when your younger sibling grows up (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
ahha jem, when it comes to younger sisters there IS NO LOGIC!!!

(hmm.. okay now i kind of understand where my dad is coming from :eek:) but yeah, i'm not THAT bad with my sister. i just worry a lot :|

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
I find this so funny lol

ok nobody wants to IMAGINE their siblings having sex, but honestly, one day your little sister is going to have sex.

If it's ok for you to have sex (and it's ok for your girlfriend to have sex with you) why is it not ok for your sister to have sex? lol I've never seen the logic in this one. But hey I don't have a younger sibling, so it must have something to do with the over protectiveness. I know my brother would FREAK if he knew I wasn't a good little virginal girl.
Haha, I think its because being male, you know quite exactly how freaky/kinky/smexy shit can get *nods*

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's amazing how protective people can be of their little siblings, especially regarding sex. Go us older siblings! :D

PatG

HSC
I have two older sisters. One started going out with all these revheads when I was 14... I didn't like them but what could I do? They were bigger than me. My other sister started going out with a 26 year old nurse (hehehe) when she was 19. I liked him though so I didn't say anything.

I don't have to worry about my little brothers though. They're either a) an antisocial loser or b) a nerd.

No one seems to want to protect me, although mum constantly bugs me about where I'm going out and if I'm seeing anyone. I give her the standard "that's for me to know and you to find out" answer.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
breaking said:
um because his sister is like 13?

well that is a different story. lol If i had one, I'd slap my younger sibling over the head if they were having sex at the age of 13.

DrownTheCrow said:
um not if i can help it k
no offence, but I think this is a slight immature response. The only advice I can give you is that if you are verbal about your dislike regarding your sister's dating, then things can get pretty nasty. You need her trust, so she can tell you things, so you can have an open relationship. But if you jump down her throat every time something comes up about sex, then I doubt she's going to trust you to tell you things or be comfortable about it. But hey that's my 5 cents.

In the event that your sister is younger than 16, please slap her across her head if she is considering having sex :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i hate when people say no offence. its such a cop out... why not say offence intended...

and look i think you are taking me far too seriously here... of course i want to look after my little sister but perhaps not as much as you think i do

PatG

HSC
The_highwayman said:
my mum would refuse to let me back inside the house on my return if i gave her that answer.
It helps if you have a set of keys.

My mum's threatening to ban me from sitting the HSC if I don't tell the exact address and phone number of where my formal after party is going to be. I laughed at her cos that's the last thing she'd do.

PatG

HSC
Of course I have a mobile. And I do tell her when I plan to be back but just not exactly where I'm going.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
PatG i think what you are doing is a great idea, breaking in your parents is key to your own freedom. My parents have never been restrictive beyond reason, but i also felt they didnt need to know everything about my life, have an itinerary of the night, addresses, who was going to be there[im not talking about a rough guess at numbers, iam talking a list of names] phone numbers and emergency contact details. My dad at one stage wanted me to 'check in' with him by calling every time i reached a new place, or if the 'plan' changed.

I told them off about it and said they were being unreasonable, told them me having a mobile on me was more than enough for contacting me and for a period of a year or so i only ever told them i was going 'out'. Now being an adult i am abit safer about it, and do tell them where i am going, but never to the extent they used to want me...and surprisingly they are cool with it.

I guess it goes to show parents dont realise they are being unreasonable sometimes, and if you only give them the info they might need in the case of an emergency, then often enough they are happy with that.

HSC
haha...
im 17 and my older brother (18) is really procteive of me. last year a sleazebag asked me out, i said no for three reasons: 1. he was so sleazy and kept trying to grope me. 2. i met him trough my sister... so he was 5 years older then me. and 3. i had heard sum pretty bad stuff about him. anyways, my brother never really 4gave hm for asking me out, and wen he wouldnt stop calling me he went to his place and punched him. our father died wen we were younger and he wants to be a father figure to me, so he only introduces me to his trustworthy friends ans warns them off me.
im so glad he doesnt go to skool with me now... hed c me talkin to a guy, come home and question me relentlessly about him.
i dont mind it, hes been through a lot and its nice to kno that he cares about me so much

PatG

HSC
I went away with my school to the UK last year on a rugby tour. We weren't supposed to be drinking at all but when my mum asked me if I was, I was straightforward with her and told her that I was. I expect my parents to trust my judgement and not group me in with other teenagers who may make wrong decisions. I'll grant that I don't know everything but they could at least give me a chance.

HSC
I have a younger brother, he is 15.

I am nearly 19...and I hate to think of him doing the same stupid stuff as my friends and I when we were 15 and up like going to parties, drinking, smoking pot, having sex, smoking, walking the streets at night, drink driving, going to clubs, getting in trouble at school, fighting with friends, breaking up with bfs, cheating, having one night stands etc etc...But most of it is part of growing up.

I have an older brother who is 21 and he isnt really very over protective of me, like if my current bf hurt me, I dont think he would do much, I dont think he could, my bf is taller, stronger etc than my bro. But I think my dad makes up for it. I am his little angel lol.

j-kadey

HSC
man, ur a guy and ur pretty protective its understandable, im a chick and im SO protective of my little sis, she mentions a guys name and im like "and who is he?" haha.. and my best mate is the same with her.. he is like a bro to her.. its because we've been there done all that so we know whats goin on.

Season

HSC
I love my brothers but hate them as well for this very reason. Once at a party they took this guy off for a 'little talk in the bushes' god it was soo stupid and I had the crappest night as they were practically tagging me the whole night, as well as their stupid friends who were out to 'protect me'.

They always say 'guys are horrible players, like us' gahh annoying.

A note to all protective older brothers--- the more you do it, the less we'll tell you. I don't tell my brothers any details about that area of my life so I don't cause any problems. I have a boyfriend at the moment for about 6 months, but no one in my family knows. Maybe one day I will be able to tell them, but in the mean time while they're acting like I'm ten and that every guy is a rapist, they get nothing from me.

lengy

HSC
I'm very protective of my youngest sister but I also encourage her to go out and have fun. Recently she asked if she could go to a rugby league match with friends, apparently mostly guys... if not all guys... but as anxious as I am about this, she needs to go out and have fun. I will be there to drive her to the match, I will be waiting for her after the match. That's the best I can do besides be there with her but she needs her own space and I understand that there will be 15,000 other people in the stadium so I'll wait and hope she has fun even when I'll be waiting anxiously for her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)