• International Studies @ UNSW

Votes: 54 75.0%
  • Law/Arts @ UWS

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eelsrule1990

HSC
Hey guys I know that most of the answers are going to be: "DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO" But i'd really like some opinions on what some other people would do in my situation.

As it is i got a main round offer from UNSW for international studies. I also have the AAA there and i get $4000 for the first year. This was my 2nd pref (first being combined law @ UNSW).

Last night i received a late round offer for Law/Arts @ UWS. Now I never really wanted this course because i dunno.. i really liked the international studies course at UNSW and wanted to do that then eventually law but now i have the chance to do it at UWS.

Which one would you choose?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Intl Studies, followed by Grad Law. Employers will be scrambling over themselves to suck your dick.

lionking1191

HSC
Hey guys I know that most of the answers are going to be: "DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO" But i'd really like some opinions on what some other people would do in my situation.

As it is i got a main round offer from UNSW for international studies. I also have the AAA there and i get $4000 for the first year. This was my 2nd pref (first being combined law @ UNSW).

Last night i received a late round offer for Law/Arts @ UWS. Now I never really wanted this course because i dunno.. i really liked the international studies course at UNSW and wanted to do that then eventually law but now i have the chance to do it at UWS.

don't forget your internal transfers

if you got sub 97 but above 95 (intl studies this year was 92.xx? i hope u made it) u only need a 75WAM to transfer

otherwise u culd still transfer but u need to work on that GPA, it won't be easy.

or go for grad law. it's only a year longer anyway

UNSW combined law > UWS combined law hands down

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
Take the UWS offer, i'm sure you'll make a great Maccas manager.

lou071

HSC
N/A

if i were you, i would do international studies at UNSW and after one year, I would transfer to law degree. this is my opinion, but it is up to you,

eelsrule1990

HSC
don't forget your internal transfers

if you got sub 97 but above 95 (intl studies this year was 92.xx? i hope u made it) u only need a 75WAM to transfer

otherwise u culd still transfer but u need to work on that GPA, it won't be easy.

or go for grad law. it's only a year longer anyway

UNSW combined law > UWS combined law hands down
My UAI was 89.25 lol but u know got all 5 subject bonus points and another 5 for AAA. So yeah..

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
You already said it. You were looking forward to international studies but the UWS offer is giving you second thoughts. If you do moderately okay, you can easily transfer into law at UNSW in second year. Don't go to UWS, it's shit.

spence

HSC
If you do moderately okay, you can easily transfer into law at UNSW in second year. Don't go to UWS, it's shit.
Are you serious? Pretty sure UNSW law is pretty competitive for transfers, and what do you base UWS being shit on?

HSC
Go UNSW, i love it for all the trivial reasons.

You'll have art and law classes across different campuses with UWS, other than that i can't say much

HSC
Trivial reasons? elaborate...
Well yeah, prestige and the notions of superiority sure, but i <3 ...

- Modern look of the buildings
- Central Lecture Block
- the colour of the ground/pavement
- The Scienta
- Asian chicks
- UNSW coat of arms
- UNSW font
- myUNSW+ layout/colour scheme of UNSW site
- i can see the UNSW library from my house
- ease of typing "UNSW"
- Omie Jay

jaimebien

HSC
In such cases, consider everything you've learnt about both courses at both unis carefully. Then, think about it and then think, what is your gut feeling. Go with that.

B

bekmay

i would do anything to get that place at UNSW!
go with UNSW, then you can think about internally transferring. A lot of the subjects you would take doing arts/law, you can take doing international studies as well, and if you do well in it the first couple of semesters, you can look at internally transferring.
Transferring across unis isn't as easy as people think..

eelsrule1990

HSC
i would do anything to get that place at UNSW!
go with UNSW, then you can think about internally transferring. A lot of the subjects you would take doing arts/law, you can take doing international studies as well, and if you do well in it the first couple of semesters, you can look at internally transferring.
Transferring across unis isn't as easy as people think..
yeah thats wat im gonna do... p.s. how did u not get in with 88? did u not get subject bonus points at all? I culd've had like 8 but u only get 5 max???

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Purely because I'm thinking about going there when I finish school, I'd go with UNSW. But Engineering, as law doesn't interest me.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
int studies at unsw is apprently pretty good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)