When do teachers get our results? (1 Viewer)

mecramarathon

HSC
principal will receive them this morning on his computer

but they don't know ya ATARs

Memi

HSC
N/A
My Biology teacher is going to be disappointed

Carl5

HSC
I was wondering this too haha. I thought they got them when we got them, however one of my teachers called me and another sent a facebook message, so they obviously didn't have them yet.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
principal will receive them this morning on his computer

but they don't know ya ATARs
As above.

Principals get the list around the same time as you guys got access (6am), but not all teachers have access to the results. It is determined by the principal who has access to the results, they usually filter through to all the teachers during the day.

friend177

HSC
well we just got a text from the school saying how many Band 6 and 5 our cohort got

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Teachers already have your marks (they get them around the same time you do).

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Princicpals can access them at the same time as you can. The principal can decide when to let the relevant teachers know. At my school the Heads have been notified of the results for their departments but the rest of the staff either have to go to school (we are already on holidays) or hope that their kids let them know.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Schools have a right to know as they have also put a lot of time and effort into these results. They don't get told the ATAR's any more.

As a teacher I find this sort of comment sad - I have put a lot of time and effort into helping my students get their results and would like to know how they went.

Another reason why schools get the results is to analyse what they are doing well and what they aren't so that they can improve their teaching for future students.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Schools have a right to know as they have also put a lot of time and effort into these results. They don't get told the ATAR's any more.

As a teacher I find this sort of comment sad - I have put a lot of time and effort into helping my students get their results and would like to know how they went.
Another reason why schools get the results is to analyse what they are doing well and what they aren't so that they can improve their teaching for future students.
+1

SpreadTheWord

HSC

I wish all teachers had the same level of dedication and attitude as you seem too. Frankly, I owe my school nothing, as they have contributed nothing nor helped me in any way (so therefore i will not inform them), but in fact made the HSC increasingly stressful, and difficult to overcome. Teachers at my school were useless; if you needed something they would never provide it - thats if they ever turned up, so Bored of Studies i guess has been my saviour at times. It makes me wonder, do some teachers see the lower ranked schools (less academic schools) as a means to not bother as much as they would with higher placed schools, because we are 'dumb' or not as worthy.

By the way, this is also the view of my classmates.

On another note, I think my school will be pleased by 'our' results.

Last edited:

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
my pdhpe teacher is going to get so disappointed. He was expecting me to get a band 6. I only got a band 4. I don't know wdf happened

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering this too haha. I thought they got them when we got them, however one of my teachers called me and another sent a facebook message, so they obviously didn't have them yet.
Why do you have your teacher on Facebook? Sorry but that's a little creepy.

zhiying

HSC
They have it already, my physics teacher called my mobile somehow -_-

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The school gets the results at the same time you do. ATARs are private though, lie all you want if you need to.

2011_

HSC

+1 I owe my Teachers everything! Thank you just isn't enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)