whats with smart people asking for UAI estimates? (1 Viewer)

kinka11

HSC
Maybe im being a bit cynical at the moment but wots with all these people asking for UAI estimates when there ranks are like top 5 and there marks are all like 90+. Like lets be honest, your smart YOU WILL DO WELL.

I guess its my own fault for opening up the threds with people asking about their UAI estimates and then feeling bad about myself because some people with really good marks are being told they will only just get above 90+!!

Why do people worry so much! i mean i know we all wanna go into our favourite courses but cant we just aim for the moon and if we miss land amongst the stars?

Im in a bad mood as you may all tell, just got my report back and didnt do as well as i wanted but i believe I will still get over 90 if i put the effort it in.

So for all those people, like me with what we think are good marks and good ranks aim him! cause you cant go wrong and if we do well ill meet you in the city and buy you a drink
xxx

HSC
I agree it's ridiculous. UAI estimates in general are ridiculous. I doubt I'll bother using SAM even when I get my HSC marks, why not wait til the real number gets sent? You can't change it.

kinka11

HSC
veloc1ty said:
I agree it's ridiculous. UAI estimates in general are ridiculous. I doubt I'll bother using SAM even when I get my HSC marks, why not wait til the real number gets sent? You can't change it.

i dont wanna even look at my results, i just wanna wait for the UAI haha

sw8mp

HSC
and what's with people being so confident with their UAI aims with 95+ and having to state it in their signatures...:mad:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: whats with smart people asking for UAI estimates?

sw8mp said:
and what's with people being so confident with their UAI aims with 95+ and having to state it in their signatures...:mad:
Because we're smarter than you.

kinka11

HSC
hahah
as i said its good to aim high i mean im aiming for 95.25 for the course i dream of doing but id wud b VERY lucky to get that.

conics2008

HSC
haha I agree, I once saw a girl asking other to estimate her Uai and a day or two later she goes around and estimating other peoples uai..

what a joke!! f u all xD

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
conics2008 said:
haha I agree, I once saw a girl asking other to estimate her Uai and a day or two later she goes around and estimating other peoples uai..

what a joke!! f u all xD
yeah, that's really funny.

And there was one guy from estimation forum where he got 1 or 2nd in all his subjects from James Ruse and asked for his UAI. He obviously will get 100 UAI if not 99.95 UAI. Funny thing is, James Ruse actually gives quite accurate UAI estimate to its students.

Baggygreen408

HSC
perhaps they wish to ge into a univeristy course which requires a high uai??? or mayb they just wish to see what they may ahiceve, set goals for themselves???

HSC
Baggygreen408 said:
perhaps they wish to ge into a univeristy course which requires a high uai??? or mayb they just wish to see what they may ahiceve, set goals for themselves???
or maybe they like showing off?

maybe im being very cynical here, though i wouldnt be surprised

honestly, when ppl predict UAI's, it's like watching comedy channel, i just laugh

JJmn

HSC
the pospinator said:
honestly, when ppl predict UAI's, it's like watching comedy channel, i just laugh
Thats neither strange nor sad. You're not alone in this.

sw8mp

HSC
maybe you guys are smarter, but how about actually getting the high UAI first then proudly displaying it in your signature...

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I don't see why people are all cut up about it, its like a fantasy UAI. I'm guessing most people won't get what their aim is. People asking for a guestimate is pretty stupid IMO cos the only ones who ask are generally the ones who are going to do well, not the ones in the middle who's UAI is less... 'certain' should i say.

sw8mp

HSC
everyone may jolly well have a fantasy uai aim of 100 in their signatures...

autumbabe1991

HSC
i agree to some extent with most of your statements, it is obvious if you have previously been getting high marks, your obviously going to get a higher uai...

but the department might scale everyone up or down depending on the range of marks.... so you may get a mark of 95 in an exam but the uai mark could be 85 or 100, it all depends on the nations marks....

and even if you guys do get lower marks it IS NOT the end of the world.... you are always able to apply for a course that suits your mark, achieve well and then transfer after a year (or whatever it is) and your also able to go as a mature age student, and do a tafe course and knock of some of the credentials off the uni course

Danta232

HSC
i want to get an 87.... but i dont think i will get it... the only thing that really matters s hard work int he end isn't it?

armenchik

HSC
Lol your right the only ppl who are so despearte and up themselvs about their UAI are thoes that are actualy doing good in the HSC, i dont know why the hell they worry so much!!!! which make the rest of us look dumb :(

I can say im stuck up but im more on the "dumb" side.

inter108

HSC
Like i'm getting 97 in all my subjects that's but one i'm getting 89?

Am i like going to like get like a 97?

like cause i need 98 like damn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)