Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Local paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

0bs3n3

HSC
Does the newspaper you read necessarily imply a correlation to political persuasions?

I can't stand broadsheet papers tbh, even though I hate the trashy tabloid stuff.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I read The Australian
and the economist because technically it's a newspaper

does the newspaper you read necessarily imply a correlation to political persuasions?
to a certain extent it does

I don't know about Sydney papers, but The Age readers have a tendency to be snobby artsy fartsy left wingers, and herald Sun (tabloid) readers tend to be more working class Bogan sorts

the Australian has a slight right wing slant, though they have lots of syndicated writers of different positions so it balances out imo

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
The Age and The Australian. Put together it's a pretty good.

Schoey93

HSC
I absolutely love The Sydney Morning Herald. Good Living and Good Weekend are my favourite liftouts. I love the foodie articles and recipes. I also enjoy the political news and arguments. Altogether it's a great read. Worth the money and the time for sure. :)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I read SMH, and the Sun Herald on sundays, but a lot of the time during term the only time I get to read the paper is in maths == They have awesome columnists. I only ever read the telegraph when it comes free at the easter show or something haha. I don't think it really reflects political persuasion- more what you've been brought up with and are used to, if that makes sense? As in, my parents always read SMH etc and I grew up reading that and will probably stick with it forever or something.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
SMH and Sun-Herald, occasionaly the local paper and mX on the train.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Does the newspaper you read necessarily imply a correlation to political persuasions?

I can't stand broadsheet papers tbh, even though I hate the trashy tabloid stuff.

no most chief editors of aussie newspapers tend to be conservative anyway, i remember a few backing up Howard's last campaign and some changing sides last minute. though this is evened out by the variety of columnists eg. David Marr.

i read smh and The Australian because i think i'm better than everyone else.

really in Sydney and Melbourne it doesn't matter what paper you're reading because you're most likely reading the same crap that comes out of Rupert Murdoch's saggy ass. with that said everyone should read The Daily Prophet and MX.

philphie

Banned
HSC
lol has anyone ever read the North Shore Times? What a fucking waste of money. half of it is filled with real estate

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SMH, mX (cause I go to school in the city), and local newspaper. I sometimes get The Economist, but it's a bit expensive.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol well this year all i really read was the sports section

i have a real bias AGAINST mass media lol

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
newspaper? lol. I read forums, and sometimes reddit. Thats about it. Ocasionally like at a doctors waiting room or something i will read the local paper.

Cazic

HSC
SMH online and the local rag that gets delivered for free. I used to read The Australian online too, but a while ago it stopped working in Firefox, and I cbf making like goatse man and opening IE just to read it, then I never started reading it again /shrug.

Also, Pharyngula.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
economist is for smarmy faggots

written by 25 year olds

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
I read SMH if I have a table, chair and cup of tea nearby. DT sometimes for a laugh, then I laugh a bit more at the opinions section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)