Which faculty had the "best" Teachers? (1 Viewer)

morning storm

HSC
lyounamu said:
history?

And Business Studies
yeah our history department for the last 5-10 years has been legendary. cant believe more people dont do either modern or ancient.

traditionally science does ok as well, so i guess thats a reflection of teachers, ie ms vere. same with maths i think.

english is pretty much horrible.

4unitfreak

HSC
The Physics teachers... best guys ever.
Our Maths teachers were also pretty darn good.

shaon0

HSC
Maths department by far, we have the most gun teachers if your're lucky enough to do 3unit and/or 4unit maths in yr 11 and 12.. Science and english faculties suck :(

HSC
Social Science by far had the most efficient teachers...and English was possibly the worst (from the faculties I actually came into contact with anyway)

savio23q

Band
HSC
I'd say PDHPE for the most part. Other faculties had their mix of good and bad.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
To be perfectly honest, none of them IMO >.>;

Granted, there are some good teachers. But the bad heavily outweigh the good.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
without a doubt the best and funniest classics teacher in the state imo.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
HSIE.

Ohh I could tell you about the crazy antics of the HSIE staff.

I had a sort of war thing going on since Year 8 -- where I started doing well at history; had the same history teacher for Year 8, 9 and 11 and 12, if I got 19/20 it was disappointing lol and I got class groans. lol

In Year 10 I didnt take up Modern, I chose software instead, and when my Year 10 history teacher found out everything became my fault in class (it was all a joke, so it was funny). If a light didnt work, projector... lol, then I would walk down corridors and he'd go "STILL TRYING PAT? GOOD ON YOU!"

umm, in Year 11 when I started absolutely owning history much the same. I joined another ancient class in a few free periods - IDK WHY - and then when I was handing in a prac. essay in the HSIE staff I was standing in the doorway and here comes the other history teacher - "GET OUT OF THE WAY, TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then there was our great old Geography teacher whose jokes never ceased to amaze us in their hilarity - due to their circular or often anti-climactical nature.

But the best bit was when I said goodbye - they were all like "good luck!" and "Take care of yourself" and all the old jokes/'rivalries' disappeared, it was really great.

I even wrote a comedy article for them which I think is Speculative Fiction - in that crazy, much-speculated-on-before-laughing scenario where the entire ancient class ("the worst we've ever seen since we've been teaching at this school. And that's a conservative estimate.") got Band 6s.

I'm still crossing my fingers that at least 90% of us will.

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
English was pretty good, so was PDHPE but science (just physics) wins for me. The physics teachers were actually devoted to their job and spent their spare time developing ways to make our education better.

metalheaven

HSC
History and English by far.... although I can't really make much of a judgement, seeing as this year more than half my units were either english or history units :p

HSC
inter108 said:
According to your school.

Mine:English by far.
English was muddled up as. They thought stimulus material would be sent out this year, though there are 3 really awesome teachers (one who with get half to 3/4 of her classes band 6's)

History and HSIE is a poopshoot. There's one amazing teacher, one average one and one who gives you notes from an out-of-date textbook.

Our HSIE/legal studies is by far the best though. We're 12% above the state average and our school's only ranked 182nd!

inter108

HSC
Year 12 i didn't get one detention off any teacher lolz

I think they get used to people, After a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)