when's your first assessments start??? (1 Viewer)

kathrynso

HSC
Finally did the English speech today, feels so good... no more speeches for English!
I have another one coming up for English, a writing narrative task. Then a chem research one, bio test, maths & ext. maths tests.
Arg...

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
My 2U maths exam just got moved to an earlier date because of the Yr 10 accelerants. They're having a cry over the fact that they'd have come to school to do the test when Yr 10s are meant to be bludging at home.

ballin

Banned
HSC
mannn.. my modern history teacher made me happier than ever to be doing modern history. check it out, we get two weeks notification for the test, ANDDDD we get given the questions in advance. so all we have to do is prepare an answer, thats hot

Beege

HSC
same for me but its business studies, they have already given us the business report question with the case study and all we have to do is write it at home, get the teacher to check it out and see if I need to make any changes to it, then take it home again, edit it, memorise it fully and rewrite it on the day of the test

very happy

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
:mad1: i have 3 assesments due already!!!!!!!!!!
maths 2u 20%
chemistry 5% physics 5%
btw these are all examsssss
and i just came back from camp so im fully submereged in holiday mode

Loza33

HSC
Hey Everyone,

Wow, i'm kind of new to this Board of Studies blog thing.. but hey, i thought I'd give it a go!!

I love all this complaining about assessments!!

How much do they suck??

I handed in my first major ancient history assessment yesterday... 12 000 words!! 35 pages! I mean really... there is only so much you can write on sources in Pompeii!!

I have a maths assessment on monday... But im lazy and do general so im not too stressed.. it is all very easy! Luckily!

Ive also already handed in a proposal for ext. 2 english major work, a proposal for ext. history major work, and written a 10 000 word ext. english story!! This year sucks sooooo much!!! And we have only been doing it for 6 weeks!! Luckily we start holidays next week... for 8 weeks! yay!! Though the teachers have unrealistic ldeals for us:
"Well, for ext. history, i expect you to spend two hours a day, every day of the holdays!"
Yeah right!!!! For a one unit subject? I'm not even going to spend that much time on a two unit subject!!

Plus, we have all just started being prefects and all that; which requires so much work! coz the teachers expect so much!! And i want to do so much organization and do all the duties required and stuff... but i dont have the time!! I dont see it as fair either; like the school captains have to hardly anything; assesmbly once a week! But being sporting captains, head girl boarder, galloway house captain and drama prefect i have to doo sooo much and organize so much!

Argh!

Wow.. i just did heaps of bitching... awesome!!

Anyone else feel like joining in? It feels good!!

Anyway, im going to my best friends place now to go and get drunk so as to celebrate handing in my ancient history assessment and kill all my brain cells by my maths assessment on monday!!

Have fun!
xxx

jessdoit

HSC
You sure have an impressive extension to your... title I guess o_o;;

Good luck to you! Sounds like a busy packed life...

I have 3 more assessments left~~ 2 down : )

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Stayed up till 4am for an English assessment last week. Heh, plenty more all-nighters to come I'd assume.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Pfft. That's nothing to me :eek:
I skipped a night of sleep for a Physics assignment once.

I worked from 12am to 7:30am. :)

Suprisingly, I actually didn't feel tired at all after that. Other times when I would go to sleep at 4am or something, the next day I would feel like utter shit but not sleeping at all seems to have prevented said feeling of shit. :p

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Suprisingly, I actually didn't feel tired at all after that. Other times when I would go to sleep at 4am or something, the next day I would feel like utter shit but not sleeping at all seems to have prevented said feeling of shit. :p
That doesn't happen till you do it twice in a row, as I would know :eek:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
No, it wasn't for schoolwork, if you were thinking that was the reason behind them ;)
I'm sure your fatigue from the two all nighters were due the draining effect of performing one of the most strenuous exercises known to man. Even those of us with abnormally great stamina could not have survived a 48 hour marathon of what you were doing. ;)

Beege

HSC
woot! my english journeys essay has been post poned to the 11th of december was formerly the 8th when I was gonna do 3 tests on that day, now i only have to do 2 on the 8th woo. Takes a bit of the pressure off for sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)