When do you study? (1 Viewer)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I have a question...
Outside of school hours, when do you study?

For me, the school days were always so long, that I never started studying at home until 6 p.m. ish. I am a naturally nocturnal person anyway (for example, its 4 a.m. right now) so the night time suited me for study.

How much study does everyone do?

Normally, I would do anywhere between 2.5-6 hours a night, averaging maybe 15-25 hours a week. I always used to take fridays and saturdays off though. I'd always study of a Sunday night though. In exam periods, I would be doing at least 6-8 hours a day. Studying for my maths and physics exams were the worst though. For physics, I did 14 hours in one day, plus revising for an hour before the exam the next day. It sounds like a lot but really, it was just going over every little part of the course. Aced that exam though =]

One last quote... There ain't no rest for the wicked :p

HSC
yeah im pretty nocturnal as well.
i find i study best late through the night after ive had my break away from school.
im just more in the zone at these times; no idea why.
maybe because theres less distractions?

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
yeah im pretty nocturnal as well.
i find i study best late through the night after ive had my break away from school.
im just more in the zone at these times; no idea why.
maybe because theres less distractions?
Absolutely!
There is nothing better than studying in complete quietness late at night when the rest of the house is fast asleep. I was lucky that things normally died down after dinner.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
I tend to study late too, since in the afternoons, it's too hot to concentrate and I feel tired from walking home. Between 4 - 9 pm, I'm basically relaxing/ recovering from school. So by the time it's 10 pm, I feel guilty and I make myself study.

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
yeah, i find that late at night is the optimum study time for me.

sometimes i also go to school an hour early and work then, it seems to be a good time to concentrate

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
whenever I feel like it
and i feel like studying now
same here :] I can't do late nights myself, my brain stops functioning after midnight. but 6-11pm works for me, and whenever I'm at school when my friends are either not around or also studying.

Klutsov

HSC
Whenever there is nothing on TV (most of the time) and I feel guilty for not studying

But typically this is the afternoon/early evening

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
usually from 4.30/5 - 10 pm. I come home, eat, talk on the phone and then i get to studying

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Lol, I love it how we feel guilty enough to study :p
Something I've always laughed at.

That kind of guilt didn't affect me too much, but if I was studying for a test late at night and just had to go to bed, that is when the guilt would sink in because I thought I didn't study enough for whatever reason. As a result, I wouldn't be able to sleep... That was the worst part about studying haha.

Need_Help

HSC
N/A
I am a naturally nocturnal person anyway (for example, its 4 a.m. right now) so the night time suited me for study.
what time do you wake up to go to school?? i get up at 6.30, so going to bed at 4am will mean 2.5 hours sleep... - id be dead at school, and as such not concentrating, making me study more to keep up with the work!! :haha:

i find at night best to study too (but not that late), cant get up early in the morning to do it

K

khorne

get home around 3:25, grab a snack, bos, etc until 4pm...then study from 4 to 7:30 and from 8:30 to 10:00...

Weekends...I take saturday morning off, and saturday night (study between 1pm - 5pm)

Sundays I take the whole day off then 2 hours at night some time

0bs3n3

HSC
Do you even do your homework? By the time I've finished all my homework/finsihing off bits of classwork there ain't much time to review my notes... Do you include homework as part of study?

gavskiez

HSC
all through the morning before school - usually around 5am to 7:30 or 8am? but i leave weekends completely free; they recommend 15 hours per week. do too much and you'll just burn out. like people that do thirty or forty hours a week are just being ridiculous - make time for friends, jobs, sport and stuff as well; you'll do better overall.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
what time do you wake up to go to school?? i get up at 6.30, so going to bed at 4am will mean 2.5 hours sleep... - id be dead at school, and as such not concentrating, making me study more to keep up with the work!! :haha:

i find at night best to study too (but not that late), cant get up early in the morning to do it
Lol. On an average night, I would get around 4-5 hours sleep. I got used to it lol, and was fine at school.
Keep in mind though, that I finished my HSC last week tehehe. I am up a fair bit later than I normally would be.

A little anecdote, I was DEAD for my english paper 2... I think I had 2 hours sleep... In a situation like that, you push through and then fall asleep after the exam haha. I don't recommend it, but let me assure you, I was fine in the test. Wrote tons :p I'm just one of those people who is used to getting little sleep. :p

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Do you even do your homework? By the time I've finished all my homework/finsihing off bits of classwork there ain't much time to review my notes... Do you include homework as part of study?
Sorry, I should have specified. When I studied, I always did my homework first. Normally, that wouldn't take more than 2 hours. Then I would do assessments tasks if I had any, and they would take up a bit more time. If I had homework and an assessment, I normally wouldn't do any revision, but if I had just homework or no homework, I would revise notes, wrote notes etc.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
yes late around 10 is when i get the study insperation and it carries on from there. For all my exams i had about 4 hours sleep at the most but was fine. Not everyone can pull if off though

M@ster P

HSC
Yes like the people above I had 2 - 4hrs sleep a night during hsc, I was fine in the exams however my sleeping pattern is now fucked up lol, yesterday I didnt sleep till 10am and woke up at 5pm, so I'm trying my best to readjust

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Did you guys have that little sleep because you weren't prepared, or what?
Having no sleep is the worst feeling.

HSC
Uni Grad
I did 17 1/2 hours of study or more every week up until trials to prepare for hsc and I can't say I feel it helped or made any difference. That includes homework as well so not strictly study. About 6-7 hours sleep average a night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)