What's wrong with being an 18 year old virgin? (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
There's nothing wrong with being a virgin.

Infact, most girls are proud of it.

Besides, sleeping around interferes with school/uni because
a) if it was so good you'd be constantly thinking of it [hence you'd be distracted in class]
b) if it wasn't good, you'd be feeling guilty/moping about engaging in that type of activity in the first place

it's a lose lose situation [well for students anyway]
once you're married, well...that's a different story.
first of all, i have no idea why you would make sweeping and stupidly ridiculous generalisations when you have never had sex

second of all, i regularly have fantastic sex and it does not in any way interfere with my studies

third, who needs to sleep around to have a wonderful sex life? I absolutely detest virgins who get on their highhorse and label or even suggest everyone who is not a virgin is definitely sleeping around. I have always been a firm believer that you can have a good and stable sex life with one person outside of marriage yet for most virgins who get so uptight (HA PUN) about it, this is almost always ignored

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
There's nothing wrong with being a virgin.

Infact, most girls are proud of it.

Besides, sleeping around interferes with school/uni because
a) if it was so good you'd be constantly thinking of it [hence you'd be distracted in class]
b) if it wasn't good, you'd be feeling guilty/moping about engaging in that type of activity in the first place

it's a lose lose situation [well for students anyway]
once you're married, well...that's a different story.
a) What utter garbage. If anything, studying is a walk in the park compared to the responsibility of a full time work and family responsibilities. Surely if good sex is distracting as a student, it will also be distracting later in life too.

Even if sex is amazing, you don't think about it to the point where you are no longer able to function as a student. Sex is a normal part of life, and the sooner you accept it for what it is and stop blowing it up into some huge deal the better.

b) Why would you mope about it? People need to get over their romanticized, manufactured notions of the perfect first time.

Where you good at riding a bike, or cooking a meal, or driving a car the first time you tried these things?

Of course you weren't. It was YOUR FIRST FUCKING TIME. You learn with experience.

You would only feel guilty about it if you had been raised by fucktard parents that fooled you into believing that sex is something to be ashamed of. IT ISN'T. It is a perfectly natural, normal part of life. Sometimes it will be incredible, sometimes it will be disappointing. Get over it.

Last edited:

artist91

HSC
watevs... excuses excuse i say. fair enough if it is one of your beliefs to remain a virgin... but coming up with random statements as to why sex distracts you from your studies is i don't know weird. i mean any normal person isn't going to distracted from sex unless they're like a crazed sex addict. some guys i know sleep with so many people and it really doesn't effect their academic/work performance tbh. i think you're just making assumptions.

Miss Successful

HSC
Okay what i was getting at was,
in my opinion anyway, sex isn't a hobby that can be done at random times and dismissed lightly, it's got to be meaningful. It's called the most ultimate act of love for a reason...
and i maintain that being an 18 yr old virgin is not a bad thing.

loll now that i read back on the second bit of my post, i think i mixed sarcasm and seriousness >.>; sorry latenight eng. assignment stress has killed my braincells.
i meant the last bit as a joke.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Okay what i was getting at was,
in my opinion anyway, sex isn't a hobby that can be done at random times and dismissed lightly, it's got to be meaningful. It's called the most ultimate act of love for a reason...
Why not?

I can confirm that it can indeed be done at random times and dismissed lightly. It seems to work quite well.

That doesn't mean it can't be more meaningful and intimate at other times though.

Once you actually have sex, you'll realize that the sky doesn't fall, the earth doesn't move, and you're still the same person you were 20 minutes ago.

and i maintain that being an 18 yr old virgin is not a bad thing.
Sure. There's nothing wrong with being a virgin, but there's nothing particularly good or virtuous about it either.

Miss Successful

HSC
scaredytiger:
No, she wont be working, because a decent woman gives up her job to facilitate her ultimate calling.
---
i don't understand you...

artist91
soo... you're saying that when you're married you won't be "distracted" during your job due to either a or b?
--
from what i've read in romance novels, the protagonists are always distracted :S but i guess you'd be more mature once you're married so you'd find it less distracting than if you were a hormonal teen....right?

jennyfromdabloc
a)same as what i said to artist91

b) Why would you mope about it? People need to get over their romanticized, manufactured notions of the perfect first time.

i wasn't talking about the first time. i meant if you wanted to further a relationship with the guy but he didn't want to...then you'd feel sad/guilty you gave it away to guy who doesn't feel as strongly for you as you do for him...but yea i agree that's only one case and if it was a mutual no strings agreement then there's no reason to mope.
yea i realise that first time's aren't always good. i'm not that naive :p though i probably sounded it in my last post. sorry if i sounded like a prude :S i didn't realise it till i re-read it after a while.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
from what i've read in romance novels, the protagonists are always distracted :S but i guess you'd be more mature once you're married so you'd find it less distracting than if you were a hormonal teen....right?
haha fuck

artist91

HSC
1. i hope this isn't twilight we are talking about lol :D and books/movies/tv rarely imitate reality when it comes to sex.
2. you would think sex would be one of your prime concerns in married life maybe even more so than when you were a teen.

1 Corinthians chapter 7:
The husband should not deprive his wife of sexual intimacy, which is her right as a married woman, nor should the wife deprive her husband. The wife gives authority over her body to her husband, and the husband also gives authority over his body to his wife. So do not deprive each other of sexual relations.

Miss Successful

HSC
jennyfromdabloc
Why not?

I can confirm that it can indeed be done at random times and dismissed lightly. It seems to work quite well.

REALLY?! O.O
haha okay. i guess i'll have to try it to know it. nah i'm not against non-virgins, i just like to hold onto romantic notions presented in books. ^^ i suppose once you're in a stable relationship, doing it at random times would be natural...

Once you actually have sex, you'll realize that the sky doesn't fall, the earth doesn't move, and you're still the same person you were 20 minutes ago

that's a stark contrast to what novels tell you =.= that's the last time i'm believing novels. i think the next time i decide to come post on this thread, i'll make sure i have experience first :haha:

scaredytiger
Virgins are usually more crazed about sex than those who are not. Sexual tensionnnn.
but aren't a lot of virgins, virgins because they're really naive/don't know how good sex is? how can they be crazed about it then? o_o'

Miss Successful

HSC
Poor dear, she's serious.

I was insinuating you were to become a docile 1950s housewife.

Why would i become a housewife? What has that got to do with anything? o___o

i was supporting having morals not being a subservient female. =='

ps. i don't suppose anyone would know how to quote extracts from multiple peoples' posts? *hopeful look*

Miss Successful

HSC
Have you never talked to desperate teenage guys?
hahahhahahha okay point taken ;)
i was thinking of my shy/innocent friends [girls] when i posted.

yea the guys are pretty bad . :haha:

EDIT: OMG SCAREDYTIGER IS A GUY?! ... LOL . [thnx Loneliness is] i thought he...[she?] was a girl all this time =\

artist91
LOL twilight. no i gave up after the first book. too boring. I read stuff on fanfiction/fictionpress.

"and books/movies/tv rarely imitate reality when it comes to sex."
yea i figured :p

2. you would think sex would be one of your prime concerns in married life maybe even more so than when you were a teen.
yep but by that time you [usually] would've matured out of adolescence so you'd be able to balance it all out better...like work vs personal life. whereas when you're still a teen... you're still reaching that stage.

Omie Jay

yea the guys in my school would probably be classed as the 'desperate' ones.

never seen any girls though who are desperate =\ maybe they're just in the closet :uhoh:
wow i just realised, i've had more life lessons in this one night than in my entire school life .... :shy: lol.

Last edited:

artist91

HSC
never seen any girls though who are desperate =\ maybe they're just in the closet :uhoh:
wow i just realised, i've had more life lessons in this one night than in my entire school life .... :shy: lol.
wow. you've never seen a desperate girl before? what kind of school do you go to? a nunnery? lol.

life isn't like pride and prejudice hun.

sex is fun. it makes life better, it doesn't distract you and make it worse! :hippie:

but yes i am glad you are being educated in this thread LOL

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
it's pretty evident from this thread that the virgins are the ones who are more distracted by thinking about sex more than the normal people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)