where's your BOW at? (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
zaqwerty said:
I need to do 112 drawings and I've done 22.

But I've done all the big ones and they get smaller.

Either way, when all the drawings are done, I still need to mount them and such, this will take at least two weeks.

And my teacher has some crazy idea of making our BOWs due one week BEFORE the official due date....

Pfft, as if, I'm not listening to her, I need all the time I can get.
u think u got it bad? ours are due week 3 - a month before the official due date!

jazzmuzik

HSC
I'm about 80% done :)
i'm happy i could hand it in by the end of this week if i had to, but i need time to polish, frame, make sure i'm 100% happy. Its crazy how much it looks like exactly what i wanted! its not like my original idea but in a strange way its fullfilled my dream artwork more than i had planned to begin with. yeah i'm :) ? thoughts

who here just loves/ hates art/ their artwork?

zaqwerty

HSC
jirwin said:
u think u got it bad? ours are due week 3 - a month before the official due date!
What's with that? Is it just a threat so they make sure you get it done in time?

zaqwerty

HSC
jazzmuzik said:
I'm about 80% done :)
i'm happy i could hand it in by the end of this week if i had to, but i need time to polish, frame, make sure i'm 100% happy. Its crazy how much it looks like exactly what i wanted! its not like my original idea but in a strange way its fullfilled my dream artwork more than i had planned to begin with. yeah i'm :) ? thoughts

who here just loves/ hates art/ their artwork?
I love my artwork, to an extent. It's bloody annoying because the more I look at it, the more I see the imperfections.

killyridols

HSC
i'm pretty happy with my progress so far, even though i haven't done anything for all of this term. i picked my idea last year and just stuck with it. i'm doing photography/digital art.
not sure what my concept is really because i don't want to ruin it by theorising too much, but i told my teacher it was about subverting paradigms of sexuality and femininity in pulp art and sci fi. i took photos of my friend eric (who is aboriginal, so my teacher told me my work was about colonialism and aboriginality...) and put him in this barbarella kind of costume- huge angel wings, silver sequinned hot shorts with tassels, a ray gun, futuristic make up. then i got a small trampoline and took mid air shots of him flying with him ray gun. i've photoshopped the pictures and changed the background so it looks like he's flying around in space. i have one of him riding a crescent moon, jumping out of an explosion surrounded by shrapnel and one of him shooting his doppelganger (i copied and pasted another photo of him with a gun in the picture then flipped it) on a mars kind of landscape.
the copying and pasting onto new backgrounds was ok, but i have no previous experience of photoshop so fixing up the photos will be hard.

mikeet

HSC
Wow, your photography sounds really interesting.

I'm doing photography too. I've taken about 66 usable photos, and my concept is hard to explain, but you get it when you see it... Well I do, and so does my art teacher. My photos have a narrative, which you don't actually know, and doesn't link either, but there's a concept, you just interpret how you will... and my art teacher says its something contemporary photographers are/were doing- so I suppose I could reference that.

Everyone at my school is so talented! There are at least 8 potential Art Express students, with good works and strong concepts.. Too bad the max for one school is 4.

How many weeks are you leaving for printing and everything?

goosiegoo

HSC
I started/got well into another artwork today... huzzah! So freaked out, as i haven't done enough... at all *bangs head repeatedly on table*. But thankfully it doesn't take me ages to do them. The only real problem is getting the photo taken because it takes organisation and... blah. Whereas the photoshop work i just sit down and do whenever i have a spare moment.
Anywho, i'm extremely stressed out. Ahaha... *weeps*

I probably won't leave too long for my printing because i'm getting a friend to do it for me so there won't be much risk of difficulties with a printing place...

Wasting words

HSC
everyones bow sounds so cool unfair ....well im nearly done, thought id get a heep done took part home for the hols and well tear* sort of recked it......... oh well ...my major is like realy realy big, i dont like it, im sick of it, i hate it, ahhhh stressen

mad-triste

HSC

haven't started.

haven't FREAKING started.

it's due in three weeks.

(!!!)

let me explain.

I started at the beginning of the course, did one artwork in photography, assessment time - teacher hated it. Not strong enough, I'm digital, not photo, so have to do digital. So I did a digital work. For months. Handed it in for my last assessment (just before the holidays) and she hated that too. She told me to go back to my first idea.

...yeah, the one she hated.

I've said, 'screw that'. Not listening to her any more. I'm going to do my own artwork - photo/manipulation - only problem is I can't take the photos til this sunday.

the photoshopping is experimental and easy, and I only need 1 day for the photos, they're just going to be matte printed...

do you think I'll get it done? I think I can handle it with trials, because my subjects aren't study-intense bar english + math.

freeak

HSC
its really hard in art how its soo subjective and ur art teacher really has a major part in what you actually turn out to do. i think im almost finished, i like it as a work itself but my art teacher doesnt think seem to think so. how much work are u expected to do in an hsc major work? the works at art express look as tho theyve spent their lives merely doing the work. but mines just four panels of paint atm, three vertical and one across the top. i hope thats enough! i really dont want to do any more, i like it as it is! but i have no really deep and meaningful meaning either hey.
and has anyone made their diaries nice? mine is pretty much a massive bundle of shit!
i took my work to a local artist at her studio which was really good, to get a new perspective maybe you should see an art teacher from another school to see what they think? what do u want to do? which is easiest for u to get done i three weeks?
good luck guys,
x x

goosiegoo

HSC
When i started i didn't really care whether my art teacher liked the idea or not, and he tends not to tell you 'what to do' like alot of art teachers, but tells you just... how to make what you're doing better. So, if you like what you're doing, do it because you'll put more effort in if you like the idea.
mad-triste, it is a body of work... so you could always put the other artworks you did into it, as different artworks or something like that. Along with these new ones you've got to do...

mengO

HSC
i've nearly finish...i just have details to put in... my artwork requires many layers LOLS...

from dark layer up to light...its from brett whiteley's technique...

its pretty interesting but im not as good as him :p put i'm trying my best tho hehehehe

emdrinan

HSC
well mines sort of finished... not really maybe 85%?! im using digital manipulation and latex sculptures, ive done all the images, had them finished for ages i just have to decide which ones to use and what sizes to get them printed and then make some new plaster moulds of arms, legs and a chest then in goes the latex and out it comes, but i need to find more latex?! i posted this earlier on elsewhere on site but anyway anyone know where i can get latex?! or how much itll cost?! just a bucket of about 5//10lts

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)