Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (2 Viewers)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Usyd vs. UNSW vs. UQ, which one is better for econ?

Pommy babe said:
Why would you ditch UQ to start with?

Also.. have you been offered a firm place by UQ? Cos their offer rounds haven't started yet :confused:
She is an international student, USYD and UNSW are more well renowned overseas. (UNSW moreso in HK)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A

UNSW is probably the best to secure a job as there is some emphasis on financial economics both in teaching and research.

christinahk

HSC
N/A

velox said:
She is an international student, USYD and UNSW are more well renowned overseas. (UNSW moreso in HK)
melb u , monash, unsw, anu are the few renowned here. haha...ironically, not many hk ppl have ever heard of usyd - even my lecturers who come from US or else agree that UNSW has higher achievements in academic arena.

another minor question i want to ask is...if this forum is for nsw or sdyney only? cant see much ppl talking abt anu, melb u!??

btw, i m really confused by the tes ranking coz peer evaluation takes up 40% & thats why a crap uni like The University of Hong Kong occupies 18th which is higher ranked than stanford!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

Ranking are not that good to go off. Of course Stanford is good. The reason not many people over there have heard of USYD is because there are few international students from HK at USYD.

This forum is mainly for nsw/sydney people, however there is a Victorian section. USYD is renowned in the US (for an aussie uni), by brother got into top tier ivys with some scholarships from USYD. But im sure if you did the same degree at UNSW you would get it also.

Conspirocy

HSC

Honestly don't know much about Uni Melb or Monash...I would say they are good...I think most people on here are from NSW not Victoria...so probably a bias

Conspirocy

HSC

velox said:
pretty good guess she was from HK, if she is

is a roflcopter
HSC

hi5 my fellow honkie

Jerruy

HSC
Who has a better Business/Commerce faculty?

In your opinion, which Uni has the better Commerce/Business faculty?? If you wouldn't mind listing in order from 1-4.

U Syd
UWS
Macq Uni
UTS

I have a UAI to get into all but dont really want to travel into the city every day.

Thanks to anyone who helps

Jerruy

HSC
Re: Who has a better Business/Commerce faculty?

help! major dilemma!

Foxodi

HSC

To my understanding, UNSW and USYD are on fairly equal ground
Followed by Macq uni

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC

why would you possibly go to any of the others on your list if USYD is an option? Does your future career mean so little to you?

lol jk but seriously go to USYD.

ssupra

HSC
Hi, just a question/opinion on which uni is the best

Hi, i want to have a career in the finance place in the business world. Which courses out of my preferences will be best for my future career?

1 Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW
2 Bachelor of Economics at UNSW
3 Bachelor of Business Administration with B Economics at Macquarie University
4 Bachelor of Applied Finance with Bachelor of Economics at Macquarie University
5 Bachelor of Business at University of Technology, Sydney

thx.. I want to do finance and end up with a job related to finance.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Re: Hi, just a question/opinion on which uni is the best

UNSW without a doubt is the 'best' in that list.

khfon1

HSC
N/A
Which school is better for doing commerce?UWA or Curtin ?

UWA = Uni of Western Australia ( more theory in this course, lack of industry placemnt ? )

Curtin = Curtin Uni of Technology ( more practical course, less theory part in the course ? less famous ? )

Am I correct ?

danielvh

HSC
Re: Which school is better for doing commerce?UWA or Curtin ?

khfon1 said:
UWA = Uni of Western Australia ( more theory in this course, lack of industry placemnt ? )

Curtin = Curtin Uni of Technology ( more practical course, less theory part in the course ? less famous ? )

Am I correct ?
There's a lot of debate about this but the answer is honestly very simple. UWA is by far the better uni for commerce. I'll give you a few reasons. A disclaimer is that I study Commerce and Economics at UWA. A few months ago I would have said that they're about on par but for the last 2 months I've been doing an Internship at a Management Consulting company in Perth and one of my roles has been to vet all the resumes initially. The resumes we get from UWA are much much better than those from Curtin. This is in terms of formatting, spelling/grammar, experience and general competence. If grads from Curtin can't even pull together a decent resume it leads me to question how good the education is there. Secondly, and this might sound a little racist, commerce at Curtin is like 70-80% international students, many of whom can't speak English very well. This means that group projects will be absolute hell (and there are quite a lot of them in commerce).

Regardless of which uni you go to you can get experience through internships, part time work and so on. The only thing more practical about Curtin is that it has this 3rd year unit called Business Capstone which is pretty cool (basically groups make decisions about the running of a business each week and these decisions result in profits/loss etc. A running score of how you're doing is kept and you can see where you are in comparison to the class.

shells15

HSC
N/A
Which university is the best to study Commerce?

Which university is the best to study Commerce at the undergraduate level in Australia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)