What's your critical response about? (1 Viewer)

aud

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I so have to argue, but will restrain myself, read a quote in a work that summed up my argument perfectly.. must find and post!
Will~! I haven't talked to you in ages, where've you been (other than hiding in the Drama forums)?

I want to see your Major Work... after all that... heated discussion... on feminism, I want to see how you attacked it... I put my very, very bad and sketchy work on Glycerine's Showcase thread, put yours there too

djmattyd

HSC
I've obviously chosen a popular topic. I'm also doing the works of Quentin Tarantino for my Critical Response. I think it will just be a critique, but I am also leaning towards discussing feminism within Quentin Tarantino's movies...can't wait to see how it turns out.

marco_demitri

Don't underestimate the dangers of passive listening!

the way that political issues have influenced political music and how antiwar music has changed from the 60's to the present, according to current affairs of each time

Acetaminophen

HSC
hey, i'm doing an analysis of Anne and Emily Bronte's novels. something along the lines of ' do the male characters as depicted by Ann and Em reprisent all that is evil' or are they manifestations of evil. its really great.

i found a really neat shortcut. i did an assignment on Wuthering Heights by Emily in year 11 ext 1. so i already had a substantial amount of stuff written about it. i'd already read it twice and analysed the characters etc. (just thought i'd let people know that this is a really good way to get a headstart).

boycee

HSC
hey guys

wow! they all sound so entirely cool!

For mine I am basically talking about "Wogspeak", and how it is an expression of the link between language and culture as explored through the film texts "They're a Weird Mob" (1965), "Acropolis Now" (80's), and "Wogboy" (1999), and deciding whether these texts parody or merely express Wogspeak.

I'm really loving it so far - but there's so much work to do! It's crazy! How are you guys all surviving?

~boycee!~

the new guy

HSC
Hey guys!....
How is everyone doing time wise???? i havent even begun writing mine yet.

Mine is exploring propaganda in the media and how the case for war in Iraq was built and maintained using propaganda. Most people dont realise that every word they read has an impact on their moral grounding and i aim to show that this sort of influential writing is hugely prolific. ( i have even found memos from the Joint Cheif of Staff and the US department of defence that directly contradict and subvert the "guidelines of ethical Journalism" documents from at least 5 countries). lol carried away. ill shuttup now. I dunno if its english but its too late to turn back now lol.

Good luck guys!

hype couture

Im doing the depiction of PARIS as a utopian ideal within literature and art.

meh. 4unit lol so far i have writtin 800 words... :)

the prob is i cant find any thesis', research papers, critical studies to copy! (just kidding, but i would be nice....)

-Nox-

HSC
I'm doing the role of the Anti-Hero and the fact that it's almost completely taken over the roles of the conventional Hero and Villain. It's about the fact that nothing is black and white any more and asking why.

tendays

ickle firstie
HSC
I'm doiung a website, but before I get chased out of here, it's basically a critical responce with lots of information in the form of html.
Mine's on the art of Aubrey Beardsley. Need a new conceot to ack about the work in general, but I was thinking about his embracing with the natural and often hidden in comparison to the society of his time.

miss_scarlett

HSC
critical analysis subject

I'm doing mine on 'representations of the 'asian other' in australian film'
fun fun fun (note sarcastic tone)
a few weeks and i'll be free of it forever!!!

jimjim

Wow! It's funny.. when I was talking to people last year about doing 4u English, they were like "are you CRAZY?!" now i wish i had done it! all of ur topics sound soo cool! i've read all of ur topics and i'm like, 'wow! you're so smart'.. i had to do a mini major work for 3u english last year.. and i did "How do the Simpsons reflect modern American Society" with the quotes: "Oh Marge, don't be stupid. Cartoons dont mean anything".. so yeah! i wish i had done something like that for my 4u project.. if i decided to do it, that is! :p then i could have dropped bio *shudders*

best of luck guys! im sure you've all worked ur butts off on it, and i hope you get the marks you deserve.. but remember, my 3u ancient teacher told me "no mark you get will be good enough for the effort nor time you put into it".. which is so true! be proud of ur work!

tootles!

jack white

After Hours
HSC
Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange and the aestheticization of sadism and its thematic fundamentality to the philosophical concerns of the film.....
(what bullshit hey)

It was initially exciting but just got boring after reading it 12, 673 times.

Oh well, the major work is yesterday's news now....over it.

-Nox-

HSC
The Villain, Hero and Anti-Hero, the effect of society on characterisation in modern texts.......It sounds so wonderfully bullshitty....

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
The contrasting representations of evil

Classical Shakespearian literature as opposed to modern contemporary literature in the form of film.

stargaze

HSC
ahh 2 years of critical responders into one thread;;

The final title was - Modern Life as a Postmodern Conspiracy

dealing with conspiracy theories

floerr

yayyy

"Once upon a marketing plan"
A study on the appropriation of fairy tales within advertisements for young women, thereby transforming them into consumers.
...took me an hour to come up with that little summation
ITS OVER!!!!
But now i wish i still had it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)