Which faculty had the "best" Teachers? (1 Viewer)

morning storm

HSC
Patar said:
HSIE.

Ohh I could tell you about the crazy antics of the HSIE staff.

I had a sort of war thing going on since Year 8 -- where I started doing well at history; had the same history teacher for Year 8, 9 and 11 and 12, if I got 19/20 it was disappointing lol and I got class groans. lol

In Year 10 I didnt take up Modern, I chose software instead, and when my Year 10 history teacher found out everything became my fault in class (it was all a joke, so it was funny). If a light didnt work, projector... lol, then I would walk down corridors and he'd go "STILL TRYING PAT? GOOD ON YOU!"

umm, in Year 11 when I started absolutely owning history much the same. I joined another ancient class in a few free periods - IDK WHY - and then when I was handing in a prac. essay in the HSIE staff I was standing in the doorway and here comes the other history teacher - "GET OUT OF THE WAY, TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then there was our great old Geography teacher whose jokes never ceased to amaze us in their hilarity - due to their circular or often anti-climactical nature.

But the best bit was when I said goodbye - they were all like "good luck!" and "Take care of yourself" and all the old jokes/'rivalries' disappeared, it was really great.

I even wrote a comedy article for them which I think is Speculative Fiction - in that crazy, much-speculated-on-before-laughing scenario where the entire ancient class ("the worst we've ever seen since we've been teaching at this school. And that's a conservative estimate.") got Band 6s.

I'm still crossing my fingers that at least 90% of us will.
90%? wow, what school do you go to?

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
morning storm said:
90%? wow, what school do you go to?
Gosford High School

I was joking though.

Usually in Ancient History at our school, out of about 40 kids, about 15 get Band 6s, and the rest get band 5s - most of those are 88s and 89s. (According to our ancient teacher). Last year we got 2 Band 4s unfortunately.

This year however, when we got our trial marks back:

"These are the worst results we've seen at this school since we've started teaching here. And that's a conservative estimate."

It was BRUTAL. Our ancient teacher is usually a laidback, joking sort of guy lol.

So... My guess is, only about 10 of us will score Band 6s this time and we might even get a few band 4s.

But there was a joke thing going round - if ALL of us can get a Band 6 our ancient teacher will get a tattoo lol. This will never happen, its just wishful thinking :p

Last edited:
HSC
History man. English/Social science wa ok...

but the history department was full of practical jokes and laughs.

Im gonna miss them :(

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
science'

wait.. pdhpe department!!
ahha yeah i was thinking about it but then i realised that our pe guys are the biggest champs ever

i dont know if they are the most technically skilled

but they are right champs =]

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Chinmoku03 said:
To be perfectly honest, none of them IMO >.>;

Granted, there are some good teachers. But the bad heavily outweigh the good.
ugh i know exactly what you mean. bet you went to a public school

H

hilaryv

in terms of my teachers - Maths/History and the LOTE staff (the last mainly because they all gossiped like old ladies so we got all the secrets- good fun)

the english department was a disaster, not even funny.... i get a nervous tic just thinking about it.....

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
History and Cultural Studies department, most definately. Had the most amazing Society teacher ever and an excellent Modern teacher. My Extension History teacher was great too! I've heard the Ancient teachers were excellent as well.

My English teacher was also amazing, but overall the English dept was pretty average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)