When will Ruse's #1 position streak end? (1 Viewer)

Which type of school will beat Ruse one day?

• Private or Religious School

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Selective School

Votes: 119 61.3%
  • Random Comprehensive School

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • No-One

Votes: 45 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theind1996

HSC
N/A
To an extent, probably yes but obviously there are normal people and geniuses too. Tech is quite laid back for a fully selective school but somehow, it still ranks high and does well in the HSC.
As for your next question, it's probably because the school is within regions like hurstville, bexley, rockdale and beverly hills.
LOL, just like Girra is FULLLL of curries. The school's local train station is surrounded by Sri Lankan spice shops LOLOL.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hey guys wanna know why ruse always comes first? I'll give u a hint....

How many rusers post on bos?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys wanna know why ruse always comes first? I'll give u a hint....

How many rusers post on bos?
Obviously because they use basement asian tactics...
They take the best students in the state in Year 6....

THAT'S IT!
I shall form my own school and make only 2 students sit the HSC!
Tell them to go tutoring, study 24/7, etc.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't see NSBHS taking the throne on the grounds that their last cohort was considered their "best" by some and that wasn't enough to beat a "bad" Ruse cohort. BHHS probably won't if khfreakau is right about the cohorts getting worse. SBHS, well, I don't really know much about them but I really don't see them being enough to take the throne unless they have an exceptional cohort.

Last two I think MIGHT be able to do it in the future are SGHS or NSGHS - otherwise, possibly Fort Street if they keep improving like they have in recent years. The last school would be Malek Fahd since they have tactics in gaining ranks - if they have a good year, they can remove all their poorer students and easily get the top ranks.

zombies

HSC
I don't see NSBHS taking the throne on the grounds that their last cohort was considered their "best" by some and that wasn't enough to beat a "bad" Ruse cohort. BHHS probably won't if khfreakau is right about the cohorts getting worse. SBHS, well, I don't really know much about them but I really don't see them being enough to take the throne unless they have an exceptional cohort.

Last two I think MIGHT be able to do it in the future are SGHS or NSGHS - otherwise, possibly Fort Street if they keep improving like they have in recent years. The last school would be Malek Fahd since they have tactics in gaining ranks - if they have a good year, they can remove all their poorer students and easily get the top ranks.
NSG ^_^

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Then only like 400 people would get into a selective school statewide

There wouldnt be enough students to fill up da schools

zombies

HSC
Cant other selective schools just raise their entry requirements on selective test, so only the smarter kids can come in? ffs the boarders at HAHS pull our cohort down ridiculously. HAHS would definitely be top 15 without boarders geez. They're like 20 percent of each grade. Other selective schools should just say "right, only 260/300 and above kids may come to our school". thatll blow ruse out of the water!!
Because then they wouldn't have enough students? I'm sure with all selectives, they just pick the smartest kids that sit the test.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Because then they wouldn't have enough students? I'm sure with all selectives, they just pick the smartest kids that sit the test.
no no no, you see, they would have enough students, any school could just raise the entry score by +1 of ruse's, so all the smartest kids will flock to other schools, and ruse can go cry in a corner lol

ps no offence rusians, i love ruse in reality :D

zombies

HSC
no no no, you see, they would have enough students, any school could just raise the entry score by +1 of ruse's, so all the smartest kids will flock to other schools, and ruse can go cry in a corner lol

ps no offence rusians, i love ruse in reality :D
wait i'm slightly confused. because when a student is given the choice between ruse and a random selective, they would choose ruse wouldnt they?

deswa1

HSC
wait i'm slightly confused. because when a student is given the choice between ruse and a random selective, they would choose ruse wouldnt they?
Plus I don't think schools are allowed to set their entry requirements. As they are government funded, I think they have to take the top XX students that put them 1st (depending on the school). This is why entry scores change from year to year.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I shall cheer on Sydney grammar to defeat James Ruse. We'll use all our scholars on them ^.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Schools are not allowed to raise their benchmark. Why do you think the benchmark changes every year? They must take a certain amount of student roughly depending on how much they can support - this forms the cut-off. If they don't, they would probably have to accept comprehensive students and become a "semi-selective" school.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Why I believe Malek Fahd can do it:
100+ students - ranked 30ish
70+ students - ranked top 20
See a trend?

They were able to get into the top 10 one year if I remember correctly... I think they were ranked 9th that year, beating Syd Boys who were ranked 10th that year...

delian

HSC
N/A
Baulko has been consistently in top 5 but I can't see it beating ruse in the near future.

MiseryParade

HSC
Baulko has a very strong head, but a long (= weak) tail. I can't see us beating Ruse anytime soon unless we cut our cohort size down from ~200 to 110ish and lessen the gap between the top and the bottom of the grade.

We have a few kids who chose Baulko over Ruse back in year 6, but honestly, not many of them can be considered as "top" students in senior school. It isn't about taking the smartest when you're not even out of primary school; it's about consistent effort being put in after the *omg selective test must study* phase.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
There would be plenty of drama if Ruse fell down from 1st in the State, but I don't see that happening in the near future unless they have a horrible cohort (even weaker than 2011 - no offence) and the school overtaking it (most likely a selective school) has an extremely strong cohort. Also, there are many who did not enter Ruse and decided to go to other Selective Schools... these schools might have a chance to overtake Ruse.
In fair judgement, a miracle has to occur for Ruse to collapse in the HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)