be sold as much as possible.

Anyway, if I had money I wouldn't buy a pet from there, don't people agree that the animals are put in really bad conditions? I mean, they're in pens with other species (sickness) in contact with humans, and particular, kids (sickness). Do they get a run around?

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Hmmm,
15 year old at IGA=$6.90 an hour
On Sundays I get $10.08
On saturdays I get an added bonus of $6.18 just for working.

Then there is like, uniform money and all that crap.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
Hmmm,
15 year old at IGA=$6.90 an hour
On Sundays I get $10.08
On saturdays I get an added bonus of $6.18 just for working.

Then there is like, uniform money and all that crap.
$6.90 an hour. That is so bad. You're better of not working at all and just enjoying your free time.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
$6.90 an hour. That is so bad. You're better of not working at all and just enjoying your free time.
I'm guessing you never had a job when you were 15

iamsickofyear12

HSC
yenta said:
I'm guessing you never had a job when you were 15
I didn't mean that it was bad for a 15 year old, just that I don't think it's worth working if you're only getting that.

X

xeuyrawp

iamsickofyear12 said:
I didn't mean that it was bad for a 15 year old, just that I don't think it's worth working if you're only getting that.
Well maybe he was working to get a reference, or candy money- 6$ gets you a long way when you're 15.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
$6.90 might be alright money for a 15 year old - it was for me when I was 15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)