When will Australia have an atheist prime minister? (2 Viewers)

When will Australia have an atheist prime minister?

• by 2030

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • by 2040

• by 2050

• after 2050

• Total voters

sam5

HSC
the philosophical question 'why is there something rather than nothing?'. You see?
Hmmm....I see.

But you cant tell me that god put everything here as it is.

If he did...who made god?

Maybe we will find out our origins one day.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes, thankyou for that empty epitaph...

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Youre not arguing, youre gloating out of ignorance. We learned the error of this long ago!

'Facts', useful though they are, can never answer the philosophical question 'why is there something rather than nothing?'. You see?
"Because God" is not a useful answer.

You just happen to take it one step further than that and say "Because my glaringly improbable conception of God arising from unreliable, self-contradictory dogma"

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol depends on your definition of "useful"

sam5

HSC
lol depends on your definition of "useful"
then if you dont know how god was put in the world, how can u argue with us?

You are trying to argue with no argument (prediction: you will call me a hypocrite)

You are making it too philosophical.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
then if you dont know how god was put in the world, how can u argue with us?

You are trying to argue with no argument (prediction: you will call me a hypocrite)

You are making it too philosophical.
I agree with everything except the last statement.

It can never be too philosophical.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What are you talking about? It's all philosophy. The physical world and man contain within themselves neither their first principle nor their final end. The world and ourselves are just participants in Being, which alone is without origin or end. "God" is the reality containing the first cause and final end of all things - the infinite that is all that man seeks in his insane thirst which is never quenched by the impermanence of this reality

Last edited:

sam5

HSC
What are you talking about? It's all philosophy. The physical world and man contain within themselves neither their first principle nor their final end. The world and ourselves are just participants in Being, which alone is without origin or end. "God" is the reality containing the first cause and final end of all things - the infinite that is all that man seeks in his insane thirst which is never quenched by the impermanence of this reality
wtf?

Yes but to atheists, god seems improbable.

It seems impossible that a man (who we cant see, smell, communcate with and who has no position) created everything in the world. How did he do that? It would take an unrealistic amount of effort to do that.

Thats why we have the LHC and quantum machanics, so we can find Higgs boson and find how matter evolved from weightless energies.

HSC
i'm surprised so many people voted for an atheist by 2020, considering Rudd's going to be in power for at least 2 terms, probably more and after him they'll be a conservative

sam5

HSC
we will get one one day....2050 prolly about right.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
i think there will be an atheist PM someday, revelations (yes i'm Christian) speaks of a time when Christianity is condemned - can't rlly see that happening with Christian PM
look around you dude, christianity is condemned in many places around the world.

Drewx

HSC
Very doubtful.
People used to say that for a black president now look where we are. Why should religion be an issue anyway if they are right for the job why can't they be the prime minister. Is society so ignorant that one little detail such as religion can affect if you become prime minister or not.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I think Bob Hawke paraded it more as agnosticism, but even he probably wasn't the first atheist or agnostic we've had.

Gough Whitlam was atheist or agnostic. Hellen Clarke and Bob Key are both atheist or agnostic (current and former PM of New Zealand).

I highly doubt we'll have an atheist or agnostic Liberal PM any time soon.
People like Hockey and Turnbull don't strike me as particularly religeous. I doubt they'd admit to being atheists though, even if they are.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
People like Hockey and Turnbull don't strike me as particularly religeous. I doubt they'd admit to being atheists though, even if they are.
I think Turnbull is, don't know about Hockey though...

And then there's Abbot xD ( dw Iron, we all love him as well <_< ).

ptrgrgry

HSC
Deakin was some buddhist nut

But why does this matter? You atheists feelin lonely? Seeking frens in high places? We Christians have the highest fren imaginable. The PM is nothing
People lie about their beliefs to get into power. I highly doubt that there have been few atheists amongst our prime ministers - in fact in such a highly educated group of people, I'd say the majority of them were atheists who did a wonderful job in concealing their beliefs from the everyday Christian idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)