Which career path would you like to pursue in the future? (1 Viewer)

carmot

HSC
Medicine. As in I actually want to do it and it sounds interesting to me. Joining Doctors without Borders sounds pretty cool, although a bit dangerous :D GP sounds good, maybe a sports physician.
After that, I've been thinking dietitian, because nutrition interests me a lot as well, but so do other aspects of health and the body, so I'll try for medicine.

Sammy2011

HSC
Veterinarian!

Or Medicine, Forensic Anthropology, Criminal Profiling....

1titanic

HSC
Hmmm.... Medicine/Pharmacy
btw do we have to take the UMAT or STAT test for Usyd?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Juggling between Medicine and Acturial. Why do they both have to be so hard to acquire? :(

Gnaw. Medicine requires a high ATAR, UMAT and interview score. Acturial requires a high ATAR and an excellent mark in MXII. FML.​

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you taking Biology? Taking Biology is not necessary for medicine, as there are no assumed knowledge subjects, but my psychiatrist (lol I'm psycho! :p) said it would help and she has a B Med (from England, I think)

Also, wtf at "I'm bad at science so I'll never make it"? That is SO not true. Science is the best subject because: YOU CAN never GET TOO FAR BEHIND. There is plenty of time over the next 18 months of the HSC for you to work hard at science, and if you're taking it, maths.

Don't worry about it if you're bad at science. A Band 5 should give sufficient scaling to help you if you can pull one or two other Band 5's and two high Band 6's in your main ten units. That should be enough to get the 93.00 ATAR for UWS if you live in GWS (Greater Western Sydney) and the 95.00 for all other applicants and all other Australian medicine schools at universities across the country and world.

I recommend for MB,BS and B Med:
1) UWS (easy to get to, full accredited degree for practice in Australia+New Zealand and the degree is only five year long (5 years FT fulltime)
2) UNSW - 6 year degree Kensington campus rural experience is required to pass the course
3) University of Newcastle&University of New England - Bachelor of Medicine. Fully accredited medicine/surgery practice (practice meaning experience in surg. is a requirement, as for all medicine courses) degree - 5years
4) Monash in VIC - 5 years
5) JCU in Qld - 6 years, NO UMAT required.
95.00 is the minimum cut-off ATAR for UWS Medicine and I assume only a few get accepted with 95 because of their extraordinary high UMAT and interview score. Usually much higher. Getting a band 5 for most subjects isn't sufficient to scale you up.

Oladele

HSC
I really do like politics, but I good at Math as well :S

I'm not sure what career path that might fit in, any suggestions?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Right now, a civil engineer and then being in managment at the RTA. This would of course involve me getting heaps of experience in many different fields + travelling around a bit :D

HSC
Uni Grad
perhaps International Studies at UNSW?
then transfer into combined law if i do good enough

or otherwise I'll do B Sc. in advanced mathematics and B Arts in political science/international relations :p

probably wanna become a professor one day...

1titanic

HSC
iRuler:

really but the teacher told me that you have to do the STAT test if you want to work in the medicine industry...

99.95 hmm... I have seen some people got 95+

by the way how do you guys copy the quote... I don't know:shy:, it seems so much easier rather typing it

Chrissiem

HSC
i wanna do a art law degree!

i jsut looked at the clearly in for this year at deaking waurnpounds vic

its droped to 83! well within my grasp!

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
I am currently aiming to do psychology in uni but if that doesnt work out hopefully something in science or medicine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)