When 2 marry? (1 Viewer)

the hsc sucks

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Hey all,
Just wondering when you think its the right time to say those two words "I do" not that I'm getting married any time soon although my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and have discussed it, we have been living together for quite a while.
Apart from the fact that I'm bored I'm interested on ppls views of this topic
wenever u want to i reckon. my boyfriend of almost 16 months and i have discussed it. we're both 18 but dont really see that as an issue. the way things are going, we see ourselves moving in to rent and getting engaged in the next year or so, mostly depending on finances. after that we figure we'll wait till im finished my uni degree before we get married. some people might say we're jumping the gun, but hey, if for some incredibly massive reason this doesn't work out, i can at least say it was great while it lasted.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
Oh i dont wanna think abt marriage yet.

How do u know or so confident he/she is 'the one' to marry..?

You must have that much confidence to be that sure.. plus marriage is jus the beginning.. living together expenses and many more .. $$$$$
My bf and i have been living together for nearly our entire relationship, hence we share living expenses and blah...blah...blah and we just know within ourselves that it's meant to be

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
You know, I totally thought I had everything down about relationships when I was with my first serious boyfriend, and that we were meant for each other and would be together forever.

But being through a few relationships, good and bad, and breakups, I know there's a lot out there I DON'T know. So I'm happy just seeing where the road takes me, no expectations or goals or planning. If you're meant to be with someone, it just happens, without fretting or thinking ahead to any major extent... at this age.

We're all so young, I think it would be better to approach a relationship with the mindset of "what can I learn from this person?" and "how will this relationship change me for the better?" rather than "when will we marry?" or "what will happen to us in three years/two years/a year?"

Even if you don't get married, every relationship is a stepping stone to the right one, and every single person should be more concerned with learning, knowing themselves and being happy rather than forcing anything to work.

The best relationships come about that way.

HSC
I say around 25 is the BEst right?
Well i say after getting a degree and get a stable job i guess, it would then appropriate to marry :)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
the hsc sucks said:
wenever u want to i reckon. my boyfriend of almost 16 months and i have discussed it. we're both 18 but dont really see that as an issue. the way things are going, we see ourselves moving in to rent and getting engaged in the next year or so, mostly depending on finances. after that we figure we'll wait till im finished my uni degree before we get married. some people might say we're jumping the gun, but hey, if for some incredibly massive reason this doesn't work out, i can at least say it was great while it lasted.
I'm 21, will be 22 in May next year and have lived alot of my life already, and yes @ 18 I thought I would be married at 18 or 19 but now this is indeed very different, so yes I'm quite happy to settle down now and my partner and I are very happy and secure with each other, given the fact that in the last year we have gone thru so much shit already

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
I'm 21, will be 22 in May next year and have lived alot of my life already, and yes @ 18 I thought I would be married at 18 or 19 but now this is indeed very different, so yes I'm quite happy to settle down now and my partner and I are very happy and secure with each other, given the fact that in the last year we have gone thru so much shit already
mmm... question's out of topic, but aren't u a little older than the average HSC 2004 group then?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
azzie said:
You know, I totally thought I had everything down about relationships when I was with my first serious boyfriend, and that we were meant for each other and would be together forever.

But being through a few relationships, good and bad, and breakups, I know there's a lot out there I DON'T know. So I'm happy just seeing where the road takes me, no expectations or goals or planning. If you're meant to be with someone, it just happens, without fretting or thinking ahead to any major extent... at this age.

We're all so young, I think it would be better to approach a relationship with the mindset of "what can I learn from this person?" and "how will this relationship change me for the better?" rather than "when will we marry?" or "what will happen to us in three years/two years/a year?"

Even if you don't get married, every relationship is a stepping stone to the right one, and every single person should be more concerned with learning, knowing themselves and being happy rather than forcing anything to work.

The best relationships come about that way.
awesome post

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
i would LIKE to be married around 23 or 24 and have had my first child by the time i am 25.

but at the moment im not planning it. i have only been working full time now for 6 months, my career still hasnt got to the point where im ready to take time off for a family if i need to. i have a 2 year course starting next year for work, then i plan to do another 2 courses before having a family. hopefully i will have finished my courses before i am married, but if not, so be it. My courses are by correspondence so its not a great deal to get married for me while im studying.

of course i cant wait to be married and i cant wait for my partner to propose, but at the moment im not even planning for christmas yet. i have plenty of things im doing before now and when i get married so im in no rush, im with my boyfriend now and thats all that matters, like most people said, you can get married at any age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)