When do you study? (1 Viewer)

blackforest

HSC
wooow u ppl make me feel like i dont even study.. i just do my homework, and revise for my subjects for like an hr a week...

Dyllip

HSC
Doesn't anyone watch TV?

Studying during primetime when all of TV's brightest stars come out to shine, wtf?? But then you miss all the shows on :(

Dyllip

HSC
Can anyone help me? I got a letter home about not doing homework for Biology today. It's because I can never be bothered to do homework because I'm so fatigued in the afternoon I can barely move and I fall asleep watching It's Academic. Can anyone recommend any supplements to take to give me the energy to study and do homework? I know it sounds stupid, but I always get 8+ hours sleep and still, can barely manage to stay awake after school :(.

:mad1:

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Can anyone help me? I got a letter home about not doing homework for Biology today. It's because I can never be bothered to do homework because I'm so fatigued in the afternoon I can barely move and I fall asleep watching It's Academic. Can anyone recommend any supplements to take to give me the energy to study and do homework? I know it sounds stupid, but I always get 8+ hours sleep and still, can barely manage to stay awake after school :(.

:mad1:
I know that Vitamin B reduces stress - I took that and it definitely had that effect. It may help.

Also, ration your time. Perhaps doing a little homework in your study periods or at the beginning of lunch would help. I know at my school, the whole school has half hour roll calls so we can use that time. Just use whatever time you can =]

Also, I used to have the same problem as you. I'd fall asleep as soon as I get home, and then be too tired to do anything. The best thing for that is simple. Try your hardest not to fall asleep when you get home. Take a day to force yourself to stay awake until 10 o clock, and then get your 8 hours. Do that a few days in a row, and you should notice afternoon energy levels increasing. Also, try to refrain from excessive sleep-ins on the weekend. That will stuff your patterns up lol.

Dw though, man. You'll be fine =]

tanna

HSC
I fall asleep watching It's Academic.
Who doesn't fall asleep watching It's Academic? Nah, seriously all you need is to adjust your body to staying awake in the arvo. It'll be about two weeks til you notice a massive difference. Good luck :)

Jaylee42003

HSC
On weekdays (sometimes excluding Fridays) I do homework from about 4pm to 6pm then from 6 to 9pm I do revision and note writing etc. I do assessments during study periods at school, or on the weekend, otherwise I just won't get around to doing my notes and stuff, which I believe are really important.

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
well i drew up a study timetable. 4 hours a day from mon-friday with saturday off and just an hour of revising on sunday.

21 hours a week in total, is this good/bad?

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
Doesn't anyone watch TV?

Studying during primetime when all of TV's brightest stars come out to shine, wtf?? But then you miss all the shows on :(
Its 2009, you can watch them at a time that suits you, e.g 11-12pm or after school 3-5.

well i drew up a study timetable. 4 hours a day from mon-friday with saturday off and just an hour of revising on sunday.

21 hours a week in total, is this good/bad?
thats pretty good, but i would move some hours to the weekend. Trying 4 hours per day is impossible

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
Its 2009, you can watch them at a time that suits you, e.g 11-12pm or after school 3-5.

thats pretty good, but i would move some hours to the weekend. Trying 4 hours per day is impossible
well it's working so far, but im afraid of burning out haha.

In my study timetable, should i put the subjects i want to study or just put "study" and study whatever and whenever?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I am enchanted by Khorne's tiemtable which easily allows for early nights. I may trial it.

blackforest

HSC
whatever timetable or pattern i use to study never works.. i do work whenever as long as in the end i get it done.

would really be nice to be able to stick to a timetable..!

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
LOL if I used this system I'd study at really random intervals. Not the most effective strategy, I must say.
yeah i know, but i ve drawn up a timetable now. I ll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)