foram

Awesome Member
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
guys if you don't know what to do

consider B Commerce (Liberal Studies) @ Usyd

you do a bit of science, a bit of arts and a whole lot of commerce :D

awesome degree
whats the difference between that and normal B Commerce?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
whats the difference between that and normal B Commerce?
Liberal course = harder commerce = higher UAI = more stress = however good rewards

EDIT: Such a poor equation...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
addikaye03 said:
Motto: 2nd place= 1st Loser
Exactly!!!

I ABOMINATE the fact that I came 2nd for 3 subjects. However, on the other hand, I am happy for the top rankers. They probably deserve it more than I do.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
lyounamu said:
Exactly!!!

I ABOMINATE the fact that I came 2nd for 3 subjects. However, on the other hand, I am happy for the top rankers. They probably deserve it more than I do.
hahaha

In subjects such as Mathematics (2U+3U), Physics, Chem.. im very unhappy with anything below first lol striving for perfection is not a terrible philosophy tho, is it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
addikaye03 said:
hahaha

In subjects such as Mathematics (2U+3U), Physics, Chem.. im very unhappy with anything below first lol striving for perfection is not a terrible philosophy tho, is it?
I don't think it is terrible. It is just that we have high expectation of ourselves, isn't it? I don't necessarily expect high of myself. It is just that I WOULD LIKE to see that way. No body is perfect but it is human's desire towards perfection that further drives me to wanting perfection in my subjects.

However, I would like to be realistic as well. I will still be happy as long as I know that I put my best effort (but it won't happen). :D :D

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
lyounamu said:
I don't think it is terrible. It is just that we have high expectation of ourselves, isn't it? I don't necessarily expect high of myself. It is just that I WOULD LIKE to see that way. No body is perfect but it is human's desire towards perfection that further drives me to wanting perfection in my subjects.

However, I would like to be realistic as well. I will still be happy as long as I know that I put my best effort (but it won't happen). :D :D
That's very true. For me it's kind of a strive for satisfaction but my idea of satisfaction changes. If im 2nd in a subject i ALWAYS try for 1st, such is a competitive nature.

selablad

HSC
addikaye03 said:
That's very true. For me it's kind of a strive for satisfaction but my idea of satisfaction changes. If im 2nd in a subject i ALWAYS try for 1st, such is a competitive nature.
Me too :D

bobos2

HSC
Yes, i esp try 2 get first in maths. Feels gud wen u beat other ppl~~ And wen some1 else beats u theyre like OMG i beat u. thats reali ANNOYING! .

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bobos2 said:
Yes, i esp try 2 get first in maths. Feels gud wen u beat other ppl~~ And wen some1 else beats u theyre like OMG i beat u. thats reali ANNOYING! .
Yeah, I hate that. I never say that I beat someone, especially in their faces.

selablad

HSC
Mmm I never say it (edit: 'it' being HAHAHA I BEAT YOU SUCKER), but when you're comparing marks, and the other person did really terrible and you completely aced it, then you feel all uncomfortable and you don't want to talk about it :(

(That was me in chemistry today. I was kind of sad because I couldn't tell anyone my mark, not wanting to rub it in, but I made up for the sadness by being awesomed-out by my mark :D)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bobos2 said:
Yeah, it's quite annoying, especially the wannabes thinking that they're so smart, always bragging :mad1:.

My motivation is similar to Lyounamu's. If I know I've tried my best and I don't end up with the mark I expected, I aim higher and persevere by trying harder and learning along the way.

Trying my absolute best keeps my motivation up :), and of course, beating others.

Edit: I envy Namu :), a person who keeps my motivation up.

Last edited:

ttong

HSC
Hmmmm. I guess for me, seeing other people motivated kind of motivates me in a way, not really sure why though maybe because it means that ill have to try harder to keep up.

emerald91

HSC
My cousin would have to be my biggest inspiration...actually...more of a kick in the face.

She puts in HEAPS of effort...I really need to lift my game big time!!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Edit: I envy Namu :), a person who keeps my motivation up.
I will be the last person you will envy, Razizi. You have higher potential than I will ever have. :wave: :wave:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
emerald91 said:
My cousin would have to be my biggest inspiration...actually...more of a kick in the face.

She puts in HEAPS of effort...I really need to lift my game big time!!!
I used to have cousin who was my inspiration. Looking at her now, she is all burnt out. I don't feel like following her footstep.

By the way, good luck with that. :D

bobos2

HSC
wat does burnt out mean? i think i asked this in another thread but i cant find it =.=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)