What's your job and how much you earn? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lala2 said:
Yeah, that's the thing. It's really casual, and I'm talking here fitting around your timetable and only when work opportunities come up. So it's not even on a weekly basis (well, it is, but my timetable never fits so I never get to work weekly), and we only get paid fortnightly. But when we are needed, we are really needed, so we get paid a lot.

I guess it evens out, and I don't really need the money, but it's good for long term savings, which is where all my money is going to. Don't worry, I'm trying to find another job which is more regular, but the hourly difference would be so great that I'm claiming tax free threshold for this current first job.
You're working at the Union? I thought that was $20/hr. Well it was when I worked there

lala2

Banned
HSC
No, I'm working with the Marketing and Student Recruitment Unit at the University. That's a pretty competitive rate from the Union, though. No wonder some people I know in the Union have deferred their studies to work (well, it pretty much is a full time job there anyway, isn't it?)

Stas, what were you working as with the Union?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it depends what you do for the Union. At first I organised the Re-Orientation Week, and then worked in customer service (just at the front desk there).

Lexi123

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
how did you get that job? i applied for a similar thing recently, i wanna know what my chances of getting it are without having worked in a library before.
Hi cosmic doris,
I hadn't worked in a library before I got this job. I have heaps of customer service experience though, which I think helped quite a bit. If you applied for part-time it's less likely than casual, casual jobs at libraries (or at least the ones I know of) are very casual, they only call you when they need you and you are never on the roster, you only get called. The one I work at is good cause they need people all the time so I work every week at least once, but it isn't steady work just so you know.

Where did you apply, are you in Sydney cause I might know about the specific library?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Lexi123 said:
Hi cosmic doris,
I hadn't worked in a library before I got this job. I have heaps of customer service experience though, which I think helped quite a bit. If you applied for part-time it's less likely than casual, casual jobs at libraries (or at least the ones I know of) are very casual, they only call you when they need you and you are never on the roster, you only get called. The one I work at is good cause they need people all the time so I work every week at least once, but it isn't steady work just so you know.

Where did you apply, are you in Sydney cause I might know about the specific library?

yeah i applied for a casual position via hawkesbury city council - richmond and windsor libraries. figured i may as well give it a shot.

Lexi123

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

yeah i applied for a casual position via hawkesbury city council - richmond and windsor libraries. figured i may as well give it a shot.
Ah, right, ok, well good luck! I don't know anything about those ones though, I know about Ryde and North Shore libraries but now Hawkesbury. Act all confident at the interview (if you haven't had it yet) and be very very prepared to answer questions about customer service and web based seraching/easy computer searching stuff.

Lexi

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
You're full of it buddy.

You won't even earn 70k immediately after finishing a finance degree.
You obviously have NFI. Grad Traders are getting $100k + Bonus (up to 150% base wage).
IBankers are getting 80k + Bonus.

Not everyone has mediocre friends who got a bcom and then started working at a big4.

Nice work sipsip, you're at s&p?

M

Muhammad pbuh

Job: Messenger of Allah, prophet
Pay: Zakat from all submitters made during the lunar year, Zakat and Khoms from the Shi'ite submitters whether it be halal or haram, forced Jizya from the infidels and donated Sadaqah from my followers.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Muhammad pbuh said:
Job: Messenger of Allah, prophet
Pay: Zakat from all submitters made during the lunar year, Zakat and Khoms from the Shi'ite submitters whether it be halal or haram, forced Jizya from the infidels and donated Sadaqah from my followers.
Shouldn't your username be Muhammad pbum? :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
got an offer from a company for an internship. $780/week gross + super. not bad at all for an internship.

carbone

D E F I N E M E
HSC
Job: Family amusment centre something like Galaxy World
Wage: $10.7/hr

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
velox said:
You obviously have NFI. Grad Traders are getting $100k + Bonus (up to 150% base wage).
IBankers are getting 80k + Bonus.

Not everyone has mediocre friends who got a bcom and then started working at a big4.

Nice work sipsip, you're at s&p?
Mwahahahahhaa. Stop making up crap.

No one earns over 50k doing a BComm. If you want money, do dentistry. I heard they make like $60k first year.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
SmokedSalmon said:
Job: Jb Hi-Fi - Casual
Wage: $19.02
You go to USYD, right? do you happen to work at the bondi junction one?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
brogan77 said:
...err?

Optiva Grad Derivatives trading positions were running at 100K + bonus, last I checked.
he was being sarcastic silly-poo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)