• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (1 Viewer)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

ditto.

HSC
Re: Best Uni for Commerce/Economics Study?

turtleface said:
so much xenophobia on these boards. For those who dislike asians go do Arts or something.
I don't dislike asians...I just don't like an excess of them with poor English skills.

Conspirocy

HSC

nah seriously if ur going to choose ur uni based on the fact there are lots of asians in one place then - dont go to uni, dont study commerce and move out to the country and start a farm or something.

i met some kids from usyd during my vacation work, they seemed alright, pretty smart, same with the ppl from uts, even the guy from uws was smart top quality if u ask me.

To show im not biased to the above uni's im at unsw...ive learnt it doesnt matter, what matters is the person who has the job and it seems like if you want something now days in commerce, because of the demand, you can get it.

See personally I would say that one of the best arguments for unsw is that they are strong in almost every major...perhaps this isnt the case at the other unis. the benefit of this would be its your first year, maybe what u thought u liked isnt what u want to do, so if the uni is strong over a large number of areas then if u change ur mind ur not stuck at a shit uni for what ur majoring in.

then again if u know what u want to do, find out who is the best and go there

ditto.

HSC

TBH

UNSW, USYD, UTS & Macquarie are all good.

No employer's gonna be like LOLZ ROFL WE ONLY TAKE PPL FROM TEH JEWSYD.

Just go to whichever has the environment in which yr the most comfortable.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Re: which uni for the best for business and commerce?

UNSW is meant to be the best

UTS is pretty good i think.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

The lady at USyd told me that UNSW was known for its high quality business, commerce and economics faculties. If USyd is giving credit to UNSW for being good at something above itself, I'd say UNSW is the one for the win.

groovejet

HSC
N/A

Why don't you re-write your question and ask yourself, which university can provide me with the environment I feel comfortable in so I can be focused and enjoy my three years studying Commerce? That's why going and seeing these universities will give you a better answer.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

groovejet said:
Why don't you re-write your question and ask yourself, which university can provide me with the environment I feel comfortable in so I can be focused and enjoy my three years studying Commerce? That's why going and seeing these universities will give you a better answer.
he's got a valid point there
you dont want to have a miserable 3 years studying a course whose environment you think is dull and boring
that is for open days...have a look around to see which suits your lifestyle best

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A

Sensible people go to university primarily to become qualified to enter the career they want.

"Lifestyle" and "excitement" are clearly secondary and ancillary priorities for most people, as they should be.

Bendent

HSC

^ I totally agree.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

MoonlightSonata said:
Sensible people go to university primarily to become qualified to enter the career they want.

"Lifestyle" and "excitement" are clearly secondary and ancillary priorities for most people, as they should be.
well if lifestyle and excitement are clearly secondary, then how come i dont see that many people going to UWS getting their business degrees?
im sure UWS also has qualifications for people to enter their career of their choice just like UNSW and USYD

Monstar

HSC

I think UNSW> *

Accounting people tell me UTS is the place to go if you're into taxation and auditing and macquarie is quite respected in the finance and acturarial fields.

Heres an interesting note, i was speaking to my father's friend, a partner in Big 4 accounting firm and he recommended me go to:
1. UNSW
2. UTS
3. Macq

In the end, it doesnt really matter as they look for consistency within the grades.

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC

azn_gangsta81 said:
well if lifestyle and excitement are clearly secondary, then how come i dont see that many people going to UWS getting their business degrees?
im sure UWS also has qualifications for people to enter their career of their choice just like UNSW and USYD
maybe has to do with the sensible ppl part lol, or maybe they all went to unsw or uts, don't quite get your sentence.

Last edited:

anaoum

HSC
Best Business Faculty

can u guys plz share any information or point me to where i can find the rankings of business faculties in NSW unis... THANX :)

Conspirocy

HSC
Re: Best Business Faculty

i really dont think that 'rankings' will help

my best advice would be to check out the courses online in the handbooks for each uni...see what majors you like, what options you like

i would also check out the open days

anaoum

HSC

thanks...
its just im wondering why more people go to unsw/syd for comm if their is no diff

i just want to no what unis are ranked in terms of their recognition.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A

anaoum said:
thanks...
its just im wondering why more people go to unsw/syd for comm if their is no diff

i just want to no what unis are ranked in terms of their recognition.
go with the UAI cut-offs. and learn to spell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)