When will Australia have an atheist prime minister? (1 Viewer)

When will Australia have an atheist prime minister?

• by 2030

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • by 2040

• by 2050

• after 2050

• Total voters

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
because Mormons are so much crazier than your average Christian

impervious182

HSC
When will Australia have an atheist prime minister?
Who's to say we don't already have one? The question isn't will Australia have an atheist prime minister, it should be, will Australia have an openly atheist prime minister. As far as political strategy is concerned - not in the near future.

Smile_Time351

HSC
Deakin was some buddhist nut

But why does this matter? You atheists feelin lonely? Seeking frens in high places? We Christians have the highest fren imaginable. The PM is nothing
Yes Iron, as a matter of fact, I have felt a decisive lack of frens (sic) lately...

Personally, I don't really see how the religious standing of the PM matters. The majority of them are Christians, but that doesn't seem to hold a great deal of sway over their actual policy-making ability, so it's not really an issue either way, as far as I can see.

HSC
N/A
the UK cant have an non anglican prime minister you fuck.

and David Miliband is a jew. google it

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Question time the other day, there was real yet silent outrage aongst some in the galleries when the ushers ordered us all to stand for the reading of the Lord's Prayer...

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Question time the other day, there was real yet silent outrage aongst some in the galleries when the ushers ordered us all to stand for the reading of the Lord's Prayer...
I reckon over half the people there are at least atheists/agnostics.

Anyone in a cabinet position is probably "silent" about it though, for political reasons.

I look forward to the day where you an openly mock religion as a politician and publicly state you have no faith, just as many politicians currently glaunt about their faith...

it aint fair.

Default15

HSC
Atheists, as ive said, if youre interested in surviving as a movement, i'd recommend you drop the arrogance......let's keep the discourse civil and genuine, rather than cheap and dirty
You're one to talk:

Then fuck off Riet u arsehole
How very christian of you.

I think that the atheist movement can do quite well for itself without your advice thanks very much.

Arrogance has been one of the formost features of Christianity over the last millenia. The basic assumption that your beliefs are superior, empirical facts that should be forced upon everyone else at sword or gun point.

Now, I'm not saying that you are partial to witch hunts or crusades. However, I would question why you and millions of others support an institution, based upon fabricated fairytales created 2000 years ago by a bunch of bearded, uneducated people desperate for the meaning of life, that has persecuted and murdered and bribed and stolen and lied and manipulated and generally been the "bad guy", all in the name of "faith", a flimsy, whimsical and primitive concept that humanity is surely better than!

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
You're one to talk:

How very christian of you.

I think that the atheist movement can do quite well for itself without your advice thanks very much.

Arrogance has been one of the formost features of Christianity over the last millenia. The basic assumption that your beliefs are superior, empirical facts that should be forced upon everyone else at sword or gun point.

Now, I'm not saying that you are partial to witch hunts or crusades. However, I would question why you and millions of others support an institution, based upon fabricated fairytales created 2000 years ago by a bunch of bearded, uneducated people desperate for the meaning of life, that has persecuted and murdered and bribed and stolen and lied and manipulated and generally been the "bad guy", all in the name of "faith", a flimsy, whimsical and primitive concept that humanity is surely better than!
Similar questions have been answered dozens of times on this place already just read around don't be lazy and expect iron to answer to explain stuff to you philistines over and over again.

birdy17

HSC
hey look julia g. is an athiest, turns out it happened alot sooner than a whole lot of people thought.
good day.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah guys I'm moving to Saudi Arabia where the government aren't godless, childless, red haired heathens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)