Which is the best private school? have your say. (1 Viewer)

Which is the best private school?

• MLC School Sydney

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Trinity Grammar School

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Newington College

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Scots College

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • The Kings School

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • Ascham

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Pymble Ladies\' College

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • Abbotsleigh

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Knox Grammar School

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Ravenswood

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Anus McLovin said:
I go to Sydney Boys High, and I reckon ANY of the GPS Private schools (not counting The Armidale School) would absolutely rip the rest in Sydney, no competition.

Within the GPS, i dunno for sure, but i.m.o the order of schools i'd like to go to are

1. Grammar
2. Newington
3. Scots
4. Iggies
5. Shore
6. Kings
7. Joeys

Even though Joeys is last on that list, i'd rather go there than most schools in Sydney. I've also taken into consideration travel time, seeing as I live in Sydney's East.
So the basis is the travelling time, yeah?

Anus McLovin

HSC
Almost.

Joeys is closer than Kings, but they have compulsary week boarding. I'm not sure if i'd like it. I guess i'd get used to it, but yeah, since i don't go there i have to judge by what i've seen from the outside, and the pupils i've met.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Anus McLovin said:
Almost.

Joeys is closer than Kings, but they have compulsary week boarding. I'm not sure if i'd like it. I guess i'd get used to it, but yeah, since i don't go there i have to judge by what i've seen from the outside, and the pupils i've met.
Yeah, I would personally go for Knox Grammar if school called SPX didn't exist.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I go to Sydney Boys High, and I reckon ANY of the GPS Private schools (not counting The Armidale School) would absolutely rip the rest in Sydney, no competition.

Within the GPS, i dunno for sure, but i.m.o the order of schools i'd like to go to are

1. Grammar
2. Newington
3. Scots
4. Iggies
5. Shore
6. Kings
7. Joeys

Even though Joeys is last on that list, i'd rather go there than most schools in Sydney. I've also taken into consideration travel time, seeing as I live in Sydney's East.
Wow I didn't know people outside of Armidale hated TAS as well. I now have some respect for you.

Honestly though I hate private schools they just force you to work harder than public schools, it doesn't matter what school you go to you can do just as well either way.

philphie

Banned
HSC
This is how I see it in terms of generalisations. In sydney, people will judge you on where you live, in Melbourne they will judge you on what school you came from.

Private schools in general are just a breeding ground for developing social elitisms, we practically just shelter ourselves from the real world, perpetuating our parent's elitist 'jet-setter' values (if you can even call ourselves jett-setters, if we were all jett-setters, none of us would be here, probably be in Switzerland at Le Rosey) and prospective industry contacts. Sure for some of us we'll get the better education but really it all depends on you, a lot of private schools in Sydney don't even do that well. And after you finish school, where you came from really doesn't matter to anyone, unless you're one of those people who have no talents and use their background and connections to make a name for themselves.

For me, the only factors that i think that make private schools better than public schools are nicer uniforms and our Victorian/Georgian architecture.

Sydney Grammar School and SCEGGS Darlinghurst really are the only two that have the best results (best results meaning Alumni achievements not school achievements), HSC results don't mean shit if you still turn out to be some derelict failure.

Even still with Syd Grammar and SCEGGS they aren't even that great compared to the private schools Melbourne's stuffy culture have created, have any of our schools invented a national sport?

And beyond that, our private schools are nothing in comparison to what is outside of Australia. In England upper class life pretty much goes like this: Eton college, then Oxford University, then London's Brook's Gentlmen's Club. In Eton they have you wearing white tie attire. Their Alumni, a plethora of English heir-apparents. Now Le Rosey in Switzerland. Almost every consulate, diplomat, and ambassador working for the UN, and almost every European Royal Families have their children enrolled there.

"Bitch please, I went to private school in the eastern suburbs/north shore/inner west", I laugh at what little relevance that has in Sydney and in the world, and the fact that people think that statement actually speaks of some prestige.

i'm not bitching about us private school kids, i'm bitching about people who think they're big because they go to private school.

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
this is how i see it in terms of generalisations. In sydney, people will judge you on where you live, in melbourne they will judge you on what school you came from.

Private schools in general are just a breeding ground for developing social elitisms, we practically just shelter ourselves from the real world, perpetuating our parent's elitist 'jet-setter' values (if you can even call ourselves jett-setters, if we were all jett-setters, none of us would be here, probably be in switzerland at le rosey) and prospective industry contacts. Sure for some of us we'll get the better education but really it all depends on you, a lot of private schools in sydney don't even do that well. And after you finish school, where you came from really doesn't matter to anyone, unless you're one of those people who have no talents and use their background and connections to make a name for themselves.

For me, the only factors that i think that make private schools better than public schools are nicer uniforms and our victorian/georgian architecture.

Sydney grammar school and sceggs darlinghurst really are the only two that have the best results (best results meaning alumni achievements not school achievements), hsc results don't mean shit if you still turn out to be some derelict failure.

Even still with syd grammar and sceggs they aren't even that great compared to the private schools melbourne's stuffy culture have created, have any of our schools invented a national sport?

And beyond that, our private schools are nothing in comparison to what is outside of australia. In england upper class life pretty much goes like this: Eton college, then oxford university, then london's brook's gentlmen's club. In eton they have you wearing white tie attire. Their alumni, a plethora of english heir-apparents. Now le rosey in switzerland. Almost every consulate, diplomat, and ambassador working for the un, and almost every european royal families have their children enrolled there.

"bitch please, i went to private school in the eastern suburbs/north shore/inner west", i laugh at what little relevance that has in sydney and in the world, and the fact that people think that statement actually speaks of some prestige.

I'm not bitching about us private school kids, i'm bitching about people who think they're big because they go to private school.
+1

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Patrician Brothers College Blacktown. All the schools listed are shit.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Reddam=shitest private school of all

you think putting a fancy coat of arms on yourselves will disguise the fact you're only 8 years old?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)