when's your first assessments start??? (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
i have my general maths assessment tommorow worth 15%, wish me luck guys, i'm feeling confident that I will do well

Beege

HSC
I had my general maths assessment today and it was much easier than I expected, I reckon I got at least 80% in it w00t and I feel the extra effort in studying helped greatly

Sweet Saz

HSC
How does anyone deal with the pressure????

I am going on a tennis tour to New Zealand for the last 2 weeks of school and I am having to do all my assessments in the next 4 school days or taking them on holiday when I will have no time to do them (I will be playing in tennis tournaments every day). This goes toward my HSC :eek:
I have been reminding the teachers of this problem but they seem to have no concept of time. I really like my teachers but it's so frustrating. I have 3 assessments on tuesday. English, Japanese and Maths. All of which I am under prepared for stressing about. I really want to do well but it's highly unlikely that I can. I have to finish my art project by tomorrow, which it impossible and do my ancient history question on the weekend, while fitting in study.

Can anyone help??? Any suggestions???

Sofstar

HSC
Sweet Saz, goodluck! One assessment per day could do.

I have my maths assessment tomorrow. *fingers crossed*.
>STIR<

Beege

HSC
Ive got:

7 Days To Study For IPT
9 Days To Study For Business & Software
12 Days To Study For English - I Hate it

so I will make the most of the time I have left

goosiegoo

HSC
Eeep... my first official assessment is due on monday the 4th of December.. it's english and it's worth 25%!!! argh. That's a mean way to start me off. Well, only half of it is due on monday.. the oral rep. is due on monday but we get another 2 weeks for a creative writing piece.. but i have sooo many over the next few weeks until holidays.

What l'm regretting is my over-study in yr 11. I feel burned out on the course which didn't even count! I did get good marks and learn alot though.. so that's alright.

HSC
Sweet Saz said:
How does anyone deal with the pressure????

I am going on a tennis tour to New Zealand for the last 2 weeks of school and I am having to do all my assessments in the next 4 school days or taking them on holiday when I will have no time to do them (I will be playing in tennis tournaments every day). This goes toward my HSC :eek:
I have been reminding the teachers of this problem but they seem to have no concept of time. I really like my teachers but it's so frustrating. I have 3 assessments on tuesday. English, Japanese and Maths. All of which I am under prepared for stressing about. I really want to do well but it's highly unlikely that I can. I have to finish my art project by tomorrow, which it impossible and do my ancient history question on the weekend, while fitting in study.

Can anyone help??? Any suggestions???
playing sport or listening/playing music is always a good release for me, although i tend to thrive on pressure, i love the feeling of finishing an assignment under pressure, and i kinda get better marks for it, which is weird

but if u feel pressure, just remember that ur not the only one, talk to ur friends about it, tell them ur worries, and u'll feel better, particularly with the knowledge that they feel the same way u do

play sport, eat food, listen to or play music, in between work and study of course

when u have a mental black, go do sumfing else for 15 mins and come back

refresh ur mind, humans aren't machines and we do not work for 10hrs straight without rest/leisure time
a good balanced timetable of study and rest is required to maximise marks in the hsc

pressure is inevitable, and lots of people can be put under pressure, but the best students will be able to deal with this pressure in the most efefctive way

good luck

Last edited:

IceOnFire

HSC
Aaahhh.. finished my maths 3unit and english speech today!!

WoooooT!!!

Now 4 more to go.. but I am still happy. :D

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Finished English speech today, don't think i did too well. I got a 2unit maths test on Thursday, then a physics assignment due next week, and a 3 unit maths test next Wednesday. :bomb:

Beege

HSC
I got an IPT test on wednesday, business report to write on friday and a software test on the same day and then I got an essay about journeys to write the following monday. BTW I got 82% in my generals maths test and I'm very happy with it since I suck at maths, shall find out rank shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)