Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (1 Viewer)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

sif not 99

If asiaWEEK was so important to ya Minai then why the hell arent u down at ANU!!!! =)

Asia week has stopped doing uni ratings - my 2 cents as to why? Well they obviously weren't worth reading therefore it wasnt economically viable for Asia Week to continue producing them!

hehe I do commerce *wink*

In all seriousness I went to Sydney Uni because it was closer and I didnt think too highly of Club Mac or Up the shit (UTS) dont take it too personally =)

I couldnt really separate the two apart from honours for finance and eco starting in year 2 at Sydney with special streaming from year 2 for "potential" honours students is what really won it for me in the end, as UNSW didnt offer this as of last year.

kini mini

HSC
Comparing the international reputations of USyd and UNSW isn't that great an idea IMO, the sad fact is that no Aussie unis have a fantastic international reputation. ANU's is half-decent. If you want to work in Asia then there seems to be much more awareness of UNSW than USyd, the rest of the world frankly doesn't give a damn one way or another, they'll just look at your marks and experience.

The UNSW commerce degree is in fact quite flexible, unfortunately commerce/law is really inflexible but that's another story. My absolute worst case scenario was doing UNSW commerce/science with French and financial mathematics...

With all this comparison of faculties etc, whereever you go there are crap teachers. There certainly wasn't a shortage of them at Grammar, that's put me off relying on reputation for life :p.

The social scene is what you make of it IMO - there are some people who get really involved with sport etc, and some who just study. Both unis are big enough and diverse enough to have lots of people similar to yourself IMO.

In the end, I was swayed by UNSW's great rep in Asia, where I want to work at the start of my career, and the fact that it's 10 mins from my house :D.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by sif not 99
If asiaWEEK was so important to ya Minai then why the hell arent u down at ANU!!!! =)
well, u see, my reservation price for attending ANU is MUCH less than the opportunity cost forgone in stayin in Sydney, living at home yadda *wink* I'm a rational spender =)

Anyway, its all relative
choosing between UNSW and Usyd depends on wat the individual wants to do at uni exactly, not because one uni is absolutely better at everything than the other

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
UOW. That's why a 1/4 of the uni is doing the course there, because big industry such as BHP, Mining companies as well as Banks such as the ANZ and also other major businesses such as Sydney Water and Integral Energy come along and employ you after graduation, and isn't that why you're going and getting educated in the first place, to increase your employability.

SoFTuaRiaL

:rolleyes: to the post above me ....

UNSW has the best reputation in the asia-pacific region ... but it really depends on what major u r interested in
actuarial - maq
international biz - uts
others - unsw

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW graduates are in the most demand, and get access to the better jobs that pay more, both locally and internationally

UOW is a great uni, and you get the jobs, but these jobs seem limited in scope

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
UOW is a great uni, and you get the jobs, but these jobs seem limited in scope
Definitely, it's only very good if you're doing a Human Resource Management, Management, Employment Relations or an Economics course due to the nature of the businesses employing in the area.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
which university is the best for commerce?

heyy what is the best university for
commerce/economics type degrees?

because everyone's telling me i should goto sydney university but i seriously rekon i'll be depressed there (snobby n all) and Maquarie sounds like more fun but still good.

because my uai is 88.95 .... and i have to do an arts degree or something anyway and it's good enough for any arts degree at any uni...... so which university is the best for a commerce degree?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh, considering you have to do an arts degree first then trasnfer (i'm assuming), i'd say to macq uni or uws because of their internal transfer policy. with usyd and i think the same goes with unsw, you have to get a d average or better to be able to transfer within in the uni to b. commerce/b. economics.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah macquarie has a very easy internal transfer system, so thats ur best bet - but also, consider trying for UNSW, it is the best Faculty of Commerce in our region

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
The only thing that concerns me about UNSW is the "travelling" :(
otherwise it appeals more to me over sydney for commerce.

Is it silly to worry about travelling ??
Uni of Sydney is more easy to get to for me.

M

mushi

Originally posted by jlh
uh, considering you have to do an arts degree first then trasnfer (i'm assuming), i'd say to macq uni or uws because of their internal transfer policy. with usyd and i think the same goes with unsw, you have to get a d average or better to be able to transfer within in the uni to b. commerce/b. economics.
how hard is it to get a d average?
like whats the percentage of students that get it?

cause im in the same situation as claire girl but my uai is slightly lower 87.75..and im deciding between unsw arts/maq arts with the hope for transfer

and going to macq for commerce isnt that bad right?

fm

which uni is better in commerce?

which one is better in commerce?
unsw? usyd or maq?
heard ppl say it is maq

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
um ...

unsw commerce has the best rep ...internationally...

hehe...trust u to say that asqy! i'll only believe when a usyd student supports ur statement :D:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)