Where do you reckon is the best suburb to live in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

Anus McLovin

HSC
The Northern Beaches are good if you're a relatively rich white person.
The Shire is good if you're outdoorsy, and typically "white"
The absolute Eastern Suburbs (I.E. Watto's Bay Bondi, Tamarama, Coogee, Maroubra, Malabar) are preety sweet (note there are little to no train lines, but that's a double edged sword)

Most of the west is kinda shit. Not everywhere, but a lot of it.

The places that haven't been mentioned generally fall inbetween (average).

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
At the moment, I love living in Sydney CBD as everything is pretty central.

I've also lived at near Rose Bay and if you don't have a car then you either need to walk to Bondi Junction or Edgecliff Station, or take a bus which seems nonexistant at most times, so if you don't have a car, it's not too useful.

Maybe in the future I'd like to live somewhere quiet, like Mt Victoria =D

UNZPME said:
bankstown :D ;)
I hate the Bankstown train line, it's good for going up and down within it, like going to see a doctor at Campsie, but it takes 50 minutes to goto the city! I do go there though via train often, they have a really good Vietnamese restaurant =D

5233andy

HSC
Maybe Katoomba... it's nice and cool, relative to the rest of Sydney. Of course, there are the cons... bushfires are a potential hazard as well as trains turning up one every hour or so.

But no, I don't live anywhere near there.

aussie-boy

HSC
well according to smh, bronte is the best

however i think there are too many old 60s apartment blocks and run down streets... people say its bohemian but i think that just means old

so im going to say
*rhodes
*pyrmont
*the end of glebe point
*around parsley bay, vaucluse
*rouse hill
*prince henry at little bay

basically anywhere with good architecture and high quality public space (so no mcmansions)

aussie-boy

HSC
Anus McLovin said:
The absolute Eastern Suburbs (I.E. Watto's Bay Bondi, Tamarama, Coogee, Maroubra, Malabar) are preety sweet (note there are little to no train lines, but that's a double edged sword)
lol i think your stretching it a bit... the true east is defined by old south head road to the east, oxford st to the south and ocean st to the west

i love being pretentious

oh and the absolute east is losing comparative prestige as tamarama, bronte and clovelly are becoming really glamorous places to live in

Monika D

HSC
the most easterly place in australia is byron bay and that beats all these eastern suburbs :(

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
aussie-boy said:
lol i think your stretching it a bit... the true east is defined by old south head road to the east, oxford st to the south and ocean st to the west
I dont think hes really stretching it (except maybe malabar). People who live within those boundaries consider that to be the Eastern Suburbs, but as you said correctly, thats just them being pretentious.

Or maybe thats because I live in Randwick, and have never seen the distinction between where I live and the 5 minute drive to get to Oxford st.

Anyway i'd choose tamarama, bronte or clovelly over vaucluse or double bay anyday

hectic18

HSC
N/A
aussie-boy said:
*rhodes
*pyrmont
*the end of glebe point
*around parsley bay, vaucluse
*rouse hill
*prince henry at little bay
impossible to find a good kebab for kilometres. therefore bankstown is the best suburb to live in sydney :D

aussie-boy

HSC
hectic18 said:
impossible to find a good kebab for kilometres. therefore bankstown is the best suburb to live in sydney :D
lol thats actually so true
all my suburbs are far away from any ethnic areas
i didnt even realise

hairspray

HSC
Paramatta, i read somewhere that Paramatta Westfields is the largest shopping centre in the southern hemispehere. There are heaps of cool cafes @ parra as well =)

Mosman and Pyrmont are pretty cool as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)