What's your AOS this year preliminary-ers. (1 Viewer)

eleanor346

HSC
We're doing justice in English Advanced and our movie is "The Constant Gardener" and haven't picked related texts yet...any ideas?

In Extension we're doing Duplicity and our text is The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde.

Eg155

HSC
Eng Adv- Changing self- Othello, Prescribed texts- poem: In the Park/ song: 'peace train'

Eng Ext 1- Genre study of Horror. Prescibed texts: movie 'Night of the Living Dead', 'The Vampyre' and ' Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'

Boring as hell. -.-

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Eng Adv- Changing self- Othello, Prescribed texts- poem: In the Park/ song: 'peace train'

Eng Ext 1- Genre study of Horror. Prescibed texts: movie 'Night of the Living Dead', 'The Vampyre' and ' Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'

Boring as hell. -.-
Gothic > Horror :)

such_such

HSC
Doing journeys, we're studying a whole lot of Robert Frost right now.
In Ext. 1, we're doing fairytales and currently focusing on Little Red Riding Hood.
ME TOOO! Mostly about gender relationships. After learning about the conventions of a bildungsroman, this is so much better.
Advanced: Identity using '1984' by Orwell :)

zombies

HSC
Advanced: "Relationships", Prescribed - Maestro
EX1: not really sure actually, currently during Emma and Clueless, and we're going to do post-colonialism sometime later this year
Haha was gonna say it but you beat me to it! Don't we also have Dead Poet's Society?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha was gonna say it but you beat me to it! Don't we also have Dead Poet's Society?
Is that the film where some kids go out of boarding school at night to read poems in a cave LOL?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Preliminary English (Standard) - my prescribed text and topics are:
Topic 1: Area of Study: Journey - Prescribed Text is Raw by Scott Monk
Topic 2: The Power of Language - Prescribed Text is Away by Michael Gow
Topic 3: Australian Voices - Prescribed Text is Sometimes Gladness by Bruce Dawe
Topic 4: Horror Genre - Prescribed Text is Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock

SophxMusic

HSC
AoS in Prelim is Journeys... (smashed the assessment task, 97.5% come at me! :) )
We studied Othello as a prescribed text and my ORTS were 'Changes' by three doors down and 'House' (season 5/6 - when he is a mental patient).
Extension is the archetypal quest... studying gilgamesh and mulan (watching Disney in extension for the win!) and my ORT is season 1 of Underbelly... Managed an 88%
Yeah, loving english :D
Extension 2 cannot come around quick enough!

such_such

HSC
AoS in Prelim is Journeys... (smashed the assessment task, 97.5% come at me! :) )
We studied Othello as a prescribed text and my ORTS were 'Changes' by three doors down and 'House' (season 5/6 - when he is a mental patient).
Extension is the archetypal quest... studying gilgamesh and mulan (watching Disney in extension for the win!) and my ORT is season 1 of Underbelly... Managed an 88%
Yeah, loving english :D
Extension 2 cannot come around quick enough!
I wish I had your enthusiasm tooo :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)